• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exokell

Banned
spurs7.gif

Thanks for the memories guys. It's time for a new Spurs.
Young Tony Parker looks like he's about to fuck Brent Barry's ex wife.

Was glancing over the Por vs GS team stats in anticipation of the next series. It's kinda crazy how close the series was even though it was only 5 games. GS shot the ball better of course, but minus game 1 Portland had a lot more rebounds and committed less turnovers. The regular season OKC vs GS games kinda played like that too from what I remember. OKC would play better overall but GS would win out in the 4th quarter with crazy shooting.

I feel like OKC could really wreck GSW on rebounds with Adams, Kanter, and a PG that can get a lot of rebounds. Do you guys see them being more effective at rebounds than Portland was like I do? That could be a huge threat for GSW if KD and Westbrook are scoring. I still don't think OKC wins the series but I actually feel like it's a possibility compared to before.

I still can't believe OKC beat the Spurs like that but I guess I thought Aldridge and Leonard would've been a more consistent threat. I thought for sure it would be GS vs Spurs in the WCF.

Was glancing over the Por vs GS team stats in anticipation of the next series. It's kinda crazy how close the series was even though it was only 5 games. GS shot the ball better of course, but minus game 1 Portland had a lot more rebounds and committed less turnovers. The regular season OKC vs GS games kinda played like that too from what I remember. OKC would play better overall but GS would win out in the 4th quarter with crazy shooting.

I feel like OKC could really wreck GSW on rebounds with Adams, Kanter, and a PG that can get a lot of rebounds. Do you guys see them being more effective at rebounds than Portland was like I do? That could be a huge threat for GSW if KD and Westbrook are scoring. I still don't think OKC wins the series but I actually feel like it's a possibility compared to before.

I still can't believe OKC beat the Spurs like that but I guess I thought Aldridge and Leonard would've been a more consistent threat. I thought for sure it would be GS vs Spurs in the WCF.
It will depend a lot on how viable are those lineups defensively against the small ball GSW. If they are, the talent it's there for a highly competitive series.

Can Kanter and Adams defend the perimeter vs the small ball death squad? If not, does OKC have a lineup that can without sacrificing interior defense?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Can Kanter and Adams defend the perimeter vs the small ball death squad? If not, does OKC have a lineup that can without sacrificing interior defense?
Adams and Kanter can't keep a healthy Draymond in front of them. I'm certain of that. His speed is unreal for his size.

Fjordson

Yeah, a little worried about the rebounding. If Donovan can somehow make Kanter and Adams work on defense against the Draymond at center lineups then that'll change things quite a bit.

I think Ezeli being healthy will help GS a decent amount, though. He didn't play at all against OKC this year and matches up physically with any of OKC's bigs (something Bogut can't quite do).

And Aldridge stopped working against OKC because it was just a lot of iso postups I think. Like Kanter isn't a good defender overall, but the one thing he can do is bang with another big. What he may lack in pick & roll coverage or speed on the perimeter doesn't change the fact that he's 7 feet and fairly bulky. Aldridge just kept trying to back him down. When the Spurs finally went to pick & roll involving Kanter in the last two games they got almost any shot they wanted, which is where I think GS will take advantage of Kanter since they don't run a lot of post ups to score.

Nafai1123

Banned
I'm saying Warriors in 5 just like the Blazers series with OKC taking game 3. All the games will be close but the Warriors ability to close out games will get them the wins more often than not.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Yeah, a little worried about the rebounding. If Donovan can somehow make Kanter and Adams work on defense against the Draymond at center lineups then that'll change things quite a bit.

I think Ezeli being healthy will help GS a decent amount, though. He didn't play at all against OKC this year and matches up physically with any of OKC's bigs (something Bogut can't quite do).

Yeah, it was interesting how Portland got dominated so bad in game 1 especially in rebounds but they were able to come back game 2 and keep up in rebounds. I guess rather than trying to out small-ball you can just make damn sure you get rebounds. Portland has a lot more depth in terms of scorers than OKC but then OKC should be dominant on rebounding right from the start of this series.

I think you're right about Ezeli. I think Bogut has been playin pretty lazy. He racked up like 3 fouls in 2 minutes in one game. Like, he's a lot more effective than he realizes or something.

It might just end up looking similar to the Por vs GSW series in the end but could be even closer.

Fjordson

I don't get why Kerr plays Verajao at all. Those minutes should be going to Ezeli
Makes no sense. Every meaningful minute at center should go to Bogut, Draymond or Ezeli and that's it. Occasionally Speights if it's the right match up.

me and my coworker were saying the same thing, why Verajao not getting any burn ....maybe he our secret weapon during finals?
Wait no, what. If Varejao's a secret weapon it's gonna be for the team the Warriors are playing.

I rather have Verajao get min. then Mo Speights...Mo defense (if he has any) scares me in a bad way ....

Mo's played better defense than Verajao has this year. He's been surpisingly decent in the second half of the season. Verajao meanwhile just seems out of position all the time (probably because he's unfamiliar with how the defense works). Granted neither are great at defense.

Mo's played better defense than Verajao has this year. He's been surpisingly decent in the second half of the season. Verajao meanwhile just seems out of position all the time (probably because he's unfamiliar with how the defense works). Granted neither are great at defense.

hell naw, dude defense is trying to get a charge ...his goofy looking !@#! don't even hustle ....give verajao some burn...dude not scare to do dirty work ...

Bread

Banned
hell naw, dude defense is trying to get a charge ...his goofy looking !@#! don't even hustle ....give verajao some burn...dude not scare to do dirty work ...
Defense isn't trying to get a charge...

Defense is trying to stay in front of your man, he can't do either.

Dthomp

Good lord this game is ugly and terrible. Has there been any point of this series that has been enjoyable to watch at this point?

Misterhbk

These teams are hot garbage. It's brick city out there. Neither of them will be able to keep up with the offensive onslaught the Cavs put on them.

Both Series that the Raptors have played have been dirty, grinding close Basketball.

I can see why people don't like it. But this is my kind of Playoff Basketball

xHiryu

Im hoping for an OKC upset against the Warriors
not likely T_T

The East needs to become more competitive cause as much as i fuck with LeBrawn, we need another team repping the east

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom