• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep as much as he may have traveled a fouls should have been called before the travel. Also on the steven Adam comments...

I knew in this day in age that there was going to be a big to do because of what he said. You can tell there was no disrespect or intention on his part. It was just as he said a poor choice of words. Bet he won't be stepping up any time soon for another interview.

I'd like to think it'll blow over quickly. It's obviously a culture clash situation and nothing sinister. The guy comes from a part of the world where 'quick little monkeys' are actually a thing. He also spends his days practicing and bonding with African American and, in Serge Ibaka's case, African players. I think it's pretty obvious there's nothing to see here.

there was also the foul on iggy with the put back that should have resulted in free throws

OK. So, Thunder should have only won by three, then.

refs aren't ever gonna call a perfect game. i honestly don't know if they're any worse now than they have been in the past or if it's just the internet outrage stuff that blows everything up and forces the NBA to apologize for non-calls etc. there were more missed calls in the 4th that haven't been pointed out here. i dont think the league needs to come out and apologize, personally.

Yeah- Durant got mauled on drives multiple times with no calls. He should have been on the line three or four more times during the course of the game than he was. But, whatever. It is what it is. Winners win. Losers complain about officiating. Just the way it goes.

phanphare

Banned
OK. So, Thunder should have only won by three, then.

oh don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming the refs dramatically affected the outcome of the game. warriors played sloppy in the second half.

basically just saying that the refs have been suspect late in games this post season, and that goes for pretty much every series

oh don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming the refs dramatically affected the outcome of the game. warriors played sloppy in the second half.

basically just saying that the refs have been suspect late in games this post season, and that goes for pretty much every series

They're bad. There's no doubt. But it's not just late in games. It's just magnified because of the stakes involved. They're equally bad throughout the whole duration.

It's a tough game to officiate, for sure, but the inconsistency from one trip down the floor to the next can be infuriating.

phanphare

Banned
They're bad. There's no doubt. But it's not just late in games. It's just magnified because of the stakes involved. They're equally bad throughout the whole duration.

It's a tough game to officiate, for sure, but the inconsistency from one trip down the floor to the next can be infuriating.

I'd agree with that. each possession gets magnified late in games.

I think the owners and players should be able to vote on whether to replay travels x fouls in the last minute of a game

Note it'd only be during the last minute and it'd have to cost a time out to do so

But it could work against you too, it'd show that Westbrook traveled but Klay hitting him so he'd get two free throws anyway

Just change it up silver

Fjordson

Yeah, never really interested in discussing the refs tbh. They mess up every game for both teams, it happens.

I'm worried about the Dubs in this series now. I mean there are some correctable mistakes and adjustments for sure, but they may have also seen Durant's worst game of the series already...to get beat in the second half by 19 despite KD missing 9 straight shots or whatever it was is less than ideal. And Steph, whether due to health or fear of re-injury, is not attacking the switches off the dribble like he usually does. It reminds me of that SAS game they lost where Curry was sort of passive when Aldridge kept switching onto him.

There was a play late last night where they were down by 2 in the last few minutes and Curry got Kanter on him after a switch. He took one dribble and then passed it off to Draymond, didn't even try to get past him / go for a step back 3, and the possession ended on a miss without Curry touching the ball again. They need more involved in that situation.

PBY

Banned
Yeah, never really interested in discussing the refs tbh. They mess up every game for both teams, it happens.

I'm worried about the Dubs in this series now. I mean there are some correctable mistakes and adjustments for sure, but they may have also seen Durant's worst game of the series already...to get beat in the second half by 19 despite KD missing 9 straight shots or whatever it was is less than ideal. And Steph, whether due to health or fear of re-injury, is not attacking the switches off the dribble like he usually does. It reminds me of that SAS game they lost where Curry was sort of passive when Aldridge kept switching onto him.

There was a play late last night where they were down by 2 in the last few minutes and Curry got Kanter on him after a switch. He took one dribble and then passed it off to Draymond, didn't even try to get past him / go for a step back 3. They need more from him in that situation.

Dubs just played like dogshit the 2nd half.

They weren't laboring, they just weren't disciplined. Felt like they disrespected OKC tbh.

Fjordson

They weren't laboring, they just weren't disciplined. Felt like they disrespected OKC tbh.
Yeah, to go up 13 at home and then lose a half like that is just really bad man. It was almost as if they felt like they won already.

OKC is legit. They've been flawed in the past and may still be flawed, but if you let up like that they'll take you out.

phanphare

Banned

yeah that's how I felt. gs's sloppy offense helped fuel okc. play more organized on that end and you take care of two birds.

I think the owners and players should be able to vote on whether to replay travels x fouls in the last minute of a game

Note it'd only be during the last minute and it'd have to cost a time out to do so

But it could work against you too, it'd show that Westbrook traveled but Klay hitting him so he'd get two free throws anyway

Just change it up silver

I would be okay with this if you can only do it once.

I'd like to see the Thunder in the Finals as a Cavs fan. I think we would match up better than them, although either team is going to be a tough fight. But also, a Thunder/Cavs Finals would be nice because either way, you would have a team winning that never won before.

Here's hoping we can win tonight. It feels like an eternity since our last game. I hope that doesn't work against us and we come out rusty. It's been a little too smooth so far.

I kind of feel like they've gotten a little to used to 'miracle' shots going in. They simply didn't work hard enough at the offensive end. Tried to take the path of least resistance and got burned by it. Life's gotten a little too comfortable for the Dubs and it showed.

Playing Houston and Portland didn't exactly prepare them for facing a team like OKC the way they're playing, either. GS is going to have to dig deep and work much harder. OKC's not going anywhere. As inconsistent as they were during the regular season, they're not fooling around right now. They didn't even really celebrate on the floor last night after the win. They're all business right now.

Relax, they will tie the series this Wednesday.

and win out the rest.

Nah. It's either OKC in 6 or GSW in 7. OKC just won 4 of 5 against a 67 win Spurs team. They're the best team GS has faced in the playoffs in the Kerr era.

Lexxism

We're not even gonna win against the Cavs, no way, but lol at this poll

https://twitter.com/_scottjohnson/status/732541274499207169/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Hint: there's only 4 teams left in the playoffs lmao :)

Get fucked CBS :)
8NO63AZ.jpg

stolen from toronto gaf

Nafai1123

Banned
Tired of people complaining about the officiating. GSW lost that game on their own with a terrible second half and atrocious 4th. Bad shots, bad turnovers and a carelessness to winning I haven't really seen from them before. Wondering what was going on with Curry as he seemed really hesitant to take his shots in the second half. That matchup with Kanter where he passed it off to Dray was a big WTF moment.

Not particularly worried though. This seemed more like an anomaly than the norm and there was some promising stuff in the first half. They just need to close out games like they normally do and we should be fine.

Fjordson

Saw this on twitter

Before Klay got inadvertent elbow to the head, he was 8-15 FGs, 3-5 3FGs, 19PTS
After: 3-10, 0-3, 6PTS

Wonder if he got concussed. It was a big collision right to the head.

phanphare

Banned
Tired of people complaining about the officiating. GSW lost that game on their own with a terrible second half and atrocious 4th.

not to draw this discussion out but both of these things can coexist. we can complain about the officiating when it's poor and still agree that golden state lost on their own accord.

kaiju

Saw this on twitter

Before Klay got inadvertent elbow to the head, he was 8-15 FGs, 3-5 3FGs, 19PTS
After: 3-10, 0-3, 6PTS

Wonder if he got concussed. It was a big collision right to the head.

Although Klay was saying he was fine, he definitely looked shook up. I can't find the pic but you can definitely tell he took a blow to the head when the camera was close up on him.

Also, all this talk about GSW finally facing a healthy team is nonsense. I'd also say that GSW is probably less healthy than last year's run. Curry isn't 100%, Bogut and Dray have issues, etc.

Healthy or not this is going to be a great series, and whether win or lose I'm going to enjoy watching it.

Warriors have kinda been a bit hobbled all year. Every significant player has missed some time due to injuries at one point or another compared to last season where the only real injuries came late in the playoffs where Curry and Thompson both got concussed.

Just did a draft lottery sim on ESPN and the suns won the draft,
lakers lost their pick and 76ers got 4th and 5th
Celtics got #2
Ainge happy

2nd one
Celtics got #2 again , 76ers get #1 and #4 , Suns get #3
Lakers lose their pick again\

last one
Celtics get #3 , NUGGETS get #1, Pelicans get #2 , 76ers get #4 x #5

Yeah, to go up 13 at home and then lose a half like that is just really bad man. It was almost as if they felt like they won already.

OKC is legit. They've been flawed in the past and may still be flawed, but if you let up like that they'll take you out.

Yeah, GSW dominated the first half and then took their foot off the gas as they have an unfortunate habit of doing. They weren't able to pull a magic trick this time and hopefully this is a wake up call.

B.O.O.M

I wonder if Portland (Olshey) can somehow manage to snag a first rounder. I want Sabonis Junior on the Blazers real bad

First sim of the day. Oh god please oh god

This city deserves some karmic justice for the last three years of misery

13254172_10153456451451951_5688325324225124978_n.jpg

Wait you mean Philly? cz that makes no sense. No one elses fault they tanked like hell

RedAssedApe

Banned
all these simulations having the lakers not landing in top 3 means the lakers are gonna get the #1 :)

btw. is there a consensus #1 right now? i know for awhile it was ben simmons.

Cheebo

Banned
I wonder if Portland (Olshey) can somehow manage to snag a first rounder. I want Sabonis Junior on the Blazers real bad

Wait you mean Philly? cz that makes no sense. No one elses fault they tanked like hell

Maybe he means Minnesota sneaking in there?

ACE 1991

Despite tanking we've had pretty shit lottery luck though.

Cheebo

Banned

You could have picked Porzingis last year, Hinkie would still have a job if he did I suspect.

And in 2014 you guys picked Embiid over Aaron Gordon.

Hinkie and co had a lot of potential great choices in both 14 & 15, they picked poorly. If all they did did was pick who went 4th both years instead of who theu picked at 3rd situation would be so different in perspective.

B.O.O.M

Maybe he means Minnesota sneaking in there?

No way. Minny has such a good young core already, including two #1 picks from previous drafts and the reigning ROTY. They are anything but down on luck these past few years.

But Okafor is good tho? I know he had some drama but the kid is great. Or have I formed the wrong opinion because I haven't watched enough Philly BB?

edit: I give you Embiid injury. If he can make a full recovery and come back however...he will be an absolute beast

Fjordson

No way. Minny has such a good young core already, including two #1 picks from previous drafts and the reigning ROTY. They are anything but down on luck these past few years.

But Okafor is good tho? I know he had some drama but the kid is great. Or have I formed the wrong opinion because I haven't watched enough Philly BB?

edit: I give you Embiid injury. If he can make a full recovery and come back however...he will be an absolute beast
Okafor was good, but Kristaps will probably be better in the end.

Also a bummer to miss out on Towns who will probably be an all-NBA player soon, but that's not their fault.

statuez

Banned
Okafor is a very very gifted offensive player. He is wise beyond his years on that end. His major issue lies on his inability to play defence and the fact that he's a centre that's incapable of protecting the rim.

There were rumours during the trade deadline that the 76ers and Celtics were close to a trade involving okafor and the Brooklyn pick and other pieces. Also, Noel and Okafor simply can't play together.

B.O.O.M

Okafor was good, but Kristaps will probably be better in the end.

Also a bummer to miss out on Towns who will probably be an all-NBA player soon, but that's not their fault.

I genuinely think Okafor is being underestimated. I think that kid is special. Let's see. He is still very young.

btw would Philly even wanna pick Ben Simmons? Wouldn't someone like Ingram be better? At least I think so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom