• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
no way it's way easier in the East

For the last 5 (about to be 6) years, the only question you need to ask of the East is "what team has LeBron James on it" to know who was heading to the Finals. Doesn't say much for the conference if a single player is the determining factor on what team will advance (even given how good LeBron is).

Gigglepoo

Its not at all. ATL for instance were beating everybody last year no matter which conference and got swept by the Cavs. In the playoffs the only thing that matters is the matchup.

Atlanta was getting beat by the Wizards until Wall broke his wrist. Do you really think if San Antonio and LeBron (Cleveland/Miami) switched conferences he would go to the Finals six straight years?

Gigglepoo

I didn't deny that the Easy is the easier of the two, just that the West isn't battle ground that people have convinced themselves it is.

2011: Mavericks vs. Heat
2012: Thunder vs. Heat
2013: Spurs vs. Heat
2014: Spurs vs. Heat
2015: Warriors vs. Cavaliers

Four different West teams have challenged LeBron.

Servbot24

Banned
I didn't deny that the Easy is the easier of the two, just that the West isn't battle ground that people have convinced themselves it is.

I dunno. If Thunder make it, they'll have gone through Spurs and GSW, both of whom are better than the Cavs. That's a pretty tough path to victory, especially compared to Cavs.

rambis

Banned
Atlanta was getting beat by the Wizards until Wall broke his wrist. Do you really think if San Antonio and LeBron (Cleveland/Miami) switched conferences he would go to the Finals six straight years?
I'm only speaking of this year and at most last year. What does have thast six years to do with anything?

Joei

For the last 5 (about to be 6) years, the only question you need to ask of the East is "what team has LeBron James on it" to know who was heading to the Finals. Doesn't say much for the conference if a single player is the determining factor on what team will advance (even given how good LeBron is).

What about when Jordan went 6x in the 90s? Or Kobe 6x in a span of 11 years? Or what about when the Lakers and Boston went 8 and 5x, respectively, in the 80s? Or Boston going 10x in 11 years in the 50-60's? Basketball has always been extremely top-heavy between the have and have-nots.

When you look at playoff seeding, typically a 38-40 win team gets to go to the playoffs in the East whereas a 7-8 seed team in the West typically wins 48-50 games.

I dunno. If Thunder make it, they'll have gone through Spurs and GSW, both of whom are better than the Cavs. That's a pretty tough path to victory, especially compared to Cavs.

GS i can buy for obvious reasons, but san antonio got stomped in their last game and that was before cleveland stopped its regular-season sandbagging

Fjordson

Don't stress over a historically great team.
I can't help it. Always been a nervous fan. Also gonna be at the game so I won't be able to pace around like at home.

Report: Tyronn Lue told LeBron James to 'shut the f— up' in Cavs huddle

lol if true, but while this would sound terirble to most teams, it's great, as Blatt would let LeBron walk and talk all over him.

Love that Lue is taking charge.
This is great if true.

rambis

Banned
They've had words before. Lue confronted Bron before about the comments he made with Wade that got caught on camera that time. I think people really over state Lebrons power in CLE. He doesn't have anywhere near the same pull he used too.

Its why he's been throwing his little fits on social media all year. Remember he even unfollowed the Cavs at one point this season. Its far from peachy.

Fedelias

Traffic going to Oracle is terrible, but will be well worth it I hope. Really not trying to watch a back to back loss in person tonight x_x

Servbot24

Banned
Don't be nervous, Warriors fans. No way they're losing a second game in a row at home.

Love, a Thunder fan

It could happen. Thunder are playing their best of the season while GSW have been pretty mediocre through the playoffs by their standards (due largely to injuries).

I predict 10+ point win for the warriors. I suspect there will be a barrage of 3 pointers this time around

E: i think at this point Adams might be more important than Ibaka

Fjordson

Outside of PG, I think the Warriors are fine as far as athleticism once Ezeli is in at center. Problem there is that he's not nearly as competent as Adams or Bogut.

If we could transplant Bogut's brain (and passing) into Ezeli's body we'd be set.

edit: time to head out. Go Dubs.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Warriors had last game in hand but lost their edge and let OKC hang around. Then they went cold and it was over. I don't see that happening again tonight.

Some of the illegal screen calls in that Portland series were hilaribad, basically took the Blazers out of their offense. But, clearly the fix is in...
You kidding? Steph and Kawahi get the least amount of calls for a superstar I've ever seen.
Kawhi is a fair point. For Steph it's laughable, dude gets a ton of superstar calls.

Don't get me wrong, he's my favorite player in the league. But so was Jordan, and my allegiance doesn't prevent me from saying that he got calls too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom