• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

Its such a shame the eastern conference is such a giant flaming turd. We get series like Blazers/Warriors, Spurs/Thunder, and now Thunder/Warriors in the West, and its just LeBron cruising through to the finals each and every year with no resistance. Why are all the good players in the western conference?

h1nch

Theres no way he wont be driven by that. Hoping he tries to outphysical him the whole series. And want to see some shootout between Durant and Curry. The Adams/Kanter vs Bogut/Dray is also a sneaky good matchup. Warriors just squash them on depth.

My only concern would be if Curry goes into supernova mode and Russ gets frustrated and starts reverting to his bad habits.

I honestly thought it was just talk after game 1, but the dude really adjusted his game and played much better after the game 1 blowout. I was expecting at least 1 more awful Russ performance this series and it never came.

Theres no way he wont be driven by that. Hoping he tries to outphysical him the whole series. And want to see some shootout between Durant and Curry. The Adams/Kanter vs Bogut/Dray is also a sneaky good matchup. Warriors just squash them on depth.
That front court matchup is going to be like a brawl. Can't wait.
Hope so. That only helps the Dubs.

Yup. Dude only shot 38% against them this year. Up from 28% last year against them lol

Raziel

It is without question Duncan was a better player so no because...?

giphy.gif

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Its such a shame the eastern conference is such a giant flaming turd. We get series like Blazers/Warriors, Spurs/Thunder, and now Thunder/Warriors in the West, and its just LeBron cruising through to the finals each and every year with no resistance. Why are all the good players in the western conference?

Yeah. I'm thinking that every single playoff team in the west would be at least the second best team in the east. Yes, that even includes the rockets and injured grizz. Truly the minor leagues...let no one ever bring up the number of Finals appearances LeBron has as evidence of his greatness. I'm pretty sure that the Cavs as currently constituted without LeBron would be odds-on favorites to reach the finals.

Cheebo

Banned

How is it bait? It isnt controversial. I mean who would seriously question it? In terms of career vs. career Duncan was the superior player. Kobe is more of a superstar but no one who objectively followed basketball the past 20 years would say he was objectively a better player.

How is it bait? It isnt controversial. I mean who would seriously question it? In terms of career vs. career Duncan was the superior player. Kobe is more of a superstar but no one who objectively followed basketball the past 20 years would say he was objectively a better player.

Not even close. Duncan was the better player

random25

The Warriors are cruising too currently though. The only reason they somewhat got challenged in the last 2 series is because Curry missed games midway because of injury, but to be fair to the Blazers they really showed up. We'll have to see how GS will fare up against OKC.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
OKC is usually used to having the best player on the court when they play. Not the case when they play the Warriors. That's an important physiological edge IMO.

offtopic

OKC is usually used to having the best player on the court when they play. Not the case when they play the Warriors. That's an important physiological edge IMO.

On a given night, Durant can definitely exceed Curry. But if both teams play their best this is over in 5.

rambis

Banned
Yeah. I'm thinking that every single playoff team in the west would be at least the second best team in the east. Yes, that even includes the rockets and injured grizz. Truly the minor leagues...let no one ever bring up the number of Finals appearances LeBron has as evidence of his greatness. I'm pretty sure that the Cavs as currently constituted without LeBron would be odds-on favorites to reach the finals.
Not sure what you two were smoking this year but 6 out of the top 10 teams were from the East this year. And Detroit was actually a good test for the Cavs.
Lol. You think anybody on OKC believes Steph is better than KD?

Fjordson

Any update on Bogut injury?
Local radio / writers have been totally silent on it. Haven't heard any talk suggesting he'll miss time, but the Warriors are pretty quiet about injuries sometimes so it's tough to say. Definitely not great considering Bogut even without injuries still moves like a guy playing at 80%.

statuez

Banned

Highly doubt that. Cavs are a flaming pile of turd without bron

Local radio / writers have been totally silent on it. Haven't heard any talk suggesting he'll miss time, but the Warriors are pretty quiet about injuries sometimes so it's tough to say. Definitely not great considering Bogut even without injuries still moves like a guy playing at 80%.
Thanks. Hope to hear something over the next few days.

Now that is just insulting to the Raptors. It depends. Because Kyle Lowry seems to be dealing with an elbow injury. I think we could have taken Portland since I don't fear their frontcourt at all, and whatever was left of the Clippers. We would have lost to the Rockets because they can win games on talent alone. And we would have lost to the powerhouses of the West, the Spurs, Okc, and the Warriors in 4 games that is indeed true.

Brinbe

WTF? That's a dumb fucking opinion considering the Raptors beat almost every top team in the West this season (and won the season series against the Cavs) and played the Dubs tough every time we faced them.

Vestal

Unless some magic Juju happens from now till the start of the ECF were whoever emerges gets all of their injured players back I don't see the Cavs losing more than 1 game. Miami healthy(except Bosh) can make it interesting though. Cavs without Lebron would get murdered by either team.

LBJs presence on the floor is too fucking huge in regards to spacing and guarding duties.

Fjordson

To be fair to Lebron, the East got suddenly easier this year because of injuries.

They'd still make the finals imo, but the Raptors with a healthy Jonas and Lowry are a lot better than what they're trotting out now. Same for the Heat with Whiteside and Bosh.

random25

lol no. This season, the East have a better spread of wins from 3 to 8 than the West. Rockets and an injured Grizz would be fighting for the 8th spot at best.

And Cavs without Bron would be bottom 4 in the playoffs at best. And the finals team from the East would be wide open for every team. He's just that important for that team.

statuez

Banned
WTF? That's a dumb fucking opinion considering the Raptors beat almost every top team in the West this season (and won the season series against the Cavs) and played the Dubs tough every time we faced them.

regular season is meaningless. just ask the spurs. or better yet have you looked at what the trash bros (lowry and derozen) have been doing in the playoffs?

lmao the cavs wouldn't even make the playoffs without bron yet alone the finals. thats a huge take if i've ever seen one.

scoobs

The Warriors are cruising too currently though. The only reason they somewhat got challenged in the last 2 series is because Curry missed games midway because of injury, but to be fair to the Blazers they really showed up. We'll have to see how GS will fare up against OKC.

A few things:
  1. The warriors are one of the greatest teams in the history of the NBA so they should be cruising
  2. The warriors were losing by double digits in just about every single game in the Blazers series, it was very competitive
  3. The spurs and thunder are multiplicatively better than the second/third best teams in the east, its not debatable.

My point was I wish there were interesting series to watch in both the East and West. The East is a foregone conclusion before the preseason tips. Its boring, it sucks. Guess who's going to be in the NBA finals for the next 5 years? The Cavaliers. I can see the future, and it still sucks.

Its nothing against LeBron or the Cavs, its just the conference. They have no superstars outside of the Cavs, so nobody else has a shot in hell of competing.

Eos

Congrats to OKC and good luck against the warriors.

Definitely got worried when pop wasn't changing any of the line ups after game 4.

Cheebo

Banned
Ummm WHAT? All 8 east teams were better than the injured grizz and rockets. Did you even watch a single Pistons game this year? The idea that the 15-16 rockets were better than the Pistons let alone the second seed.

offtopic

regular season is meaningless. just ask the spurs. or better yet have you looked at what the trash bros (lowry and derozen) have been doing in the playoffs?

lmao the cavs wouldn't even make the playoffs without bron yet alone the finals. thats a huge take if i've ever seen one.

East is terrible. Cavs would be a top 4 seed without LeBron and would probably cruise through the resulting playoffs. I mean, are people watching the EasternC playoffs? Calling it a dumpster fire is being overly kind.

random25

A few things:
  1. The warriors are one of the greatest teams in the history of the NBA so they should be cruising
  2. The warriors were losing by double digits in just about every single game in the Blazers series, it was very competitive
  3. The spurs and thunder are multiplicatively better than the second/third best teams in the east, its not debatable.

My point was I wish there were interesting series to watch in both the East and West. The East is a foregone conclusion before the preseason tips. Its boring, it sucks. Guess who's going to be in the NBA finals for the next 5 years? The Cavaliers. I can see the future, and it still sucks.

To be fair to the East, the Thunder have drafted 2 players that would become MVP caliber later on. Almost 3 with Harden. No team can easily get lucky like that. And the Spurs have been an outstanding organization for so long. The other series outside of those teams in the West were never really that interesting too. The East even have the best 1st round series with 2 brackets going in 7 games, the Cavs and Pistons series being close despite the sweep, and a 6-game series between the Celtics and Hawks. The Cavs will be the favorites for the finals as long as LeBron is there because of LeBron. And you can say the same in the West with the Warriors clearly favorites for years as long as Curry is healthy and shooting like crazy.

Cheebo

Banned
East is terrible. Cavs would be a top 4 seed without LeBron and would probably cruise through the resulting playoffs. I mean, are people watching the EasternC playoffs? Calling it a dumpster fire is being overly kind.

Explain to me using actual facts how this years Rockets are better than the Pistons, let alone the Toronto Raptors.

You said the 15-16 Rockets are better than the 15-16 Raptors and Heat. Back. That. Up.

Whats your proof? Wins? Player performances statistics? There are literally no stats to back up your absurd claim. This is a numbers based game, show me your numbers to back up this nonsense.

giphy.gif

scoobs

To be fair to the East, the Thunder have drafted 2 players that would become MVP caliber later on. Almost 3 with Harden. No team can easily get lucky like that. And the Spurs have been an outstanding organization for so long. The other series outside of those teams in the West were never really that interesting too. The East even have the best 1st round series with 2 brackets going in 7 games, the Cavs and Pistons series being close despite the sweep, and a 6-game series between the Celtics and Hawks. The Cavs will be the favorites for the finals as long as LeBron is there because of LeBron. And you can say the same in the West with the Warriors clearly favorites for years as long as Curry is healthy and shooting like crazy.
I really don't think you can say that. The gap between the Warriors and the Spurs/Thunder is not that big. Kevin Durant, Kawhi, Aldridge, and Westbrook are good at basketball. Yes the Warriors won 73 games, but the Spurs won 67. And the Thunder just beat the Spurs. Its a very competitive conference at the top.

And I'm sorry, but the series in the East have been awful to watch. They might be closer series, but its real bad basketball. This Heat/Raptors series might have given me eyeball cancer.

Vestal

Thats funny considering the Heat and Cavs split the season series..

But hey

s7tHmUS.gif

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Lol. You think anybody on OKC believes Steph is better than KD?
Yup. Although they'd never admit it. When Steph gets into god mode it's undeniable for anyone on the court. It's something special. Yes, even on a higher level than KD at his best and athletes recognize it.

EDIT: obviously impossible to prove so it does little good to debate it but that's my opinion. Steph demoralizes opponents like MJ used to do.

SiDCrAzY

Didn't think I'd be cheering for the Warriors, but I am now. I don't like OKC and that was even before they beat my Spurs.

Would love to see Toronto win it all, but that ain't happening. I hope the Warriors take it all, they are a pretty like-able team as much as I try not to like them ;) . Anybody but OKC, even Cleveland.

random25

I really don't think you can say that. The gap between the Warriors and the Spurs/Thunder is not that big. Kevin Durant, Kawhi, Aldridge, and Westbrook are good at basketball. Yes the Warriors won 73 games, but the Spurs won 67. And the Thunder just beat the Spurs. Its a very competitive conference at the top.

And I'm sorry, but the series in the East have been awful to watch. They might be closer series, but its real bad basketball. This Heat/Raptors series might have given me eyeball cancer.

We just have to wait and see with regards to Warriors/Thunder. If that series goes to 6 to 7 games or if the Thunder advance over the Warriors then I'll agree with you.

The East has always been known to play rougher, more defensive basketball while the West is more on finesse and scoring. Yeah, East basketball can be an eyesore because it's defensive-oriented but it's not so bad. Just a preference.

WoodWERD

Another year, another heartbreak. I should be used to it by now, but fuckin' Spurs. I really don't understand why Pop stayed away from the line-up that started the game for so long. Throwing Kevin Martin out there? I knew it was over at that point. GG OKC.

h1nch

Another year, another heartbreak. I should be used to it by now, but fuckin' Spurs. I really don't understand why Pop stayed away from the line-up that started the game for so long. Throwing Kevin Martin out there? I knew it was over at that point. GG OKC.

I know right? It's been like...two whole years since our last NBA title!

offtopic

Explain to me using actual facts how this years Rockets are better than the Pistons, let alone the Toronto Raptors.

You said the 15-16 Rockets are better than the 15-16 Raptors and Heat. Back. That. Up.

Whats your proof? Wins? Player performances statistics? There are literally no stats to back up your absurd claim. This is a numbers based game, show me your numbers to back up this nonsense.

giphy.gif

Ya'know, I'm usually a numbers guy but this is just an eyeball evaluation from watching the playoffs - The East is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom