• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I mean, when you got to compete against Curry, Westbrook, and CP3 for a spot, it's easy to see how you can get boxed out.
Still insane you can play that well and miss the all star game especially when you were projected to be a lottery team.

Maybe I'm bias but I watched Lillard drop 50 live and the dude is just a fucking machine. Put some Respeck on his name league.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
The ball can suddenly bounce out of bounds on a free throw and still count? Or is that only when the warriors play?

AcridMeat

Banned
Sad no foul was called on Lillard at the end but I guess the refs wanted the half over.
The ball can suddenly bounce out of bounds on a free throw and still count? Or is that only when the warriors play?
"The front, top, sides, and bottom of the backboard are all in play. The ball cannot pass over a rectangular backboard from either direction. The back of a backboard is out of bounds as well as the supporting structures."

Brandson

Was at the Raptors/Heat game. Toronto's 4th quarter offensive plays look even worse in person than on tv. Everybody's just standing around clumped together, with either Lowry or Joseph giving their teammates a WTF face while dribbling beyond the 3pt line, asking them to do something, anything, to help. Toronto needs more offensive plays to cycle through. Everything they do is so predictable unless they're scoring off of turnovers. Really lucky to come away with the win after a near-collapse again.

Biyombo really energized the crowd with his rebounding and putbacks. I was nervous every time Jason Thompson entered the game. Biyombo's defense is so much better. Raptors need to find a way to resign him. Winslow was also impressive in person for the Heat. He is going to be a solid player.

Was at the Raptors/Heat game. Toronto's 4th quarter offensive plays look even worse in person than on tv. Everybody's just standing around clumped together, with either Lowry or Joseph giving their teammates a WTF face while dribbling beyond the 3pt line, asking them to do something, anything, to help. Toronto needs more offensive plays to cycle through. Everything they do is so predictable unless they're scoring off of turnovers. Really lucky to come away with the win after a near-collapse again.

Biyombo really energized the crowd with his rebounding and putbacks. I was nervous every time Jason Thompson entered the game. Biyombo's defense is so much better. Raptors need to find a way to resign him. Winslow was also impressive in person for the Heat. He is going to be a solid player.
Jason Thompson is good for a min contract guy. Goes after it. Gets boards. Does his assignment decently well. He barely got minutes so cant really expect him to be a better overall defender than any of the regular starting cast. He looked way better than Bebe out there.

Brandson

Jason Thompson is good for a min contract guy. Goes after it. Gets boards. Does his assignment decently well. He barely got minutes so cant really expect him to be a better overall defender than any of the regular starting cast. He looked way better than Bebe out there.

I agree, he played way better than Bebe, but he was still often way out of position, leading to easy drives for Miami. He can at least get himself in the right place on defense. He needs to work on that. For min contract, he's great.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Gsw looks like a rec league team. Go to the Chinese league, Curry. Might be able to score 8 points in a half there.

I agree, he played way better than Bebe, but he was still often way out of position, leading to easy drives for Miami. He can at least get himself in the right place on defense. He needs to work on that. For min contract, he's great.

Yeah, mainly for JT I just think its a mix of late season acquisition and lack of playing time down the stretch. But I'm way more comfortable with him playing than Scola or Bebe. He knows his role, doesn't do too much, doesn't require the ball.

AcridMeat

Banned
These refs are taking the wind out of our sails every time man. Also how was that a shooting foul on Barnes? Even if it was a foul, Aminu gathered and went up. Fucking stupid.

Well, the make up call on the other end is pretty stupid as well.

edit: Thank you Curry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom