• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finally Did it. We did something the Vince Carter era Raptors couldn't. :)

This is one of the best Raptors Teams

Hey CLEVEGAF. What's up? King James vs The Trash Brothers. Should be a fun contest.

Sorry for Spoiling your Reunion Party with Lebron HeatGAF, always next playoffs.

shira

salty.gif
salty.gif

We finally Did it. We did something the Vince Carter era Raptors couldn't. :)

This is one of the best Raptors Teams

Hey CLEVEGAF. What's up? King James vs The Trash Brothers. Should be a fun contest.

Sorry for Spoiling your Reunion Party with Lebron HeatGAF, always next playoffs.

Cavs GAF vs Awesome Cat avatar GAF.

Mad respect for your team. Grats on your most successful season to date <3

#WeTheNorth !

20 years of watching raptors basketball, growing up with Damon Stoudamire at the Skydome, Vince Carter era vs Iverson last shot, the down Babcock era, and finally, FINALLY, they DID IT!

Amazing LOUD fans! GO RAPTORS!

Cake Boss

Banned
I was obviously talking to you. Though to be fair since you decided to bandwagon and join the thread as the Raptors were about to clinch, you probably missed all of the bitching about the refs.

No complaints from me either,

The refs didn't have anything to do with the Raptors catching fire in the second half.

Yeah with inviting and amazing characters like you in here, how could have I ever missed this thread lol.

Anyways enjoy yourself and don't get down on yourself too much.

After Bosh went down, I didn't expect this team to make it this far, but I still would have loved to seen us in the ECF. Congrats to Toronto.

Probably fair to say Toronto fans would've loved to have faced bosh.

Even before the anthem thing, nobody here liked wade (annoying like an LA clipper lol), so this was a satisfying win nevertheless.

Miami well coached and scrappy team. Hassan and JV would've made for an even better series.

As someone who doesn't care for basketball can someone explain why the Cavs beating the Raptors is a forgone conclusion?

Raptors only won 1 fewer game than the Cavs this season.

Raptors have a 32-17 record against teams above .500 while the Cavs were 27-21 against teams above .500

Also the fact that the Raptors already beat the Cavs multiple times this season.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
If I were the raptors, I would just let Lebron score all he wants and stay on the shooters. It's the only t hing that works against a Lebron team.

I'd rather Lebron scores 40-50 than the rest of the team shooting 20 threes,

As someone who doesn't care for basketball can someone explain why the Cavs beating the Raptors is a forgone conclusion?

Raptors have a 32-17 record against teams above .500 while the Cavs were 27-21 against teams above .500

Also the fact that the Raptors already beat the Cavs multiple times this season.

Just compare how both teams looked in the playoffs.

Finally Raptors fans can move on from Vince Carter.

If I were the raptors, I would just let Lebron score all he wants and stay on the shooters. It's the only t hing that works against a Lebron team.

I'd rather Lebron scores 40-50 than the rest of the team shooting 20 threes,

With a healthy Kyrie, he can score one on one the same way, it's not the 07 Cavs here

Dynomutt

Great question who knows. The grit and grind of the playoffs maybe. Regular season is in the past and not always the best way to gauge performance. Also more breaks in the season and less time to focus on one team since schedule changes.

Maybe 2 back to back 7 game series. Not much rest and they have to travel. Cavs are shooting lights out and are most importantly healthy.

Who knows like Clef' said anything can happen.

Essentially cavs on paper are a very hyped up team. Injuries, a coaching change, and media distractions (perceived and real) hurt them earlier in the season. They are better than their record suggests, playing particularly well lately.

The cavs also got to the final last year missing their second and third best players (who are now healthy this year)

as someone who somehow watched every single cavs game this year (aside from the second half of a certain game in january): cleveland is absurdly well rested, kyrie's finally back at 100%, & its effort level + team chemistry are massively improved since about two months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom