• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heat finally ran out of gas like I expected. For what it's worth, given all the stuff they had face with Bosh going down Past All Star Break, Deng playing hobbled, Whiteside being out for the second half of this series, they did well for themselves. Hate that the last game ended so anti-climatically, but not much you can do about it there.

Glad J.Rich and Winslow got all this playoff experience under their belt and Wade reminded everyone what a dominant SG he can be.

Good series Heat-GAF. Don Riley will bring a top free agent soon. Can you guys take DeRozan?

Doubtful. I'd imagine the top priority is probably to lock down Whiteside at a reasonable amount. Dude showed during this playoff run that he is still very green, some I'm relunctant to say he is fully deserving of the max, even though there likely are other teams that would throw the money at him.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
With a healthy Kyrie, he can score one on one the same way, it's not the 07 Cavs here

fine let him do that as well. I'm talking about double teaming and leaving wide open shooters. Let them go one on one all game. You basically want guys like Love, and Smith to become non factors.

Anth0ny

I literally can't believe we've made it to the east finals. holy fucking shit.

so here's what I'm thinking:

1. Curry goes down in game one and is out for the series. It's still a hard fought series, but Westbrook catches fire and OKC moves on to the finals.

2. Lebron falls violently ill with food poisoning and is out game one. Cavs are rusty and Raps are still running off adrenaline because of this huge win. Raps win. Lowry and Derozan continue their awesome play, and Jonas comes back in game 2. Raps win in 6.

3. OKC vs. Raptors finals. Westbrook transforms into Westbrick and can't buy a shot to save his life, but continues to shoot 30 shots a game anyways. Raps win the championship in 5.

Kusagari

Everyone knows Bron led teams don't try in the regular season.

He's coasting on the Cavs just like he did most of the time with the Heat in the regular season.

Entirely different animal in the postseason.

1. Curry goes down in game one and is out for the series. It's still a hard fought series, but Westbrook catches fire and OKC moves on to the finals.

2. Lebron falls violently ill with food poisoning and is out game one. Cavs are rusty and Raps are still running off adrenaline because of this huge win. Raps win. Lowry and Derozan continue their awesome play, and Jonas comes back in game 2. Raps win in 6.

3. OKC vs. Raptors finals. Westbrook transforms into Westbrick and can't buy a shot to save his life, but continues to shoot 30 shots a game anyways. Raps win the championship in 5.

plot twist: only #1 happens, Cleveland proceeds to go 16-0

200_s.gif

I only think it'll go 6 games because I'm optimistic and there's got to be a game where both Lowry and Derozan decide to play career games.

But we all know it'll be a sweep.

What? SuperSonic provided you with facts and statistics, and that's your answer?

You're salty as shit breh sit down

Salty? How? Stop throwing that term around. Raptors looked like shit many times during these playoffs and the Cavs didnt. And when do regular season stats mean anything during the payoffs?

To all Raptors fans:

I'm a Raptors fan too.

The Raptors are going to get trounced by Cleveland.

If you are a Raptors fan, you know this, and you know it well. We may win one game. We might even win two, but we are going to lose in the ECF.

Celebrate the fact we even made it to ECF. That is a major achievement and milestone for this franchise.

Anything we do from here on out is a positive and great thing on top of what was already achieved. No more, no less.

Also enjoy LMA's tears that he doesn't make the ECF with SA while Raptors do ;)
Can't believe the Raptors get a top 10 pick this year as well. Thank you Knicks.
Yep.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So happy, been following the Raps since day one. Good series Miami!

Talon

As someone who doesn't care for basketball can someone explain why the Cavs beating the Raptors is a forgone conclusion?

Raptors only won 1 fewer game than the Cavs this season.

Raptors have a 32-17 record against teams above .500 while the Cavs were 27-21 against teams above .500

Also the fact that the Raptors already beat the Cavs multiple times this season.
Canada

This is like a game of thrones plot where Jon Snow becomes a circus performer in the south and the dragons transform into house cats.

But I do love your positivity #WeTheNorth brother!

To all Raptors fans:

I'm a Raptors fan too.

If you are a Raptors fan, you know this, and you know it well. We may win one game. We might even win two, but we are going to lose in the ECF.

Celebrate the fact we even made it to ECF. That is a major achievement and milestone for this franchise.

Anything we do from here on out is a positive and great thing on top of what was already achieved. No more, no less.

Yep.

Been saying this as well. IMO, if we get swept it will take away from what we did. Especially if the Cavs embarrass us.

Hopefully we can at least compete, prevent a sweep and give Kevin Love his first playoff defeat.

To all Raptors fans:

I'm a Raptors fan too.

Yep.

Best part, aside from seeing wade, cp3, and flopping Spurs out.

Kusagari

He lost to a shitty Orlando team in 2009 and is 2-4 in the finals.

He coasts with his super teams(in the Heat and now with the Cavs) because he knows he can stomp the shitty East in the playoffs because of how bad the conference is.

That has nothing to do with helping him beat teams that have actual competition all year.

He lost to a shitty Orlando team in 2009 and is 2-4 in the finals.

almost lost to a shitty Celtics team during the lockout season too
also took the Celtics having the worst game in ages to force a game 7, check the stats, Celtics played worse even though LeBron had 45 points, again, let LeBron score a shit load and you can still win

lol 1-14 from 3 that game, Pierce, KG, Ray were garbage that game

Pakkidis

75% chance the Cavs win.
25% chance the raptors win.

Lowry, Biyambo, patterson were all in beast mode. Nothing you can do about that.
Corey Joseph is awful, just awful.

Wade is made of glass because putting a finger on him results in a foul.

fine let him do that as well. I'm talking about double teaming and leaving wide open shooters. Let them go one on one all game. You basically want guys like Love, and Smith to become non factors.

I agree overall with what you're saying, but Kyrie has been lethal all post-season. I'm sure we'll see Bron have to step up with the scoring. Love looking great early in the post too if he needs to work down there, so I feel good about that too.

75% chance the Cavs win.
25% chance the raptors win.

Lowry, Biyambo, patterson were all in beast mode. Nothing you can do about that.
Corey Joseph is awful, just awful.

Wade is made of glass because putting a finger on him results in a foul.

Just for this game, StarPhoenix your boy did disappoint in a big game.

Fjordson

I think the Raptors could win a game or two next round if this is the Kyle Lowry they'll get. Biyombo has also been really good filling in Valanciunas.

Been saying this as well. IMO, if we get swept it will take away from what we did. Especially if the Cavs embarrass us.

Hopefully we can at least compete, prevent a sweep and give Kevin Love his first playoff defeat.

As long as we compete it's all good. Better team will win.

As 2nd seed we are expected to make ECF and we did that, all gold from here on out.

If we get lucky, we get lucky. Maybe ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom