• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

statuez

Banned
East is terrible. Cavs would be a top 4 seed without LeBron and would probably cruise through the resulting playoffs. I mean, are people watching the EasternC playoffs? Calling it a dumpster fire is being overly kind.

there is no way a lebron-less cavs team wins 48 games (top 4 seed). and what you're basically implying is that lebron is only worth 9 extra wins for this years cavs team which is absolutely absurd.

this isn't even taking into account the fact that both love and irving are and have been known losers their entire nba career prior to lebron

Dr.Acula

Banned
Keep in mind the Raps and Heat are both decimated by injuries. Lowry has a documented elbow injury, and DeRozan is clearly hiding something serious (possibly that thumb he reaggravated).

And c'mon, the Cavs have Kyrie and Love -they aren't scrubs.

I kinda don't like this matchup for the Warriors right now. OKC is healthy and peaking at the right time whereas GSW keeps getting bitten by the injury bug. Curry isn't 100% and now Bogut and Dray aren't either.

scoobs

I would be absolutely stunned if the Raptors or Heat win 2 games in the ECF. I'd be mildly stunned if they win 1 game.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
there is no way a lebron-less cavs team wins 48 games (top 4 seed). and what you're basically implying is that lebron is only worth 9 extra wins for this years cavs team which is absolutely absurd.

this isn't even taking into account the fact that both love and irving are and have been known losers their entire nba career prior to lebron

They have a far better supporting cast and idea of how they want to play. Love and Irving + the others are worth 48 in the lEast, yes.

Ninjimbo

Ya'know, I'm usually a numbers guy but this is just an eyeball evaluation from watching the playoffs - The East is terrible.
Two of the top three teams have lost 3 key players to injuries. Derozan and Lowry are playing with injuries that would normally keep you sidelined. The Heat lost their All Star caliber big men. Give them a break. These aren't the teams that were supposed to be playing. They're completely broken especially the Heat.

OozingZen

Neo Member
So how many of you picked the Spurs to win this series? I saw on ESPN all of their "experts" picked San Antonio except for Broussard. I picked the Thunder to win, in six games no less, mostly because they're finally healthy for once. Obviously Golden State is a much better team than the Spurs but I'm sticking with the upset.

OKC in 6.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Two of the top three teams have lost 3 key players to injuries. Derozan and Lowry are playing with injuries that would normally keep you sidelined. The Heat lost their All Star caliber big men. Give them a break. These aren't the teams that were supposed to be playing. They're completely broken especially the Heat.

Oh I completely agree with that. I'm just looking at the quality of ball as it is being played now. It was probably an overreach to say that the decimated Griz and Clips would be the #2 seed but they probably wouldn't be near the bottom either. The East as it is right now is just a shitshow.

Eos

So how many of you picked the Spurs to win this series? I saw on ESPN all of their "experts" picked San Antonio except for Broussard. I picked the Thunder to win, in six games no less, mostly because they're finally healthy for once. Obviously Golden State is a much better team than the Spurs but I'm sticking with the upset.

OKC in 6.

i had spurs in 5 or 6. lol.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm crossing my fingers all the experts pick the Thunder. Chip on their shoulder Warriors are the best Warriors.

statuez

Banned
They have a far better supporting cast and idea of how they want to play. Love and Irving + the others are worth 48 in the lEast, yes.

the success of the supporting cast is predicated on lebron and the open looks he gives them lol. channing fyre (yes him) would be doing jack all without bron. even with lebron taking plays off on the defensive end all year he's still by far their best defender. teams would absolutely destroy a lebron-less cavs team on the defensive end.

and for what its worth their regular season record this year without bron was 1-5.

statuez

Banned
I'd take the East's lower four seeds over the West's. People love underrating the quality of play out East for some reason.

i'd have to agree. the bottom four east teams are very underrated. hornets, pacers, pistons and celtics are all very well coached teams. I can see them beating the rockets and grizzlies quite handily, while the blazers and mavs would be tough matchups that can go either way.

Cheebo

Banned
i'd have to agree. the bottom four east teams are very underrated. hornets, pacers, pistons and celtics are all very well coached teams. I can see them beating the rockets and grizzlies quite handily, while the blazers and mavs would be tough matchups that can go either way.
Exactly. Bottom 4 playoff teams in east overall were better than the bottom 4 west. In no universe do the rockets beat any of those 4 teams in a 7 game series.

random25

spurs7.gif

Thanks for the memories guys. It's time for a new Spurs.

End of an era. Gonna miss the Houdini Ginobili.

The Cavs are like 4-13 in games without Lebron since his return. Till mid March their first win this season was against Dallas lol without James.
They aren't a 48 win team without Lebron. No way.

They aren't better than the Wizards or Bulls and they didn't even make it this year. Heck I think the Bucks could take them without Lebron.

random25

Speaking of LeBron, if he wins the ECF this year, it would be his 6th consecutive Finals appearance. He probably played the most games and the most minutes out of all the players in the league in that 6-year span. Crazy endurance.

tookhster

All I know is that this next series is going to make me pull my hair out multiple times. Should be fun though, I'm excited!

KD for some reason always went off in the Oracle arena but that wasn't the case this season. Still, I felt like that mother's day performance (Game 4?) brought back some of his MVP-level confidence.

If we don't win one of the first two games in Oracle, I don't see us winning the series.

WoodWERD

Spurs finally make a huge off-season move, win 67 games, then go out in the 2nd. 'Heartbreaker' as I think that's it for the big 3. Yeah yeah, I'm spoiled :p

Eos

Spurs finally make a huge off-season move, win 67 games, then go out in the 2nd. 'Heartbreaker' as I think that's it for the big 3. Yeah yeah, I'm spoiled :p

I'm blaming this one on Pop and the bench. Pop kept using some WOAT lineups and whenever someone was getting hot, he'd sub them out afterwards. The bench could not produce anything, defensively or offensively.

Fjordson

All I know is that this next series is going to make me pull my hair out multiple times. Should be fun though, I'm excited!

KD for some reason always went off in the Oracle arena but that wasn't the case this season. Still, I felt like that mother's day performance (Game 4?) brought back some of his MVP-level confidence.

If we don't win one of the first two games in Oracle, I don't see us winning the series.
Breh KD had 40, 37, and 32 this year. Dude is like Guts from Berserk when he plays Golden State.

Curry might be Skull Knight tho

The 67 wins is misleading. Spurs had much much better teams. They are just one of those teams who gives no chance to mediocre teams (which the west has a lot recently, contrary to past years).

I wish C Webb was calling the game last night so I could hear him getting progressively salty in the first half. Then slowly come back to life when the Spurs went on their late run.

Fjordson

Yeah, I'm more worried about Draymond. The lineup with him at center will be key this series.

Bogut wasn't that good against OKC this year. May see a lot of Ezeli I think. At least I hope.

Dubs vs OKC, can't wait....dubs in 6, maybe in 5 if Black Falcon decide to finally show up .....i'm be in Cancun next week, gonna need to find a spot to catch the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom