• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambis

Banned
The fix was on for that last possession between Westbrook and Kawhi.

Kawhi grabbed him like linebacker and no foul.. meanwhile Adams trips one player into another and gets a foul.
Well if he would've wrapped up like a line backer he probably wouldve got it. Was way too soft.

GS going to luck out again not having to face the Spurs.
They would beat these Spurs I think. SA couldn't score with them. Okc has the better chance, KD usually torches them and WB can actually wear down Steph a bit with his physicality.

phanphare

Banned
a little sad it looks like we'll be denied the spurs/gs match up but the spurs look stagnant on offense recently. I think okc will end up being a better match up for a competitive series with gs.

GS going to luck out again not having to face the Spurs.

If you can't beat Oklahoma City, you probably can't beat the (healthy) Warriors. I think OKC could give the Warriors a tougher time because of the explosive scoring potential of Westbrook and Durant. But if they are both off, or even if one is off, then they are screwed.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
You guys need to slow down on writing the Spurs off. All they need to do is win tomorrow and then the Thunder become big dogs.

ampere

An OKC team that plays 4th quarter basketball is actually really damn good. They only had so many losses this year because of blown leads in the 4th

GS v OKC could be a really good series

Misterhbk

If GS rebounds well they beat OKC. That's the only advantage OKC has. I think Klay and Dray will be nightmares for them if they're anywhere near as good as they've been.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If GS rebounds well they beat OKC. That's the only advantage OKC has. I think Klay and Dray will be nightmares for them if they're anywhere near as good as they've been.

OKC's best lineup has been with Kanter + Adams on the floor together. Spurs bigs have been completely dominated on the glass, really think Pop should free Boban. Duncan / West / Diaw is giving them absolutely nothing right now on either end of the court.

imo Thunders top 7 match up pretty well and is a bit of a push, but anytime you have Randy Foye/Cameron Payne and Collison against Mo Speights and Shaun Livingston well...

Misterhbk

OKC's best lineup has been with Kanter + Adams on the floor together. Spurs bigs have been completely dominated on the glass, really think Pop should free Boban. Duncan / West / Diaw is giving them absolutely nothing right now on either end of the court.

If they stick with that lineup against GS small ball they'll be run off the court. Green, Barjes and Iggy will either drive right by them or tear them apart from 3. At some point OKC will have to go small, nullifying their best lineup and biggest advantage.

Misterhbk

imo Thunders top 7 match up pretty well and is a bit of a push, but anytime you have Randy Foye/Cameron Payne and Collison against Mo Speights and Shaun Livingston well...

Durant or Westbrook will be on the court at all times. No way they ever play a lineup without at least one of them. In which case you trap whichever one that is at the moment and make Payne beat you from 3.

rambis

Banned
You guys need to slow down on writing the Spurs off. All they need to do is win tomorrow and then the Thunder become big dogs.
Not even two days ago everybody was singing their praises from the highest mountaintops and saying how teams want to avoid playing them. Now we need to play nice and stop writing them off because reasons. Fucking hilarious. Maybe just maybe they are not as good and far ahead of everybody else as you all like to think?

Misterhbk

Not even two days ago everybody was singing their praises from the highest mountaintops and saying how teams want to avoid playing them. Now we need to play nice and stop writing them off because reasons. Fucking hilarious. Maybe just maybe they are not as good and far ahead of everybody else as you all like to think?

I do think it's a little silly to think they can't go to OKC and win a game. The series isn't done yet, and if OKC takes even a toe off the gas the Spurs will win the next game. Outside of games 1 and 3, this has been a close series. If it comes down to that again, the Spurs have a good shot.

rambis

Banned
I do think it's a little silly to think they can't go to OKC and win a game. The series isn't done yet, and if OKC takes even a toe off the gas the Spurs will win the next game. Outside of games 1 and 3, this has been a close series. If it comes down to that again, the Spurs have a good shot.
There's having a good shot and there's being unstoppable demigods. People have been pretending they were the latter this whole while so yeah its incredibly funny to see all the caution and unsureness now.

h1nch

Now that I've had a chance to sober up, in all honesty that was a really great game last night and OKC most definitely deserved to win it.

I just hope the Spurs can bring enough to the table next game. Really need Kawhi to step up in late game situations. The last two games, OKC has gotten the better of him, though I think a lot of that is due to him having to expend so much energy trying to contain KD and Russ.

CiL-yW1UUAATw2T.jpg

Can someone tell me how Steve Nash helped Curry's game out this year? Just curious. He helped Jordan Clarkson.

Fjordson

Bay Area legends / Point Gods.

Nash being a consultant for the Warriors is pretty damn cool. And The Logo being a board member, whew.

Can someone tell me how Steve Nash helped Curry's game out this year? Just curious. He helped Jordan Clarkson improved while working with Nash.
Hard to say. He was brought in as a consultant and would sometimes work with the players at practices, but I don't know how often he was actually there.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
CiL-yW1UUAATw2T.jpg

Can someone tell me how Steve Nash helped Curry's game out this year? Just curious. He helped Jordan Clarkson improved while working with Nash.

They should both be double-fisting statues in that picture. That would be awesome.

TMac weighed in with "today's game is watered down". Old people - stop being old. Scoring is down from mid-90s. Defenses are better now than they were then. And, yes, players still get grabbed and pushed as they drive to the basket. About about :55 you can see the typical grab/hip shove of a player going to the basket. I've seen much harder grabs and pushes not called as well (well, unless you are harden or cp3).

https://youtu.be/adi8uy_lyi8?t=55

Fjordson

They should both be double-fisting statues in that picture. That would be awesome.

TMac weighed in with "today's game is watered down". Old people - stop being old. Scoring is down from mid-90s. Defenses are better now than they were then. And, yes, players still get grabbed and pushed as they drive to the basket. About about :55 you can see the typical grab/hip shove of a player going to the basket. I've seen much harder grabs and pushes not called as well (well, unless you are harden or cp3).

T-Mac is awful on The Jump.

I guess maybe he's mad that guys like MJ and Shaq's year on the Lakers weren't unanimous, and I can see that, but it's more a problem of past voters being stupid (and not having their votes made public like they are now). They were a problem, not the current league.

CiL-yW1UUAATw2T.jpg

Can someone tell me how Steve Nash helped Curry's game out this year? Just curious. He helped Jordan Clarkson.

From what I heard, he helped Curry be a better finisher at the rim. More creative scoring and what not. At least that's what my memory recalls. Heard it from somewhere. Can't remember lol.

rambis

Banned
An OKC team that plays 4th quarter basketball is actually really damn good. They only had so many losses this year because of blown leads in the 4th

GS v OKC could be a really good series
People forget it took Curry with one of the best game winners I've ever seen to win that last matchup. KD has been unfazed by the Warriors mostly.

KazenY2J

old.jpg

What is the point of the nba announcing missed foul calls the day after a game lol

It's the league basically saying "my bad.." which according to urban dictionary.

A way of admitting a mistake, and apologizing for that mistake, without actually apologizing. The best definition I ever read of this, now paraphrased:

"I did something bad, and I recognize that I did something bad, but there is nothing that can be done for it now, and there is technically no reason to apologize for that error, so let's just assume that I won't do it again, get over it, and move on with our lives."

Messi

I felt bad for Dwight having to listen to Chuck and Kenny talk about him having to opt out ect while he is sitting right there. He had said a few times he hadn't made a decision and they should have left it at that. That awkward smile.

phanphare

Banned
I felt bad for Dwight having to listen to Chuck and Kenny talk about him having to opt out ect while he is sitting right there. He had said a few times he hadn't made a decision and they should have left it at that. That awkward smile.

everybody knows what it is though, they wouldn't have been talking about it if it wasn't going to happen

I think Dwight handled himself pretty well. Won me over anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom