• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Dame can get similarly hot from 3 and has pretty good handles, but Curry is still a different beast. Like their shot selection looks similar sometimes, yet Curry shoots 8% better from deep and 15% higher in the paint. It's not even close tbh.

Curry has also torched Westbrook in the past so I think Roberson will spend a decent amount of time on him.

edit: this is assuming Curry's knee is healthy and he can drive more explosively than he did against Portland. OKC sells out at the 3 line a ton against Curry and even puts Durant on Draymond so that he can contest with his length when OKC switches the P&R. Didn't work because Curry is too good off the dribble and could get past Durant, but if he's not able to do that because of the knee sprain then this could be a tough series.

rambis

Banned
Curry is more crafty around the rim but Dame finishes stronger. Its honestly a good comparison. Steph obviously being the better player that produces more. I would be more worried for Curry as the series goes deeper.

WB can be an intimidating defender if he's motivated. His size and aggressiveness can wear anybody down and curry isn't that big. And he actually isnt far off the mark, Dame can boogey behind the line just like Curry.

BIL-DAME-CURRY.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoIGONGeFDI
I never knew this even happened.

Tom Penny

Curry is more crafty around the rim but Dame finishes stronger. Its honestly a good comparison. Steph obviously being the better player that produces more. I would be more worried for Curry as the series goes deeper.

Curry lead the league in FG % in the paint. Better than guys like D'eandre Jordan who basically only dunk...all that matters is the ball goes in.

Fjordson

Yes, but on a bad knee and possibly bad ankle versus a hungry WB?
This is a concern for sure. And even if he gets the switches, he's going to have to be able to drive past them sometimes for easier buckets. His penetration versus Portland wasn't quite as forceful as it usually is, even in the second game back.

Tom Penny

Yes, but on a bad knee and possibly bad ankle versus a hungry WB? He's not guarded by him every game.

Westbrook is not a great defensive player. He's a gambler like Rondo. If Curry is healthy I don't foresee problems with him getting his shots nor do I see Westbrook having that many problems with Curry guarding him.

If you look back 2 weeks in this thread people were predicting whoever came out of the Raptors/Pacer series was getting decimated by Miami. People were also saying after the Spurs blowout win that the Suprs/Warriors series would be the real Finals.

Personally see zero reason to assume Cavs blowout Toronto for 4 straight games. Not based off of the evidence presented so far anyway. I still have the Cavs winning this but I dunno if I really see JR Smith and company raining down 3s at the rate of last series and that is mainly how they destroyed Atlanta.

Why you hatin. Thought we were cool smh

I'm not hating!

Nothing wrong with the Warriors, but OKC has been such an admirable team with an impressive fan base (though the Warriors fans are the same way) and I love Durant. Wouldn't mind seeing them get a ring, since they're so close this time.

Then again, I don't see them falling off anytime soon, so next year might be better for them, honestly. Spurs I suspect may finally fall off a bit (though they will probably still make the playoffs, the team is just too well ran), so OKC and The Warriors I suspect may be the teams to beat in the West.

rambis

Banned
Westbrook is not a great defensive player. He's a gambler like Rondo. If Curry is healthy I don't foresee problems with him getting his shots nor do I see Westbrook having that many problems with Curry guarding him.
Russ can be good to great on D. Especially shutting down smaller guards with his physicality which might be a problem for a limping Curry. Again if his mind is into to it can be a problem.

Fjordson

I'm not hating!

Nothing wrong with the Warriors, but OKC has been such an admirable team with an impressive fan base (though the Warriors fans are the same way) and I love Durant. Wouldn't mind seeing them get a ring, since they're so close this time.

Then again, I don't see them falling off anytime soon, so next year might be better for them, honestly. Spurs I suspect may finally fall off a bit (though they will probably still make the playoffs, the team is just too well ran), so OKC and The Warriors I suspect may be the teams to beat in the West.
I'm just playin'.

If I wasn't a Warriors fan I wouldn't mind seeing Durant get a ring either. Dude is great.

I'm just playin'.

If I wasn't a Warriors fan I wouldn't mind seeing Durant get a ring either. Dude is great.

It's his personality that solidifies his likability for me. You never ever hear anything bad about him, and every kind thing he says sounds genuine. I hope he at least gets one ring, and not when he's at the twilight of his career, either.

I'm cheering for them in the lottery.

To get fourth place, right?

I'm just screwing around. You're a Kings fan, right? Understandably, the Kings hate the Lakers, considering how fierce the rivalry is still up North.

I don't expect Kings fans to cheer for the Lakers in the lottery.....well, except to get the fourth pick or lower.

I want OKC to win but have no legitimate investment other than I want to watch good games. I have problems with bandwagon GS fans in my area. Some of them I may call friends but they are still annoying bandwagoners. Went through the same shit with Lakers fans in the 2000s.

Tubobutts

To get fourth place, right?

I'm just screwing around. You're a Kings fan, right? Understandably, the Kings hate the Lakers, considering how fierce the rivalry is still up North.

I don't expect Kings fans to cheer for the Lakers in the lottery.....well, except to get the fourth pick or lower.
What no. I'm a Lakers fan dude.
Check this out: Fuck the Kings forever.

Maybe what I said was worded badly. I'm cheering for the Warriors because they are from California and AREN'T the Kings. Because fuck the Kings. I'll like the Clippers more than the Kings.

Maybe what I said was worded badly. I'm cheering for the Warriors because they are from California and AREN'T the Kings. Because fuck the Kings. I'll like the Clippers more than the Kings.

Oh wow, fuck my ADHD, or something. Never mind, it's sometimes hard to keep tabs of every poster's team.

Regardless, I agree with you. Fuck the Sacramento Kings. Yeah, I'm not really a Warriors fan (I love Curry, but outside of the team I don't really care about them), but I hate the Kings more than any other team besides the Spurs and the Celtics.

Oddly enough, I don't mind the Clippers, never really did. I dislike the Clippers bandwagon fans, but the team's attitude is actually admirable, considering how nobody ever gives them credit and pulls double standard shit on their so called "arrogance"; really, they aren't the only teams with a chip on their shoulder.

Fjordson

Kerr says Bogut has made good progress and should be good going forward. Awesome!

Also said you could see Andy. Wait, no! Goddamnit.

Plus they have the Michael Thompson connection, and the Jerry West connection our new head coach etc......

From what I learned from the new Lowe podcast with Doc. Doc just refuses to accept change. He honestly believes his core can win a title, even without a bench.

These coach/GM hybrid jobs need to stop and yes even Lebron.

Final four teams in the NBA conference finals.
Raptors: Masai Ujiri
GSW: Bob Myers
OKC Thunder: Sam Presti
Cavs: David Griffin/Lebron James. *$108 million dollar team payroll

These guys are top GMs. Masai Ujiri has destroyed the Knicks with the Melo and Bargnani trade.

From what I learned from the new Lowe podcast with Doc. Doc just refuses to accept change. He honestly believes his core can win a title, even without a bench.

These coach/GM hybrid jobs need to stop and yes even Lebron.

Final four teams in the NBA conference finals.
Raptors: Masai Ujiri
GSW: Bob Myers
OKC Thunder: Sam Presti
Cavs: David Griffin/Lebron James. *$108 million dollar team payroll

These guys are top GMs. Masai Ujiri has destroyed the Knicks with the Melo and Bargnani trade.

Which is so strange to me that teams agree to this arrangement. The demands of a coach, just can not allow the same person to be in charge of Gm duties, There are not enough hours in a day.

PBY

Banned
Which is so strange to me that teams agree to this arrangement. The demands of a coach, just can not allow the same person to be in charge of Gm duties, There are not enough hours in a day.

Its also not just a time thing - there are real conflicts. A coach and GM have different incentives and often different goals, which compete at each other and can lead to short-sighted decision making.

Its also not just a time thing - there are real conflicts. A coach and GM have different incentives and often different goals, which compete at each other and can lead to short-sighted decision making.

Like bring in your son as a back up point guard?

Fjordson

I hope Steph, Dreymond, and Bogut look like themselves out there.
I'm a little worried about Steph and Draymond. Steph said his knee hasn't gotten worse but hasn't necessarily gotten better. And OKC is a much better defense than Portland or Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom