• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisco

Banned
As someone who didn't watch much of the regular season, how is Lebron, Love, and Irving not a great team? Are players 4-10 that shitty, do they not mesh well together, bad coaching? How?

I just saw this:

@DKurtenbach said:
Shocking stat: LeBron was only assisted by Kyrie Irving 44 times this year. Kevin Love assisted LBJ 33 percent more than the Cavs’ star PG…

Disregard the second part because it's wrong and Love played more games but still, how did Kyrie only assist LeBron 44 times? That's less than 1 a game.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
As someone who didn't watch much of the regular season, how is Lebron, Love, and Irving not a great team? Are players 4-10 that shitty, do they not mesh well together, bad coaching? How?

They are the #1 seed and won 57 games? Detroit isn't going to shoot 60+% the whole game.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Cavs go from a 1 seed to out of the playoffs depending on whether or not Lebron is in the game, it's so bad.

Ronin Ray

Love and Irving are terrible on defense especially love. James can dominate the ball which hurts Irving's game . The coaching has never really found a good way to get love into the offense.

El Topo

Love and Irving are terrible on defense especially love. James can dominate the ball which hurts Irving's game . The coaching has never really found a good way to get love into the offense.

It feels a bit like the team, or at least some, don't want Love.

phanphare

Banned
I used to think Love was the problem but this season I feel like it's kyrie. all flash no substance. he requires the ball in his hands too much for him and the rest of his team to be fully effective. I feel like his stats make him look better than he is.

dream

I've been saying for the past 5 years that All Star Kevin Love is the most overrated modern player. Couple his shittiness with the fact that Lebron is going back to Miami and you basically have a team on which JR Smith and Tristan Thompson are your best players.

Nice to know the refs are still letting a Lebron-led team get away with fouls... I hope Golden State or San Antonio destroy them. Would be better if someone from the East could take them out.

ViciousDS

Banned
I used to think Love was the problem but this season I feel like it's kyrie. all flash no substance. he requires the ball in his hands too much for him and the rest of his team to be fully effective. I feel like his stats make him look better than he is.

It's Irving.....love can play off the ball.....irving's whole game is having the ball in his hands. Love can post, sit at the open 3 and rebound when needed. Love also passes often, Irving loves that ISO ball.

Also Delly and Lebron sync better than Lebron and Irving.

Defense.....meh, irving and love aren't both great defensively

It's Kyrie. I think Love would do well with just LeBron. Kyrie is too ball dominant and doesn't want to take an offball role when LeBron is on the floor. It's why Delladova makes the team better when he's on the floor because he plays his role.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Nice to know the refs are still letting a Lebron-led team get away with fouls... I hope Golden State or San Antonio destroy them. Would be better if someone from the East could take them out.

So you're saying GS doesn't get away with anything at all? It's not like Dreymond and Bogut don't set illegal screens to get Curry wide open shots. Nope, that never happens.

Fjordson

Kyrie has been mediocre this year.

This may have changed to end the season, but just like two weeks ago I saw a few media guys on Twitter posting on/off numbers for Cleveland and they were markedly better with Delly at point and Kyrie on the bench. Even the offense took a noticeable step back statistically with Kyrie on the floor.

I also saw someone post the other day that Kyrie has only assisted Lebron 40 times this entire year. Just seems like they don't fit well together.

Really think Cleveland would be a threat if they still had Blatt coaching. (and some amount of buy in, obviously)

Alas for the Cleve

nillah

Banned
Cavs just standing around, the 1v1 play I believe is a result of core players trying to warm ^

Uncle Drew can damn well get it anywhere on the court, inside, outside but where's a pass? Cavs driving the pass into extinction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom