• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
His father could shoot half court shots flat footed. Also not strong or physical. They shooting basketballs...not sure how much strength you all think that takes?

I think the idea is that if Curry is weak, the gameplan is to knock him around and be very physical with him. The problem is that you can only do so much. Refs aren't going to let you batter and beat up the league MVP. Westbrook is actually playing him really physically, except even if Curry weren't strong, his quick feet allow him to get to his spots and still get his shot off. YOu can't really outmuscle that. Same reason Reggie Miller, who was built like a stick figure, was able to get his shot off so often. Now imagine if Reggie were faster and quicker.

His father could shoot half court shots flat footed. Also not strong or physical. They shooting basketballs...not sure how much strength you all think that takes?

ISPmr7f.jpg

Dell Curry wasn't a twig either y'know.

People keep trying to chracterize Steph as soft and I'm like, what's your evidence? He has a babyface?

ahoyle77

I think the idea is that if Curry is weak, the gameplan is to knock him around and be very physical with him. The problem is that you can only do so much. Refs aren't going to let you batter and beat up the league MVP. Westbrook is actually playing him really physically, except even if Curry weren't strong, his quick feet allow him to get to his spots and still get his shot off. YOu can't really outmuscle that. Same reason Reggie Miller, who was built like a stick figure, was able to get his shot off so often. Now imagine if Reggie were faster and quicker.

Thanks for a reasonable reply. Valid points, although Reggie was 6'6 with long arms and a high release, so pretty different style.

And I dont think Curry is actually weak, I just think thats his biggest weakness, if that makes sense. So thats how I would play him.

beat

Currys deadlift is impressive. I probably should have just used the term physicality. I think Curry is somewhat soft, I think thats how you play him.
People who haven't been watching the Warriors closely have been saying "give him some hard fouls" for at least the last two seasons. You aren't some genius with the simple answer no one else thought of.

ahoyle77

Dell Curry wasn't a twig either y'know.

People keep trying to chracterize Steph as soft and I'm like, what's your evidence? He has a babyface?

Met Dell several times and saw him play probably 200+ times in person. You could tell me he benched 500lbs and I would still know he wasnt physical and often shied away from contact.

tookhster

-Thunder completely shat the bed in the middle of the game. The defense was horrible. That Curry guy also might have had a little something to do with it.

-Kanter is being straight out bullied and exposed in the pick and roll. Really needed him to step up this game and get us some extra boards but his fuck ups on defense discourages his offense.

-Serge has been a no show this series, and aside from a couple of games, this playoffs overall. What happened to this guy?

-Russ fucked up royally closing the second half. Went for the flopping 3 which he has been trying to sell for years and has never gotten the call for it, so I don't know why he tries. And that airball 3. Hopefully he looks back.

-I thought the officiating was decent on both ends(meaning a lot of non-calls) but it's bullshit how KD gets a tech for complaining about a call while not even looking at the ref while Draymond is allowed breathe down our players necks while staring them down. I don't mind him doing that but let it go both ways.

And I dont think Curry is actually weak, I just think thats his biggest weakness, if that makes sense. So thats how I would play him.

But that's how he's played...teams grab hold and push him all the time all game long. This isn't 90's basketball where you can get away with outright clobbering guys when they go to the rim or hockey checking him when he cuts to the hoop because it's no longer allowed.

For the love of God Warrior fans, I love ya and all but next time your at a home game and this happens CATCH the MVP please!

Gentrification of Oracle is a sad sad thing. Seriously SMH when that one fan was taking pics of Curry instead of trying to help him up

ahoyle77

People who haven't been watching the Warriors closely have been saying "give him some hard fouls" for at least the last two seasons. You aren't some genius with the simple answer no one else thought of.

My point in that was to say I was shocked it didnt happen this game. Not that I mastered some strategy.

For the love of God Warrior fans, I love ya and all but next time your at a home game and this happens CATCH the MVP please!

Thats like silicon valley $$$$$$$$ right there, they ain't risking their bodies , lol at everyone dodging

-Kanter is being straight out bullied and exposed in the pick and roll. Really needed him to step up this game and get us some extra boards but his fuck ups on defense discourages his offense.

-Serge has been a no show this series, and aside from a couple of games, this playoffs overall. What happened to this guy?

lol Kanter ain't shit, big for nothing, was trash on my 2K team in Utah

Serge is an old man that lied about his age, only way to explain the huge quick decline in his game

Met Dell several times and saw him play probably 200+ times in person. You could tell me he benched 500lbs and I would still know he wasnt physical and often shied away from contact.

Just talking about strength there, not physicality or play style. If you watch Steph play you'll see he doesn't shy away from contact and teams play him physically all the time.

Speaking of deceptive strength, for whatever reason Nate Duncan's observation that Randy Foye is the league's best post defender at the guard position always sticks out in my mind. But it's true though, every time I see someone bigger try to post up on Foye, he doesn't budge and it always results in a bad shot.

ahoyle77

Speaking of deceptive strength, for whatever reason Nate Duncan's observation that Randy Foye is the league's best post defender at the guard position always sticks out in my mind. But it's true though, every time I see someone bigger try to post up on Foye, he doesn't budge and it always results in a bad shot.

Larry Johnson had the best quote for deceptive strength, calling it "old man" strength. Like the little old man that crushes your hand when he shakes it.

Not 600, I haven't. I also don't take any supplements or have special trainers, I also have an 8-6 job. But 400 pounds ain't that much. Go to any gym and be shocked by how many people hit that.

Just cause you have an 8-6 job doesn't mean you can't lift that much.

Also, Curry weighs 190 lbs (according to wiki anyway). He's lifting over 2x his bw. It is impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom