• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Two more hours. Let's do this shit.

6pHZ3O2.jpg

Nafai1123

Banned
The games against okc have all been mostly close. If anything the anomaly is how bad KD was against GS. He averages 36pts on 53% shootong this season in the three games before that one. 27 pts on 58% shooting last year.

If im a golden state fan I'm worried that they sort of withstood every one of those runs that usually breaks other teams. And this time they were able to gut out the win unlike the other times. You can say what you want about OKCs execution but they are hungry and have the talent to take this.

No doubt OKC has the hunger and talent to take it, and if the Warriors play like they did in game 1 they will. That said, 14 points in the 4th from a team who's known for closing out is an anomaly, plain and simple. Warriors stopped running their offense and resorted to heroball in the end, which is not their MO. I fully expect KD to shoot better in the series. I also expect Curry/Thompson will not lead the team in rebounds and Dray will not take 20 (mostly bad) shots a game :p

I'm not complaining about the no-calls, but that's not how it works. You can't say, "X team lost by Y points, so the final score difference would've been Y-3 had the right call(s) been made." The no-call completely changes how the final seconds play-out. If WB turns it over on a travel, then GSW is down only 3 and able to take potentially the last shot to tie the game and send it to OT. As it happened, OKC keeps possession and GSW have to foul as the final seconds run down.

That's all well and good. But if we're going to do that, then we have to enforce the travel that the league admitted Curry should have been called for with 7.8 seconds left. This is without even bringing up a potential (50/50 call, IMO) foul by Thompson as he rode Westbrook down the sideline or that Donovan was seen calling a timeout before Westbrook stopped.

It's all a big slippery slope, and it just gets slipperier the more you look at it. Let's just stick to what happened: the Thunder won. The Warriors lost.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Raps looking good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom