• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE 1991

I genuinely think Okafor is being underestimated. I think that kid is special. Let's see. He is still very young.

btw would Philly even wanna pick Ben Simmons? Wouldn't someone like Ingram be better? At least I think so

Sixers FO has mentioned before that they think Simmons could potentially be turned into a PG. If we end up with Simmons Okafor or Noel is 100% going to be traded.

I hope we trade Noel and not Okafor. Okafor is pretty raw in some areas, though.

OK. So, Thunder should have only won by three, then.
I'm not complaining about the no-calls, but that's not how it works. You can't say, "X team lost by Y points, so the final score difference would've been Y-3 had the right call(s) been made." The no-call completely changes how the final seconds play-out. If WB turns it over on a travel, then GSW is down only 3 and able to take potentially the last shot to tie the game and send it to OT. As it happened, OKC keeps possession and GSW have to foul as the final seconds run down.

B.O.O.M

Sixers FO has mentioned before that they think Simmons could potentially be turned into a PG. If we end up with Simmons Okafor or Noel is 100% going to be traded.

I hope we trade Noel and not Okafor. Okafor is pretty raw in some areas, though.

I actually thought you would like Noel over Okafor. Don't you guys need shooting? That's why I thought of Ingram.

Coming to think of..can't think of any good PGs who are free agents this Summer either :S

sigh all I want for christmas is Sabonis Junior..it's fking destiny damn it :( Don't think we have anything we can move to get a pick. The core young talent should kept together for the Blazers imo....

Tom Penny

Okafor is a very very gifted offensive player. He is wise beyond his years on that end. His major issue lies on his inability to play defence and the fact that he's a centre that's incapable of protecting the rim.

There were rumours during the trade deadline that the 76ers and Celtics were close to a trade involving okafor and the Brooklyn pick and other pieces. Also, Noel and Okafor simply can't play together.
all of this is true but the question is how good is a prime Al Jefferson in today's NBA. That is Okafor ceiling to me. It's hard to determine if he will be an empty stat player. If the Celtics get screwed I would trade the pick for him. Rumor is 76ers want Dunn so it could work.

As a Raptors supporter, even I think the whole #WetheOther thing was outrage over nothing. If they posted it before the end of game 7, it makes complete sense.

B.O.O.M

As a Raptors supporter, even I think the whole #WetheOther thing was outrage over nothing. If they posted it before the end of game 7, it makes complete sense.

Probably cuz of the finals week but I missed this whole thing. No idea what it is. Gonna go look it up now must-not-miss-any-nba-drama

ACE 1991

I actually thought you would like Noel over Okafor. Don't you guys need shooting? That's why I thought of Ingram.

Coming to think of..can't think of any good PGs who are free agents this Summer either :S

sigh all I want for christmas is Sabonis Junior..it's fking destiny damn it :( Don't think we have anything we can move to get a pick. The core young talent should kept together for the Blazers imo....

We do need shooting, so why would we keep Noel? However, Okafor is definitely going to be a lot more of a valuable asset to trade. I still think we need to hold on to Okafor for a year and see if Embiid can actually play then go from there. Welcome to Centerdelphia.

B.O.O.M

We do need shooting, so we would we keep Noel? He's an elite rim protector, but a pretty shit shooter. You can find guys like him pretty commonly in a draft, Okafor is bit more special.

No I was thinking keep Noel for the defense. Get Ingram for shooting. Do a trade or draft a PG. Get some vets via free agency.

If the Lakers get the top pick in the draft... system needs to change.

Brace yourself cz that's exactly what's gonna happen. At least the 2nd pick

Jarate

Banned
Philly wont trade one of their bigs until they see Embiid on the court. Embiid told his trainer he's doing 2 on 2's and there's a little bit of hype brewing within the organization about Embiid. Ive already said this a lot, but if Healthy, Embiid is gonna dominate. He has grown 2 inches since his season at Kansas, and the dude is built right now

Ag2paZs.png

But there's a big "if" in the room with Embiid and that's his health. It will also most assuredly take him a while to get ready, he hasn't played a meaningful game of Basketball in 2 years.

Okafor has a lot of haters and a lot of lovers in Philly. There's no denying it, Okafor is the best low post scoring prospect in a very long time. His offensive game showed immediately in his first game, as he was doubled immediately upon entering the league. A lot of of people dislike him due to his lack of defensive ability. I think his defensive inefficiencies are worrrisome, but I think many people dont value his offensive impact on a game enough. Jahlil showed a good passing touch at Duke that he didn't show in the pros, and this could be because he doesn't trust his teammates with the ball (and for good reason) or due to offensive design issues, or maybe he regressed. The Sixers lacked all season a single guy who could shoot the 3 consistently. Isaah Canaan was the only person, and he's a 6'2" shooting guard who is probably worse then Nik Stauskas on defense (somehow)

This is why Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram are so huge for the Sixers, as both fill an immediate hole. Ben Simmons would most likely get pushed at PG, or at least tried there, kind of like the Greek Freak. Brandon Ingram would most likely provide that outside scorer we desperately need. Im generally against Buddy Hield, but if the sixers drop to 3/4 I wouldnt be surprised if they drafted him, although he hasn't done anything to cement his draft status ahead of Jamal Murray.

We also have a brand new regime in charge. I also wouldnt be surprised if we traded picks for players if we fall out from the top 2.

spyder_ur

I personally wouldn't be too pumped about my 7-footer with major foot problems still growing, but that's just me. The Embiid thing is a bummer.

Tonight is going to be crazy. Feels like a ton of teams future is really up in the air tonight. I'm pretty nervous, though if the Celtics get the 4th or 5th pick I'll be able to live with it.

jrmanimal

Mutombo just tweeted congrats to Sixers for winning the lottery, lol...tweet deleted now.

As a Nuggets fan, I'll be happy if we don't drop from the 7th.

jrmanimal

Guy covering the Nuggets at the place said that the actual drawing hasn't happened yet. So...Mutombo is knowing some stuff or just goofed.

shwimpy

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 23m23 minutes ago
K.C. Johnson Retweeted -
Can't speak for him but drawing hasn't occurred yet. 12 reporters will witness it when it does, after 7 PM EST
Mutombo knows nothing.

figured the draft was rigged but the question remains
why would the NBA want Philly to be a good basketball team, they tanked and tanked and tanked and tanked
at least give it to atlanta so people can actually cheer for their team

fuck Philly

Mutumbo is god though
you guys know the Anthony Davis/ Pelicans draft was rigged right, it had to be since they needed a new owner x person to buy the team, what better way then to have the #1 pick and an all star game to entice someone

Cheebo

Banned
I genuinely think Okafor is being underestimated. I think that kid is special. Let's see. He is still very young.

btw would Philly even wanna pick Ben Simmons? Wouldn't someone like Ingram be better? At least I think so

If Sixers get #1 they will go f or Ingram for sure.

Gigglepoo

I hope the league saw Mutombo's tweet and, in an effort to prove they aren't corrupt, rig the draft so Philly gets the fourth pick. It's the only way to prove they're on the up and up!

rambis

Banned
Tired of people complaining about the officiating. GSW lost that game on their own with a terrible second half and atrocious 4th. Bad shots, bad turnovers and a carelessness to winning I haven't really seen from them before. Wondering what was going on with Curry as he seemed really hesitant to take his shots in the second half. That matchup with Kanter where he passed it off to Dray was a big WTF moment.

Not particularly worried though. This seemed more like an anomaly than the norm and there was some promising stuff in the first half. They just need to close out games like they normally do and we should be fine.
The games against okc have all been mostly close. If anything the anomaly is how bad KD was against GS. He averages 36pts on 53% shootong this season in the three games before that one. 27 pts on 58% shooting last year.

If im a golden state fan I'm worried that they sort of withstood every one of those runs that usually breaks other teams. And this time they were able to gut out the win unlike the other times. You can say what you want about OKCs execution but they are hungry and have the talent to take this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom