• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season, started alot the year before. The time he should have been developing a post game of some kind he spent spot shooting. Now he's a player that they can't rely on being their #3 that they envisioned him being all those years ago.

Such a shame. I feel like he has so much potential. Long, strong, and athletic with a good body type. He should be a beast in the paint and on D but he just shoots 3's and jumpers.
Such a shame. He had so much potential to be a beast 2 way player in the post. Now, he doesn't know what to do if he can't catch and shoot.

Thunder will probably sneak in a win a home, I don't see them winning two more times. To be honest I don't know how GS blew that first game.

Golden State didn't take advantage of OKC's sloppiness in the first half of that game. The Thunder played with more discipline in the second half (and Westbrook got in the zone) while the Warriors got sloppy with their ball handling and shot selection. They also did a very good job of forcing players not named Curry to make plays.

Dthomp

Such a shame. He had so much potential to be a beast 2 way player in the post. Now, he doesn't know what to do if he can't catch and shoot.

That's how I felt about him early on. Figured he'd add a low post game after his 2nd season and really be a monster but turned into a catch and shoot guy who is generally too hesitant to take the shot when he's wide open and not guarded.

ahoyle77

You're right...every time Curry goes off, teams should just immediately kick him in the face and punch him in the crotch. The good Ol' one-two combo. That'll teach him..

I was in camps in the late 80s with pros teaching kids how to poke a guy in the ribs as he shoots so the refs didnt see. Im just shocked a guy can shoot 5 jumpers in a row, is the smallest guy out there, and no one challenges him.

As for fouling a great free throw shooter, when hes hot like that, hes hitting the three anyways.

And for the guy that thinks Curry is strong...really? Hes a lot of things...but strong?

Dthomp

I know this is the end of the bench scrubs for OKC, but these guys look completely fucking lost out there. I thought Singler was okay?

Dthomp

I was in camps in the late 80s with pros teaching kids how to poke a guy in the ribs as he shoots so the refs didnt see. Im just shocked a guy can shoot 5 jumpers in a row, is the smallest guy out there, and no one challenges him.

As for fouling a great free throw shooter, when hes hot like that, hes hitting the three anyways.

And for the guy that thinks Curry is strong...really? Hes a lot of things...but strong?

It's super popular to be a Warriors fan now that they are winning, I assume that's why you saw the posts you did to that question.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Why is that so hard to believe? How do you measure strength?

Dthomp

16 turnovers, and getting outrebounded. That isn't going to cut it. Not a fan of the way GS just keeps running it up, I'd imagine a guy who's been around for as long as Collison would take offense and throw a strong elbow into a face

ahoyle77

Lol...Im not arguing Curry's relative strength on here. I dont think its a reach to say if your scouting him and looking for ways to attack him, his physicality is a place you could reasonably go to.

MBXEMWR.jpg

Whoops, big image.

But yeah. He's one of the best scorers in the league in the paint. He weighs 190 lbs (about as much as Russell Westbrook and Derrick Rose). He's reported to deadlift 400 lbs. He can maintain his shooting form from half court without having to jump forward or strain and push the ball. He's strong. Come up with a better argument as to why he's not.

Curry's deceptively strong. He has the heaviest deadlift compared to the rest of his team.

Dthomp

Yea I'm at the arena right now and people started literally filing out like a couple minutes into the fourth. It's sad :/

As someone who doesn't actually have any pro sports teams in my state (ND) that's the kind of stuff that sours me about fans in some of these markets (GS/Miami/sure there is more).

Fjordson

Glad we bounced back in a big way. Sucks we gave up the split, but we've been down 2-1 twice with this team and won so the dream lives another day!

A post based on no-calls so apparently pervasive that multiple sports media outlets have felt the need to repeatedly address it at least once a month all season is not even in the same wheelhouse and you should know this.

(Or anyone else in the GS fanbase in NBA-GAF would, in any event. You, I'm not so sure about.)

Exactly. People forget he held Dwight back and got a rebound on him.
Lol
Whoops, big image.

But yeah. He's one of the best scorers in the league in the paint. He weighs 190 lbs (about as much as Russell Westbrook and Derrick Rose). He's reported to deadlift 400 lbs. He can maintain his shooting form from half court without having to jump forward or strain and push the ball. He's strong. Come up with a better argument as to why he's not.

Curry's deceptively strong. He has the heaviest deadlift compared to the rest of his team.

Dang that deadlift info I didn't know about.

Dthomp

All in all should be happy with getting the split, although not a fan of getting blown out but hopefully Billy D bashes into their head to play their game and not play into GSs pace. Gotta slow down the pace a bit, we get too careless playing this constant running and shooting (which doesn't benefit our 2 big lineup at all). Got to see more of game 1 Thunder, and forget this one like game 1 of SA series.

Less Turnovers, Rebound, Slow down the pace and we can still take this series.

TheFlow

Banned
missed the second game but looking at stats now. How dafuq did the warriors get such a big lead in the 3/4 q. Did Curry go full on anime again and start shooting half court shots?

missed the second game but looking at stats now. How dafuq did the warriors get such a big lead in the 3/4 q. Did Curry go full on anime again and start shooting half court shots?

Curry went full Curry in addition to OKC letting off of him for two entire minutes, Westbrook went full YNB, and the rest is history

ahoyle77

Currys deadlift is impressive. I probably should have just used the term physicality. I think Curry is somewhat soft, I think thats how you play him.

And if you've ever been in a weight room with basketball players, a bunch cant do shit with weights because of their arm and leg length. Doesnt mean they arent strong.

TheFlow

Banned
Ahh that makes sense.

also I am new to this thread but let it be known I am going to band wagon on the Warriors because Curry is fun to watch and being a magic fan is depressing.

ahoyle77

His father could shoot half court shots flat footed. Also not strong or physical. They shooting basketballs...not sure how much strength you all think that takes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom