• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

All the Celtics do is draft combo guards. It fucking blows. They are undersized at all positions and if they aren't it a a fat fucking slob who has a vertical lower than mine..I'm bracing to get screwed in the draft and land the 5-6 pick..

I get your point, but a ton of the best players in the NBA are combo guards. Westbrook, Curry, Lillard, Wade, etc.

I think the Celtics draft pretty well. It comes down to picking the right players.

Tom Penny

combo guards have a lot of use in this league to be fair. hopefully they aren't put in a position where BPA is a combo guard in this draft, though.

Dunn and Heild certainly could be the BPA and they would have to take Dunn at 5-6. He's not really undersized. Then they have a roster a zillion guards who can't get playing time. They need size and skill.

I get your point, but a ton of the best players in the NBA are combo guards. Westbrook, Curry, Lillard, Wade, etc.

I think the Celtics draft pretty well. It comes down to picking the right players.

Those players actually have skill..and Westbrook is an absolute freak athlete among the greatest all time at guard.

Bread

Banned
That pick made no sense to me, especially when it seems like he was projected to go in the second round.
He's got a high ceiling but he needs to refine his shot. Seemed like Ainge was just fascinated with him as a prospect and didn't want to see him blow up on another team. He's show some offensive flashes and is already an elite rebounder for a guard.

Whiteside is going to get one of the biggest raises in NBA history..

Dude has definitely earned it. For all the criticism he gets, he's improved leaps and bounds in almost all of his major shortcomings. From FT shooting to his attitude. Only thing left is for him to be a better passer out of the paint.

nillah

Banned
Not sure what you want when the are rolling out half a d league level roster.

great energy by the spurs

memphis playing their best old man ball, literally every player on the court has to be over age 27. starting to think this "grit and grind" is just a matter of playing sluggish

Frenden

Banned
Nice to see LMA hitting his midrange shots in spite of the pinky. He seems like a player that gets in his own head easily, so I was expecting the worst.

EDIT: And just as I type it, he misses one, heh.

ViciousDS

Banned
if the spurs can't figure out how to make 3's anymore they are not going to get far against anyone in these playoffs.

Also are avatars not loading for anyone else as well on desktop?

edit: da fuq, GIFS load but even wiki images don't lol....wtf is going on

Frenden

Banned
Spurs' offense has been on life support all season. The bench was winning them games pre-ASB, but they've been winning solely on defense ever since.

I have no idea what to expect from them here. I can totally see them losing to Memphis and it scares the shit out of me.

Frenden

Banned
I didn't mean the series--just that they could drop a game. I'm not worried about this series, just about their prospects against the Thunder and, more specifically, the Warriors.

Frenden

Banned
nope i'm way up north in canada lol
but spurs are my favourite team tho

I grew up in Chicago in the '80s and moved to Texas in the '00s. Spurs/Bulls with a side of Raptors here (I loved the old dinosaur logo in high school, haha).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom