• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draconian

untitled-16fk30.gif

Are we really gonna act like Thompson shouldn't have been called for a foul here?

UncleMeat

Healthy OKC is probably the best team GS has faced in the last two playoffs. Think I may go to game 3 but I'm worried I'm the bad-luck guy...

^ I love the Kiwi v Aussie big man showdown.

hbkdx12

I couldn't be a judge in a dunk competition. Most of the dunks they're gushing over don't seem that impressive if you already have a good vertical to begin with

Like the dude who jumped over the bike, I'm sure he could do the same exact dunk with the same exact height and intensity without the bike being there. It doesn't seem like the bike is causing him to do anything differently.

Tekniqs

I couldn't be a judge in a dunk competition. Most of the dunks they're gushing over don't seem that impressive if you already have a good vertical to begin with

Like the dude who jumped over the bike, I'm sure he could do the same exact dunk with the same exact height and intensity without the bike being there. It doesn't seem like the bike is causing him to do anything differently.

bikes are maybe 3.5-4ft tall. they might as well get Kevin Hart out there

edit: dude having trouble with this 360 through the legs. he does it so easily in his IG. spotlight was too big

overcast

I'm rooting for a new champ this year, so I'm happy the Thunder won. I doubted them again. Figured they lose this in 5 or so for sure.

Might be a long series. Still think GSW take it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
A traveling violation should have been called on Russell Westbrook on a critical possession in the final minute of Monday's Game 1 of the Western Conference finals, the NBA's senior vice president of replay and referee operations said.

don't really understand the point haha

ampere

OKC has been surprising me so much this off season. They didn't look like a strong playoff team this year, but they're killing it.

LeBron vs Durant again in the finals??

In the East I still expect a Cavs sweep.

Jag

It's only one game, but GS looked like the team that had to fight to win against a crippled Cavs in the Finals. I can't imagine they will play this bad again, but either will KD.

spyder_ur

It's only one game, but GS looked like the team that had to fight to win against a crippled Cavs in the Finals. I can't imagine they will play this bad again, but either will KD.

I actually don't think the Warriors played all that terribly, nor did the Thunder play amazingly (Durant was 10-30) and the Thunder still won on the road. That would be the concerning thing to me if I were a Warriors fan.

Also, all year on this board and elsewhere we've been hearing how much of an improved defender Steph is. That might be true, but now is the test. He got blown by at will yesterday and took some chances defensively that burned his team badly. I realize a bum ankle against a torpedo like Westbrook is a bad combination, but this is one of the things that separates him from peak LeBron and Jordan in my eyes.

I didn't think OKC would be able to keep 2 bigs on the floor, but they managed it yesterday. A ton of credit to Donovan for that Kanter/Adams tweak, it honestly changed the Western playoffs.

Strangely really nervous about the lottery tonight.

Absolutely concerned after last night's game. I said even before the series started that the Thunder were peaking at the right time whereas the Warriors are slowly being grinded down. While I don't think ceding homecourt advantage is a huge loss considering the Warriors are a great road team as well but from a matchups standpoint, the Thunder are healthy at key position whereas Curry/Bogut/Dray aren't 100%.

I'll be curious to see the more in depth breakdowns but from my eyeball test, when Westbrook decided to go nuts in the 3rd quarter, the Warriors seemed try to match with bad quick shots and aggressively dangerous and sloppy passes. This extended into crunch time where the Warriors stopped trusting the offense and took some ridiculous shots off breaks. If there's one thing the Warriors could learn, it's to lean heavier on the offense when the shooting is dry. Also, probably not a good idea to put hobbled Curry on Westbrook...especially if you need Curry's offense to carry.

You know what's even crazier? Lil B's curse of Kevin Durant held and we still lost!!! Now that's some cause for concern right there.

Hey Lil B,
14a04b.jpg

weird how few people are mentioning that and all the hubbub is around the non-call on the travel.

Not to mention the fact that after the non-call and resulting timeout, a couple seconds ran off the clock, Westbrook got fouled and went 1 of 2 from the line. That non-call literally cost the Warriors two seconds and one point. And they lost by six, so....

phanphare

Banned
Not to mention the fact that after the non-call and resulting timeout, a couple seconds ran off the clock, Westbrook got fouled and went 1 of 2 from the line. That non-call literally cost the Warriors two seconds and one point. And they lost by six, so....

there was also the foul on iggy with the put back that should have resulted in free throws

I think the officiating has been suspect at the ends of games in general this post season

lawnchair

Banned
refs aren't ever gonna call a perfect game. i honestly don't know if they're any worse now than they have been in the past or if it's just the internet outrage stuff that blows everything up and forces the NBA to apologize for non-calls etc. there were more missed calls in the 4th that haven't been pointed out here. i dont think the league needs to come out and apologize, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom