• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Durant is gonna stay for one more year, granted I don't think they can beat the warriors in a 7 game series but beating the spurs like this is crazy.

FTF

This is pretty damn shocking. Pissed the Spurs ruined the amazing finals matchup vs the Warriors we all wanted (yeah yeah not counting you OKC fans). Now prob Warriors in 5 or 6 over OKC.

This was a surprise, I guess I overrated the Spurs and underrated the Thunder. Durant vs. Steph will be monumental tho, I want all shots to be weird ass long 3's from the team logo.

This is pretty damn shocking. Pissed the Spurs ruined the amazing finals matchup vs the Warriors we all wanted (yeah yeah no counting you OKC fans). Now prob Warriors in 5 or 6 over OKC.

It's for the best. OKC is a better matchup right now for GSW (though I don't think they win). SA ran out of gas the Warriors would have washed them.

h1nch

and that series was itself revenge for 2012

This loss fucking hurts. But I still have to respect the competitive rivalry this series has become. OKC got the best of us in 2010, we got them back in 2014 (Ibaka injury helped) and this is obviously their year. Just like in 2010 their athleticism this year overwhelmed us.

I know I've been a salty bitch, but TBH I have so much respect for KD's game. And while Russ does some really dumb shit his raw ability is fucking breathtaking. When he accelerates full speed towards the basket, it legit looks like a video glitch.

OKC vs GSW will be a great series. Best of luck to both teams. Lets have a completely injury-free series and have both teams leave everything on the court.

random25

I'm gonna say GSW in 5. Hope they don't disappoint.

And for who will ever fight the Cavs on the other side of the conference finals, yeah that will be a Cavs sweep unless they try to toy around.

This was a surprise, I guess I overrated the Spurs and underrated the Thunder. Durant vs. Steph will be monumental tho, I want all shots to be weird ass long 3's from the team logo.

If its Cavs-raptors too, oh man, best ECF and WCF in years.

SA and OKC are a couple of classy organizations. Great personnel (aside
from Russ and Manu lol, both can be so .....
), fantastic coaching, and true leaders with TD and KD.

Now let's hope these KD free agent rumours are put to rest.

I'm watching the rest of the playoffs for the playoffs now. Barring a random crazy heat/raptors run to the finals and beyond lol.

Shit, I hope Duncan stays for 1 more year.

Can you imagine Curry going through KD and Lebron's team to win his 2nd ring?

Talk about validation. It will be his league without question if not already.

David West on turning down $11M to join Spurs: 'A very calculated decision'

tshirtguyrage.gif

spyder_ur

I think there's a legitimate chance that we'll lose Kobe, Pierce, Garnett and Duncan retire this offseason. What a HoF class that would be. Those guys defined a generation.

smoothj

Fuck man it hurts. The spurs just couldn't hang with OKC. I love SA but I agree with people gete, the next series will be bananas.

effzee

Big mistake on his part, since there's no way he can get the same offer again after this. Can't blame him for trying to chase some rings though. Just chose the wrong team.

I mean there is no guarantee any team he went to would 100% make it to the finals. If he wanted to go to a contender, Spurs are probably the 2nd best option to choose.

OKC-GS should be fun and I hope it goes the distant but I predict GS in 5.

Is the date set for the West Semi Finals? Game 1 is when? Or is it dependent on the EC wrapping up?

Honestly if you are coming off a big pay day, like you are turning 35+ you should sign 1 year deals and ring chase

Pierce the dummy is in LA for 2 more seasons unless he retires

had he signed a 1 year deal he could have bolted and joined the Celtics again

J2 Cool

You know Westbrook is gonna try to show up curry

Theres no way he wont be driven by that. Hoping he tries to outphysical him the whole series. And want to see some shootout between Durant and Curry. The Adams/Kanter vs Bogut/Dray is also a sneaky good matchup. Warriors just squash them on depth.

random25

I mean there is no guarantee any team he went to would 100% make it to the finals. If he wanted to go to a contender, Spurs are probably the 2nd best option to choose.

It was rumored that the Warriors were also after him. He should've chosen the defending champs if he intends to leave a lot of money for a higher chance at a ring.

Still, with the way Spurs finished the regular season and started the playoffs, I never even expect this to happen to them. Bad luck for him, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom