• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farsi

Oh man, it would be so funny if the raptors beat the cavs. I wonder if anyone will say "lebron needs more help!" Again lol

If the Raps beat the Cavs then hell has officially frozen over. The Six would probably go insane and break all kinds of records crowd noise wise.

ESPN/ABC/Lebron will all cry to sleep

Wait, the lottery is Tuesday night? The event I've been waiting all fucking season for is happening while I'm on a 15 hour flight? God damn it.

Fjordson

My opinion, Draymond didn't take a bargain cause he was afraid of long term injury, but at the time there was already legitimate concern he was playing better than his real ceiling and would revert to the mean.
Think that was it pretty much. I remember people, even some local writers, wondering if he would be worth the money. Now it looks hilariously good. A top 15 player making no more than $18.5 million. Klay also was great value, his contract tops out at $18.8 million in the last year.

Dubs gonna have to finally pay the rent after next season, though. Curry's next deal will be massive.

statuez

Banned
lets be honest, no one gives two flying fucks about the eastern conference finals except raptor fans. i mean cavs/lebron fans already know that the outcome of the series is a foregone conclusion.

hell, i'm from toronto and give zero fucks about the raptors and am much more interested in the thunder vs warriors series.

lets be honest, no one gives two flying fucks about the eastern conference finals except raptor fans. i mean cavs/lebron fans already know that the outcome of the series is a foregone conclusion.

hell, i'm from toronto and give zero fucks about the raptors and am much more interested in the thunder vs warriors series.

You disgust me.

Lightning

Banned
I can't wait for a healthy Cavs vs the Warriors. The finals last year would have been way better if Kyrie wasn't injured going into the finals and then going down in the first game permanently while Love missed the entire Bulls/Hawks series along with the finals. LeBron not only missed them for the Warriors games but because they missed so many games LeBron had to extend too much energy/effort into getting the Cavs to the finals since he's the only consistent scorer on the team aside from those 2 players. Really want to see if the Warriors can do that again when not only the Cavs other stars available but LeBron wouldn't have had to do too much to get them there so he's more fresh for the finals himself while having other scoring options. Fair fight this time hopefully.

The Thunder better not mess it up. I really want healthy Cavs vs Warriors.

Jesus the amount of disrespek the Raptors are getting here is unreal.

This team 2-1 vs the Cavs this year. They split the season series with the Thunder and Spurs while sweeping the Clippers in two very dominant wins. They were winless vs the Warriors but both games went down to the wire. This team has seen the lowest valleys out of any playoff team this year true but when they play like they're capable of playing they can steal two games off any of the top three teams in the league.

People who think the Cavs are gonna run through the Raptors based on their performance vs the Hawks and the Pistons are fooling themselves. Come on Cleveland fans did you not see the 30 for 30 on Cleveland sports last night? You guys got no right to be this confident.

Now all that said, I think Cleveland is the better team but they are not better than the Raptors to the magnitude that they were better than the Pistons or Hawks. Come on, that's just ridiculous. It's gonna be a way more competitive series than people think that will end in Cavs victory but it'll provide some exciting games.

vern

I bet drake cares.

Lightning

Banned
Jesus the amount of disrespek the Raptors are getting here is unreal.

This team 2-1 vs the Cavs this year. They split the season series with the Thunder and Spurs while sweeping the Clippers in two very dominant wins. They were winless vs the Warriors but both games went down to the wire. This team has seen the lowest valleys out of any playoff team this year true but when they play like they're capable of playing they can steal two games off any of the top three teams in the league.

People who think the Cavs are gonna run through the Raptors based on their performance vs the Hawks and the Pistons are fooling themselves. Come on Cleveland fans did you not see the 30 for 30 on Cleveland sports last night? You guys got no right to be this confident.

Now all that said, I think Cleveland is the better team but they are not better than the Raptors to the magnitude that they were better than the Pistons or Hawks. Come on, that's just ridiculous. It's gonna be a way more competitive series than people think that will end in Cavs victory but it'll provide some exciting games.
It's not only based on regular season though since that doesn't really tell the complete story. The raptors have had to play 14 games in the same time frame the cavs have only played 8 while the raptors also have 3 overtimes in there as well. They have a couple of injuries which wears down the other players in the squad. The sheer numbers of the games is going to catch the Raptors who are doing this for the first time.

It's just very unlikely that the Raptors are going to have the same desperation the cavs will have and the deeper the series goes I just think they will get worn down. It's not that the Raptors are bad it's just the situations are what they are. LeBron, Kyrie and Love have all the pressure on them and you just know that LeBron is going to be very aggressive if he needs to be if the series gets tight.

It's not only based on regular season though since that doesn't really tell the complete story. The raptors have had to play 14 games in the same time frame the cavs have only played 8 while the raptors also have 3 overtimes in there as well. They have a couple of injuries which wears down the other players in the squad. The sheer numbers of the games is going to catch the Raptors who are doing this for the first time.

It's just very unlikely that the Raptors are going to have the same desperation the cavs will have and the deeper the series goes I just think they will get worn down. It's not that the Raptors are bad it's just the situations are what they are. LeBron, Kyrie and Love have all the pressure on them and you just know that LeBron is going to be very aggressive if he needs to be if the series gets tight.

That's fine. I'm just saying that people predicting a sweep are fooling themselves. Will the Cavaliers win? Yeah, I'd say so.

But this Raptor team is the number 2 ranked team in the East and it's a lot closer to the Cavs than they are to the Atlanta Hawks or the Pistons which snuck into the playoffs.

Marz

That's fine. I'm just saying that people predicting a sweep are fooling themselves. Will the Cavaliers win? Yeah, I'd say so.

But this Raptor team is the number 2 ranked team in the East and it's a lot closer to the Cavs than they are to the Atlanta Hawks or the Pistons which snuck into the playoffs.

This Raptors team is ass. Cavs in 4.

CD'S BAR

gsw okc is going to be one hell of a game tonight. or it'll be a blow-out. honestly wouldn't surprise me either way.

meanwhile raptors will be lucky to get one game against cavs.

phanphare

Banned

when the east is all said and done the pistons will have been the most competitive series for the cavs

Joei

when the east is all said and done the pistons will have been the most competitive series for the cavs

Detroit will be a top 4 seed within a year or two with Van Gundy at coach and Drummond. They just need to get another All star caliber player to really contend.

HiResDes

gsw okc is going to be one hell of a game tonight. or it'll be a blow-out. honestly wouldn't surprise me either way.

meanwhile raptors will be lucky to get one game against cavs.

It'll be a good game, or a blow-out, or a something in between that's for sure

Cheebo

Banned
If Raptors win game 1, it will cause some serious salty posts around the internet....
Who would be salty? Unless you are from Cleveland you likely hate the Cavs as far as I can tell. Everyone except the most hardcore Raptors fans are predicting an easy Cavs win not because they like the Cavs.

Detroit will be a top 4 seed within a year or two with Van Gundy at coach and Drummond. They just need to get another All star caliber player to really contend.

Boston & Detroit are the two teams in the east most likely to be contenders in the next few years. They have the most potential of the conference currently.

If the Raptors had been playing as consistently as they played in the regular season I would say they had a real shot. They haven't been consistent in the post season. They're about as Jekyll and Hyde as a team can get.

nillah

Banned

I care man, been suffering from this Cavalier blackout lol. and so I just want to watch some quality basketball.!

Got JR scorching 3 3's by the first half and a 20 rebound game for TT, Cavs winning by 30 first game.

Jag

If the Raptors had been playing as consistently as they played in the regular season I would say they had a real shot. They haven't been consistent in the post season. They're about as Jekyll and Hyde as a team can get.

This is true PLUS the Cavs are firing on all cylinders right now. They heated up at the right time and will blow through the Raptors. Unfortunately for the Cavs, GS is also playing at a historic level which is why I predict Golden State in 6 in the Finals!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I bet drake cares.

htwFqKD.jpg

Anth0ny

game 7 against miami was the beginning of our run to the championship. lowry and derozan are wet, and jonas about to come back and average 25 and 15 against the cavs.

This is true PLUS the Cavs are firing on all cylinders right now. They heated up at the right time and will blow through the Raptors. Unfortunately for the Cavs, GS is also playing at a historic level which is why I predict Golden State in 6 in the Finals!

the rest is gonna hurt the cavs. just like it hurt the spurs in 2013. they swept memphis with the greatest of ease in the west finals while miami had a crazy 7 game series against the pacers. everyone was like "omg spurs are well rested they're gonna fuck up the heat"

naw

this year, the toronto raptors are the 2013 miami heat.

game 7 against miami was the beginning of our run to the championship. lowry and derozan are wet, and jonas about to come back and average 25 and 15 against the cavs.

That's the thing. They can look hungry one game and then look like a hot mess the next. I have never watched a team quite like this before. The lack of consistency from top level team to basement dweller from game-to-game is fascinating.

Misterhbk

WB can be an intimidating defender if he's motivated. His size and aggressiveness can wear anybody down and curry isn't that big. And he actually isnt far off the mark, Dame can boogey behind the line just like Curry.
Dame is a monster. Sometimes. Other times he's completely average. Steph's efficiency combined with his volume is other worldly. Russ should be careful before he awakens a beast he can't control. Steph quietly feeds off that talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom