• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dthomp

We gotta be happy with everything but the last minute and a half where YNB reared his head. Sometimes I think the Thunder just get bored doing what works and try to rush shit and not take a step back and evaluate the best option

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Kerr and his coaching staff really need to figure out how to counter the Thunder's defensive strategy and get Steph some looks.

The Thunder are happy to let anyone not named "Curry" shoot the ball. Just watch their rotations...very interesting.

How do the Warriors have an 8pt lead with the way OKC is shooting the ball? Everyone except their worse shooter (westbrook) is making everything whether defended well or not.

rambis

Banned
I feel like we are at the same place as last game. Thunder are able to counter every little burst GSW has. They are getting better shots though.

spyder_ur

The Thunder are happy to let anyone not named "Curry" shoot the ball. Just watch their rotations...very interesting.

How do the Warriors have an 8pt lead with the way OKC is shooting the ball? Everyone except their worse shooter (westbrook) is making everything whether defended well or not.

Yeah you're totally right. Any jumper by anyone not named Curry or Thompson (maybe Barnes) is a defensive victory.

The answer is turnovers and allowing offensive rebounds.

Still, the Thunder are in decent shape here.

rambis

Banned

All it takes is a small series of mistakes which both teams are prone to. That lead is nothing though.

The only thing that concerns me is that when games get tight and the stakes are big, Curry doesn't act like himself taking those crazy shots he can make. The same thing happened in the finals last year.

Dthomp

I'm sure it's not a popular opinion among Thunder fans, but personally I don't see why Ibaka is out there half the time. Adams is all over the paint busting his ass and works well with the ball around the rim, but all Ibaka does is hang around the 3 hoping for a pass. I know he was necessary before we got Adams/Kanter but I kind of prefer them on the court over him

I'm sure it's not a popular opinion among Thunder fans, but personally I don't see why Ibaka is out there half the time. Adams is all over the paint busting his ass and works well with the ball around the rim, but all Ibaka does is hang around the 3 hoping for a pass. I know he was necessary before we got Adams/Kanter but I kind of prefer them on the court over him

Floor spacing.

datruth29

Ibaka can space the floor, can be a pain for Curry on the perimeter, clogs up passing lanes, and is a decent rim protector.. Kanter, while a talented rebounder and post player, is food for this offense.

Dthomp

Wow this game is getting way out of hand emotionally. Gotta laugh that after all the bullshit Green has pulled this game that KD gets the Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom