• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
Met Dell several times and saw him play probably 200+ times in person. You could tell me he benched 500lbs and I would still know he wasnt physical and often shied away from contact.

When you're a shooter you're not supposed to be running into bigs anymore than QBs are supposed to run into linebackers.

Yea at playing basketball not weight lifting. Lol. This is basketball not nfl

Just stop. 400 pounds is impressive. Sure it's not elite level but it is still great.

Just cause you have an 8-6 job doesn't mean you can't lift that much.

Also, Curry weighs 190 lbs (according to wiki anyway). He's lifting over 2x his bw. It is impressive.

Not impressive at all. Well, I guess it can be impressive if you don't work out at all. Since you have no point of reference you consider it to be better than what it actually is.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Not impressive at all. Well, I guess it can be impressive if you don't work out at all. Since you have no point of reference you consider it to be better than what it actually is.
I have no point of reference? You know nothing about me or what I can deadlift.

rambis

Banned
Thats not an impressive deadlift for a guy thats a paid athlete full-time . I mean hes like 6'2 or 3. Back in highschool most players were there around junior year, and nobody was near that big. What's his squat or bench?

Siegcram

Are you guys seriously shit talking the lifiting stats of a dude who is among the league leaders in scoring in the paint? Jesus christ get a grip.

Servbot24

Banned
Are you guys seriously shit talking the lifiting stats of a dude who is among the league leaders in scoring in the paint? Jesus christ get a grip.

We wouldn't be if some dude hadn't made ridiculous claims about him being dainty or whatever.

Anyways, SMH at people saying 400lbs isn't impressive. Sure it's not that hard to reach for you bros who don't care about anything but bulking, but for a point guard lifting is only a small facet of what goes into his training regimen. He needs to be coordinated and agile above anything else. Granted I'm not a pro athlete, but I'm 6'4", 200lbs, around 12%bf and I only do 350. 400 is a great lift.

rambis

Banned
Stop guys.

I can DL 400 - but that's impressive for Curry.
Its impressive he can do it on that frame of his but its a very average lift in the grand scheme. Squats are a better measure anyway.

But can Curry deadlift more than Jordan at the same point in his career? That's the real question at hand here.
Know this is a joke but Jordan was a beast. Especially when he started lifting. He overpowered alot of people his size.

Damn college finals making me miss the last 2 Warriors games. WarriorsGAF, how was yesterday compared to Monday? Did the guys just play better or did some adjustments work and they've found something to exploit for the rest of the series?

Servbot24

Banned
Damn college finals making me miss the last 2 Warriors games. WarriorsGAF, how was yesterday compared to Monday? Did the guys just play better or did some adjustments work and they've found something to exploit for the rest of the series?

Their shot selection and decision-making was much better I thought. Once Curry went on a run OKC pretty much gave up.

Although the score indicates a blow out (and it was), OKC hung tough for the first half, and I think if Westbrook gets his offense going they won't just quit midway through like they did last night.

Their shot selection and decision-making was much better I thought. Once Curry went on a run OKC pretty much gave up.

Although the score indicates a blow out (and it was), OKC hung tough for the first half, and I think if Westbrook gets his offense going they won't just quit midway through like they did last night.

In other words they're evenly matched and this is going 7 games? At least I'll be able to catch Games 5,6 and 7.

bionic77

GS figured out something on offense in the 3rd quarter. They were getting a lot of easy points.

Be interesting to see if they can carry that over to game 3 or if it is an easy fix for the Thunder.

Also can't believe ESPN is comparing the Cavs to the 2001 Lakers. That's some bullshit.

Ripenen

Westbrook was off his game. Durant shot well but made a lot of turnovers. Adams got 270lbs. dropped on his back and then took a flying knee to the nuts. Kanter is too slow to help.

Kanter will always be slow, but I don't expect Westbrook, KD, and Adams will be off like that many more times the rest of the series.

Undefined

DL'ing 400 lbs is not impressive now?
I think ive heard it all on this board now.

We're talking about 400 lbs here, not 400 grams.

Or maybe yall are just joking?

After playing Harden and now Durant, Draymond learned how to use the ripthrough foul-draw. Funny seeing Durant smirk and acknowledge getting caught by it, not once but twice!

Fjordson

Curry was Curry again and attacked the switches. Had 15 points in two minutes in the third quarter to basically put the game away.

He still seems tentative at times because of the knee, but if he can be anywhere close to his pre-injury aggressiveness attacking OKC's bigs then that opens things up for GS quite a bit. Kanter especially man, I can't remember a possession when he was in the game where he didn't directly aid in the Warriors scoring.

They also outrebounded OKC by 9 and had more offensive boards. That's one of the OKC's strengths, so it's pretty big for GS to not only hang with them but actually win the glass

beat

Thats not an impressive deadlift for a guy thats a paid athlete full-time . I mean hes like 6'2 or 3. Back in highschool most players were there around junior year, and nobody was near that big. What's his squat or bench?
Y'all know his deadlift is second best on the team, and his teammates are also full time paid athletes who are about his size or bigger?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Kanter is getting exposed. I would go so far as to say he's the breaking point between OKC handling their business and going out in 6.

He gets exposed on defense so often that it not only cancels out the effect he has on the boards, it's actually a detriment overall. He gets caught on switches so often and Golden State exploits mismatches better than any team in the league.

Adams, on the other hand, is exactly what OKC needs...just that one of him isn't enough. Wonder what the fuck happened to Ibaka's defensive prowess...

Fjordson

I shouldn't post this because it's going to jinx Golden State, but Westbrook's inefficiency against GS also hurts OKC. He does other things that affect the game in a big way, but he hasn't shot 40% or better against GS since 2013. Shooting 33% over the last 8 games in the series.

I shouldn't post this because it's going to jinx Golden State, but Westbrook's inefficiency against GS also hurts OKC. He does other things that affect the game in a big way, but he hasn't shot 40% or better against GS since 2013. Shooting 33% over the last 8 games in the series.
Yea last season he shot 28% and this season before the playoffs 33% against them.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I have no point of reference? You know nothing about me or what I can deadlift.

This is rich. Hypocrite must have never seen Cooter.

400lb deadlift is impressive for anyone. Simply because you are lifting 400 freaking lbs off the ground.

I don't feel okc can beat warriors, will give them a chance but they didn't really win game 1 through most of it either. They have been played like 90 percent of the time.

Portland looked a lot better against them than okc did in game 2

platocplx

Kanter is getting exposed. I would go so far as to say he's the breaking point between OKC handling their business and going out in 6.

He gets exposed on defense so often that it not only cancels out the effect he has on the boards, it's actually a detriment overall. He gets caught on switches so often and Golden State exploits mismatches better than any team in the league.

Adams, on the other hand, is exactly what OKC needs...just that one of him isn't enough. Wonder what the fuck happened to Ibaka's defensive prowess...

yeah, about kanter being exposed. but man did you see HOW much movement the warriors had in that game it was insane. I can see why teams could have a lot of trouble. Some of their switches almost always put people out of position or created mismatches. teams have to be committed to fight through screens and not allow them to get mismatches on pick and rolls and also when they have cross court movement.

Also I HATE how they pull some of those double and even triple screens to get people open its hard as hell to defend, and with shooters like curry or thompson that small amount of space that opens up is all they need. its crazy how good they are at executing.

I don't feel okc can beat warriors, will give them a chance but they didn't really win game 1 through most of it either. They have been played like 90 percent of the time.

Portland looked a lot better against them than okc did in game 2
I think that series was a combination of things. I think the warriors and Kerr didn't really take Portland serious. Curry was coming back and was basically trying to get in game shape so his timing was off for a bit. And Portland also spaced the floor better than okc.

I figured my OKC would get a beatdown last night. Just felt like it was coming. You don't come off such a high as a team and play superwell the following game. Keeping it competitive to one of the best NBA teams in history on the road was just gonna be a very tough task. I do think they will play well this next game.

e: Ibaka was pretty awful last night as were most of their role players. No way you can beat such a great team on the road with your bench and role players doing poorly

kaiju

I think that series was a combination of things. I think the warriors and Kerr didn't really take Portland serious. Curry was coming back and was basically trying to get in game shape so his timing was off for a bit. And Portland also spaced the floor better than okc.

I wouldn't say that at all. Warriors are a different team without Curry, but still a damn good team at that. They didn't find their shots in Game 3, and would have also lost Game 4 if not for Curry coming back in that game.

I wouldn't say Curry had to get in game shape either, he scored 17 in OT!

I decided I'm going to check out Into the Badlands tonight if the game suck, no fucking way Toronto is getting me off guard with nothing to do if they get blown out again.

Never plan your night around the ECF.

Nafai1123

Banned
Some thoughts on last nights game.

Warriors looked like themselves again. MUCH better ball movement and patience on the offensive side to open up better shots. They consistently picked on Kanter whenever OKC switched. I think I noticed 5 or 6 different times when different Warriors would get Kanter one-on-one and take advantage. OKC is going to need to address this or it will continue to hurt them.

Iggy played fantastic on both sides of the ball. He seemed responsible for several turnovers by OKC by knocking the ball out during the dribble. Dude has crazy hands.

Curry finally showed up in the 3rd. Seems like he's starting to figure out OKC's defensive strategies on him with the constant switches. We'll see if he can continue to take advantage in game 3, but he still doesn't look 100%

Ezeli showed up big time with Bogut in foul trouble and generally playing pretty terribly. They'll need his production in this series a lot I suspect.

Klay is fucking fanstatic at covering Westbrook. He should be on him every time he's on the floor.

Ripenen

Klay's elite defense.

BumRush

Not 600, I haven't. I also don't take any supplements or have special trainers, I also have an 8-6 job. But 400 pounds ain't that much. Go to any gym and be shocked by how many people hit that.

Dude is 185 (as per Basketballreference). A 2X+ bodyweight DL isn't impressive these days? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom