• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

LQX

tumblr_n4pzt13Y3E1r5js6ro1_500.jpg

Dynamic Duo!

Terrible suits...and that was just a few years ago.

Frenden

Banned
Gross game. Can't remember the last time multiple Spurs had five fouls. Felt like Adams and Kanter got to play physically while every ticky tack foul got called on the Spurs.

Fjordson

So Duncan is pretty much washed. Looked worthless against the Dubs in the season and he's looking awful in this series. Still think SA will move on, but Aldridge is going to have a heavy load moving forward if this is Duncan's ceiling.

Tied series. OKC vs Warriors here we come.
"get ready breh"

CD'S BAR

Warriors fan here that has no problem with this.

I think spurs warriors would be a much more interesting series than okc warriors, so I'm rooting for spurs to take this series simply off that. That being said, assuming Curry isn't thrown off his game from that injury, I don't think either team would win more than 2 in a series against warriors. Coming from an absolutely non-warriors fan.

Frenden

Banned
So Duncan is pretty much washed. Looked worthless against the Dubs in the season and he's looking awful here.

"get ready breh"

Duncan was fine to start the season. He hasn't been the same since he injured his last working knee a little while back.

random25

Russell Westbrook focusing to his PG duties helped set the tone for OKC together with Durant getting the shots. Good win for them.

Fjordson

If the Warriors beat Portland I'm scared of both these teams. Spurs feel like a better team, but Durant goes nuclear against GS a lot.

If the Warriors beat Portland I'm scared of both these teams. Spurs feel like a better team, but Durant goes nuclear against GS a lot.

As a lifelong Portland resident and Blazers fan, this sentence tickles me. Come on man. What do you mean "if"? The Warriors are so clearly superior to my Blazers. Y'all ain't losing. And if Steph is back and playing at roughly 80% of his typical output this year, you're repeating as champions. Book it.

Fjordson

Holy hell the TNT crew always overrates the Thunder's supporting cast. Their take is always "if OKC trusted their other guys they'd be amazing".

As a lifelong Portland resident and Blazers fan, this sentence tickles me. Come on man. What do you mean "if"? The Warriors are so clearly superior to my Blazers. Y'all ain't losing. And if Steph is back and playing at roughly 80% of his typical output this year, you're repeating as champions. Book it.
I dunno man, I'm always a nervous fan lol. I just don't want to assume anything.

I dunno man, I'm always a nervous fan lol. I just don't want to assume anything.

To be fair, if you're not bandwagoning, you've probably dealt with more heartbreak in the playoffs than we have, so I feel you. My expectations for the Blazers are so low I'm always happily surprised when we do well.

Holy hell the TNT crew always overrates the Thunder's supporting cast. Their take is always "if OKC trusted their other guys they'd be amazing".
Yeah.. that trust has to be earned lol right now, the Thunder can trust Kanter offensively/rebounding and Adams defensively/rebounding. Ibaka has played mostly well in the playoffs but... can you trust Foye, Payne, Morrow, Roberson, Waiters or Singler to bring it in more than one way consistently?

Fjordson

Yeah.. that trust has to be earned lol right now, the Thunder can trust Kanter offensively/rebounding and Adams defensively/rebounding. Ibaka has played mostly well in the playoffs but... can you trust Foye, Payne, Morrow, Roberson, Waiters or Singler to bring it in more than one way consistently?
Even when they do get those other guys buckets the TNT crew ignores it. They had more assists than the Spurs tonight and had key buckets from Waiters and Kanter in the fourth.

Inside the NBA is always entertaining, but for actual analysis they're pretty worthless.

tookhster

This shit pisses me off every time they bring it up. Besides Adams, Kanter, and Ibaka, our supporting cast is unreliable as fuck. Our starting SG can't shoot. Morrow can't play defense and doesn't even get much playing time. Waiters usually misses wide open layups and forces crazy shots....tonight was just a good night for him (don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him). Cam Payne is still young, while Foye, Singler, and Collison have been absolutely terrible for us all season, and it's not because KD and Russ don't "trust" them.

Holy hell the TNT crew always overrates the Thunder's supporting cast. Their take is always "if OKC trusted their other guys they'd be amazing

The TNT crew knows basically nothing about basketball. Let's be real here. Some of the shit that leaves their mouth is actually offensive if you even causally watch ball. OKC team is fucking trash as far as supporting cast goes besides Adams, Ibaka (who I feel has not really moved forward in the last few years, backwards if anything) and Kanter (who is like meh). When your team has to depend on Dion fucking Waiters to get baskets you're in trouble. And you never know what YNB you're getting either.

I need to see it but did Timmy actually pick up 4 fouls in the first half?

Wtf

KD showed why he is just unguardable when he wants to dominate a game. Do it Thunder beat the Spurs send Duncan into retirement.

Jonm1010

Banned
The TNT crew knows basically nothing about basketball. Let's be real here. Some of the shit that leaves their mouth is actually offensive if you even causally watch ball. OKC team is fucking trash as far as supporting cast goes besides Adams, Ibaka (who I feel has not really moved forward in the last few years, backwards if anything) and Kanter (who is like meh). When your team has to depend on Dion fucking Waiters to get baskets you're in trouble. And you never know what YNB you're getting either.

I actually 100% agree with them on that one.

The Thunder and more specifically Durant and especially Westbrook have had serious trust issues with their supporting casts. Two coaches now and they still basically play a two man iso heavy game that occasionally and sporadically involves other people.

I actually 100% agree with them on that one.

The Thunder and more specifically Durant and especially Westbrook have had serious trust issues with their supporting casts. Two coaches now and they still basically play a two man iso heavy game that occasionally and sporadically involves other people.

The Thunder play some fucking horrid offensive basketball and the 2 stars have trust issues. That's fine. But their supporting cast is fucking garbage. We can't seriously be arguing that it isn't can we?

CD'S BAR

The Thunder play some fucking horrid offensive basketball and the 2 stars have trust issues. That's fine. But their supporting cast is fucking garbage. We can't seriously be arguing that it isn't can we?

They aren't great but they are good enough to come up big at the right times if treated the right way. Look at Lebron and the Cavs last year. Guys like JR Smith, Mozgov, Dellavadova, Shumpert...they got distributed the ball in big moments despite being what you could call unreliable, and they came through enough to take the warriors to 6 games. That wasn't all Lebron.

Tonight Thunder actually did a great job feeding other guys consistently like Waiters and Adams and it won them the game. They won't get far if Durant/Westbrook are taking 30 shots each.

List of Division Titles by Team-Most To Least

Los Angeles Lakers 23
Boston Celtics 21
San Antonio Spurs 21
Milwaukee Bucks 13
Miami Heat 12
Oklahoma City Thunder 11
Denver Nuggets 10
Chicago Bulls 9
Detroit Pistons 9
Indiana Pacers 9
Utah Jazz 8
Brooklyn Nets 6
Phoenix Suns 6
Washington Wizards 6
Atlanta Hawks 5
Cleveland Cavaliers 5
Houston Rockets 5
New York Knicks 5
Orlando Magic 5
Philadelphia 76ers 5
Portland Trail Blazers 5
Golden State Warriros 4
Toronto Raptors 4
Dallas Mavericks 3
Sacramento Kings 3
Los Angeles Clippers 2
Minnesota Timberwolves 1
New Orleans Pelicans 1
Charlotte Hornets 0
Memphis Grizzlies 0

Fjordson

JR is better than these guys on the Thunder tbh (though he was awful in the finals). Same goes for Delly. He has his limits, but he's a good player and a much more positive force on a game than someone like Andre Roberson or...Randy Foye. The Spurs are happy to completely ignore Roberson on defense and it works because he can't hit anything. The Warriors did the same thing at times during the season I remember and he never made them pay because he's just not very good.

Like Dion Waiters tonight is not going to show up consistently like that. Overall it's simply a mediocre roster. And the suggestion Barkeley has made before that they may be the deepest team in the league is ludicrous. The one exception offensively would be Kanter, but his defense is usually so awful that it cancels that out. Though somehow he's been better on that end this series, which is why I think Donovan closed with him instead of Ibaka tonight.

Don't get me wrong, OKC shouldn't shut their role players out on offense. They definitely need them to contribute. Just sayin' that the TNT guys overrate them a ton. None of them have shown that they can be consistently dependable.

Bread

Banned

Los Angeles Lakers 23
Boston Celtics 21
San Antonio Spurs 21
Milwaukee Bucks 13
Miami Heat 12
Oklahoma City Thunder 11
Denver Nuggets 10
Chicago Bulls 9
Detroit Pistons 9
Indiana Pacers 9
Utah Jazz 8
Brooklyn Nets 6
Phoenix Suns 6
Washington Wizards 6
Atlanta Hawks 5
Cleveland Cavaliers 5
Houston Rockets 5
New York Knicks 5
Orlando Magic 5
Philadelphia 76ers 5
Portland Trail Blazers 5
Golden State Warriros 4
Toronto Raptors 4
Dallas Mavericks 3
Sacramento Kings 3
Los Angeles Clippers 2
Minnesota Timberwolves 1
New Orleans Pelicans 1
Charlotte Hornets 0
Memphis Grizzlies 0
who has the most championships

Cleveland Cavaliers 5

This is really sad when you figure in the Cavs have been around since the 70's. Then when you consider LeBron's played for them for nine season. >_>

Charlotte also having 0 is shocking. Is that including before the team movies, or were the Pelicans given their one division title?

Fjordson

This is really sad when you figure in the Cavs have been around since the 70's. Then when you consider LeBron's played for them for nine season. >_>

Charlotte also having 0 is shocking. Is that including before the team movies, or were the Pelicans given their one division title?
All the New Orleans history stayed with the Pelicans, but all the Charlotte Hornets history pre-New Orleans went back to the current Charlotte Hornets.

All the New Orleans history stayed with the Pelicans, but all the Charlotte Hornets history pre-New Orleans went back to the current Charlotte Hornets.

Wow, poor Charlotte. Even our teams man, so few division titles :(

All I want is just ONE NBA championship, thx

UncleMeat

Is there a worse offensive SG than Andre Roberson in the last 30 years? Someone that actually plays at least 20 minutes a game like Robes. I can't think of any. It's kind of incredible to watch at times.

Los Angeles Lakers 23
Boston Celtics 21
San Antonio Spurs 21

I like the lead that those three have on everyone else, and outside of the Spurs, most of that happened at least two decades ago. The NBA is the absolute worst when it comes to "every team matters." Because outside of a year like this, where LA is terrible and Boston is just OK, we all know that there are some cities that aren't hosting a Larry O'Brien Trophy celebration party in our lifetimes. Or not more than one, anyway. On a completely unrelated note, there's a reason every single team in the league has the "Beat L.A." chant ready to unleash at a moment's notice. Boston and L.A. can fuck right off when it comes to NBA championships; y'all could not win one for another 50 years and probably still be 1 and 2 in the count.

Didnt notice last night but apparently Leonard didnt score in the 4th. I mostly saw KD guarding him which is impressive. Honestly, I think Leonard and KD and LMA would make a monstrous team. I didnt realize Leonard can slide down to the 2 spot since hes only 6'7"

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Didnt notice last night but apparently Leonard didnt score in the 4th. I mostly saw KD guarding him which is impressive. Honestly, I think Leonard and KD and LMA would make a monstrous team. I didnt realize Leonard can slide down to the 2 spot since hes only 6'7"
Well no kidding! Almost as deadly as Steph, KD, Draymond, and Klay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom