• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos

Hope rc and pop go after biyombo

on another note, pay tristan thompson 80 million brehs
mjlol.png

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
MJ Fucked up. Thank you for Biyombo Charlotte. I want Biyombo to stay for one more season.

Naah you can see why Charlotte let him go with what they have currently with their team.

Toronto's coaching and development staff worked hard with Biz to get him to where he is now offensively.

Naah you can see why Charlotte let him go with what they have currently with their team.

Toronto's coaching and development staff worked hard with Biz to get him to where he is now offensively.

I don't know Hornets-GAF have complained for a while about getting some interior defense in their front court. Mentioned trying to go for Dwight Howard this off-season as well.

Brinbe

The sad thing is that Biz is gonna get mega bucks this off season so he's long gone once these playoffs are over. We don't have his bird rights, so even if we wanted to pay him we can't offer more than the MLE. What a great signing by Masai though. Glad Biz turned his career around after his time in Charlotte. Even if he is probably more like 28 than 23 lmao.

It'll Bebe Nogueira's time to shine next year.

yuraya

They're not as good as they have been playing so regression was inevitable.

Don't get why people expect so much from them.

Neither Kyrie nor Love have ever achieved anything in their careers other than winning the three point shooting contest. Without Lebron they would just be those two average shooters on a 30 win team.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Dahntay Jones is a dirty little cunt. That shot to the junk on Biymbo was deliberate, make no mistake.

I've seen this motherfucker pull so many sketchy ass moves over the years - shit dating way back to the Lakers/Nuggets playoff series in '09. It's amazing to me how this cocksucker keeps getting away with it too.

Fuck Dahntay Jones.

Fistwell

Just waking up to Leflop. What a time to be alive.

Edit: and he goes on to bitch about being played physical in the post game press conf, with a smug-ass face and self agrandizing "you take a shot at me you get famous" bullcrap. I mean, I'm sure he gets played physically and gets some cheap shots. But on a night where he embarrassed himself he could have had the elegance to stfu and not act as like a spoiled, whiny, smug asshat.

For sure. Also a good reason he may stay, they can back load his contract assuming he takes a little less than the $10-$12 he's likely to command. Coaching has been good for him.

I think he'll do the Spurs thing and take $45mln over 4 years, back loaded. Raps gotta do the Enes Kanter thing - no alternatives so gotta pay or go back to fighting for 5th seed.

Plus there's no better place for him, both as an African and a player, re:endorsements, than Toronto.

That said, this league WAS plagued with many a bad big man contract handed out because of playoff performances or short stretches of greatness. (See: anyone Knicks). So who knows. Some crazy GM offers him $90 million he may just walk.

For sure. Also a good reason he may stay, they can back load his contract assuming he takes a little less than the $10-$12 he's likely to command. Coaching has been good for him.

I think he'll do the Spurs thing and take $45mln over 4 years, back loaded. Raps gotta do the Enes Kanter thing - no alternatives so gotta pay or go back to fighting for 5th seed.

Plus there's no better place for him, both as an African and a player, re:endorsements, than Toronto.

That said, this league WAS plagued with many a bad big man contract handed out because of playoff performances or short stretches of greatness. (See: anyone Knicks). So who knows. Some crazy GM offers him $90 million he may just walk.

At this stage, Tristan Thompson's contract is federal robbery. Can't believe the Cavs caved and payed him more than Draymond Green

phanphare

Banned

yall can thank patrick ewing too. biyombo put in a lot of extra work with him while he was here to get better.

I don't know Hornets-GAF have complained for a while about getting some interior defense in their front court. Mentioned trying to go for Dwight Howard this off-season as well.

what hurt more this season in that regard was MKG being hurt. dude's such a good defender and rebounder. that's probably why they felt ok with losing biz and getting more range shooting; having MKG on the court masks a lot of what biz brought on the defensive end with MKG's pressure on the perimeter and elite rebounding at his position. plus biz wasn't taking al or cody's minutes and we didn't have room for another big that couldn't shoot unless he wanted to be in tyler hansbrough's 3rd string role which wouldn't be fair to biyombo. losing biz worked out for both the hornets and the raptors honestly.

He didn't do much for the Hornets last year, so...it's not really a surprise they didn't re-sign.

his averages were around the same as this season and he got some crucial starting minutes when al went down to try and push for a playoff spot

rambis

Banned
Don't get why people expect so much from them.

Neither Kyrie nor Love have ever achieved anything in their careers other than winning the three point shooting contest. Without Lebron they would just be those two average shooters on a 30 win team.
Kyrie has never "won" anything but lets get serious. It wasnt that long ago where he outplayed Steph, Russ, KD, AD, etc to become the Olympic MVP. He was outplaying Steph in that one Finals game as well. I hate when people cherry pick after losses to make ridiculous statements.

Kyrie has never "won" anything but lets get serious. It wasnt that long ago where he outplayed Steph, Russ, KD, AD, etc to become the Olympic MVP. He was outplaying Steph in that one Finals game as well. I hate when people cherry pick after losses to make ridiculous statements.

Didn't Kyrie make an all star game or two before Lebron got there. There's also those Uncle Drew commercials(with Love mind you) that was going on pre Lebron. I mean whatever people are gonna say what they want to say.

Gigglepoo

"Outplaying" = Scored more points? Because he sure can't do anything else.

At this stage, Tristan Thompson's contract is federal robbery. Can't believe the Cavs caved and payed him more than Draymond Green

Said it over and over, his contract is literal garbage and the fact they paid it shows that they let Lebron do whatever he wants. The money the cavs are paying over the Cap for their actual team right now is insane. What they traded to get Love was insanely bad as well just to give him that stupid big contract he isn't worth.

Two Words

Just to put a comparison on it. Here's Bautista staying on his feet after taking a perfect punch right in the chin.

giphy.gif

td0Qkf.gif

And here's Lebron getting grazed by a teammates non-pointed elbow

eGuoIuv.gif

Saw this on the Reddit post game thread.

Yeah but Biyombo is definitely not 23. I ran into him once at Yorkdale Mall in Toronto. This was in the off season so he had yet to play a game for the Raptors and just looked like another tall African dude to everyone in the crowd.
So I walked up to him and started a conversation and I was curious to know if people in the Congo perceived major world events the same way people in the West did. I think there was a little lost in translation because he took it to mean if people in the Congo remembered major world events period because he started listing off the major world events of his life time. He was like, "Yeah man, I remember all those events: Iraq War, 9/11, Death of Princess Diana, Mandela, the Fall of the Berlin Wall, JFK's assassination..." Then all of a sudden he paused for a minute and said "....in documentaries of course. I was born in '93 there's no way I could remember all those events. Ha ha ha." And then he suddenly ran off into the crowd.

Well, if he remembers JFK's assassination, then I gotta say he is in sensational shape for someone in his fifties.

If he remembers the fall of the Berlin Wall he is probably early in his 30s. I'm 24 and that was 3 years before I was born. To remember that, yeah I dunno, shit's questionable. But he prob is not 23 either way.

Strax

"NBA point guard Jeremy Lin is in Iceland and made the day for a young local basketball player and his family when they bumped into the star in an ice cream parlour in their home town Akureyri (population 18.000), North Iceland.

14-year old Júlíus Orri Ágústsson was in the store with his mother Guðrún Gísladóttur when he spotted the Charlotte Hornets playmaker. After Júlíus had asked for and gotten an autograph from Lin, his mother invited the smiling and very friendly NBA star to shoot some hoops with her son. Lin, who has a reputation of being one of NBA's good guys, duly accepted the offer and went on to play an one on one game with Júlíus on a small basket ball court that the family has in their back yard.

The midnight sun created the perfect setting for this fantastic adventure for the young man and Lin showed he truly has a heart of gold. NBA can hardly have a better ambassador.

Below is a clip from Lin's game with Júlíus."

Video

Article

rambis

Banned
"Outplaying" = Scored more points? Because he sure can't do anything else.
The Olympic committee thought so highly that he got the award. Maybe you should go rewatch it instead of trying to be reductionist and discredit him?

He held Steph to a pretty mediocre showing in there first finals game. I'm willing to bet he's capable of pushing him.

Jag

Dahntay Jones is a dirty little cunt. That shot to the junk on Biymbo was deliberate, make no mistake.

I've seen this motherfucker pull so many sketchy ass moves over the years - shit dating way back to the Lakers/Nuggets playoff series in '09. It's amazing to me how this cocksucker keeps getting away with it too.

Fuck Dahntay Jones.

You and SB Nation agree. Guy is a thug plain and simple. He's gonna hurt someone bad one day.

The Cavs have 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th men who play every conceivable reserve role the team needs. So with their 15th man, they weren't actually looking for somebody to make Cleveland better at basketball. They were looking for somebody who could bother opponents into making them worse, and Jones was the perfect signing.

He held Steph to a pretty mediocre showing in there first finals game. I'm willing to bet he's capable of pushing him.

Not sure what you're trying to say, Steph outplayed him in that game. He scored more points while shooting better from the field and dishing out more assists. Do you really think Irving who's a notoriously poor defender can "push" probably the greatest shooter in the history of the game?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
You and SB Nation agree. Guy is a thug plain and simple. He's gonna hurt someone bad one day.
heh, they didn't even include the time he pushed Kobe in the back while Kobe was in full sprint, which was extremely dangerous. Dude has no right to be in this league...

Yeah, I don't like the word thug being thrown around now a days either, mainly because it's basically a not so subtle way of calling someone a "nigger". I doubt that was the posters intention though. At any rate, Dahntay Jones is definitely a piece of shit though, make no mistake.

I mean, we're talking about a guy who is barely a basketball player... who is basically getting paid to injury other legit basketball players. A guy who has made a career of dangerous and shady ass plays.

Fuck Dahntay Jones.

Jag

heh, they didn't even include the time he pushed Kobe in the back while Kobe was in full sprint, which was extremely dangerous. Dude has no right to be in this league...

Yeah, I don't like the word thug being thrown around now a days either, mainly because it's basically a not so subtle way of calling someone a "nigger". I doubt that was the posters intention though. At any rate, Dahntay Jones is definitely a piece of shit though, make no mistake.

I mean, we're talking about a guy who is barely a basketball player... who is basically getting paid to injury other legit basketball players. A guy who has made a career of dangerous and shady ass plays.

Fuck Dahntay Jones.

Yeah, no. Not the intention. Sorry about that, honestly didn't mean to offend.

He's just a bad dude that people may not be aware of his role on the Cavs. Hell, Miami took Pittman. Maybe Lebron likes having an enforcer.

UFO

Banned
My post wasn't meant to be a knock against James, more bewilderment that year after year his teams sleepwalk to the ECF, and maybe 2 or 3 times has his ECF opponent been competent.

Thats how the NBA has historically been. 1 really good team in the west, 1 really good team in the east. That's why you have teams like the Lakers getting to the Finals 9 out of 12 years (and only winning 5), or the Nets and Jazz going back-2-back and losing both, or the Lakers going 8 times in the 60's and losing everytime to the Celtics.

rambis

Banned
Not sure what you're trying to say, Steph outplayed him in that game. He scored more points while shooting better from the field and dishing out more assists. Do you really think Irving who's a notoriously poor defender can "push" probably the greatest shooter in the history of the game?
1. Kyrie is a second option at best on CLE. Its to be expected that the MVP of another team has more points.

2. Steph woke up very late that game. He started 2-7 and even after warming up he didn't score in OT.

He's had a game like that already against OKC, so yes I think that is still very possible of happening.

1. Kyrie is a second option at best on CLE. Its to be expected that the MVP of another team has more points.

2. Steph woke up very late that game. He started 2-7 and even after warming up he didn't score in OT.

He's had a game like that already against OKC, so yes I think that is still very possible of happening.

It's possible, but I'm not sure what's your point. That Irving could outplay Steph on a given night or in a few games? He could I guess, Irving is a very good player all things considered. But it's not realistic to expect him to, it's not likely that he does. This is not a knock on Irving or anything, but Steph is a much better player than he is, one that has accomplished way more in the league, and the Warriors are a much better team than the Cavs.

Marz

Irving has one of the nastiest crossovers in the league. I would put it right below Westbrook's and Curry's.

He's definitely not overrated, has one of the better offensive games in the league.

Two Words

Irving has one of the nastiest crossovers in the league. I would put it right below Westbrook's and Curry's.

He's definitely not overrated, has one of the better offensive games in the league.
Westbrook isn't really a big crossover guy. He has a lot of explosion with his dribbling. He has so much body control with his strength, but he doesn't really create his openings win his ball handling.

Marz

Westbrook isn't really a big crossover guy. He has a lot of explosion with his dribbling. He has so much body control with his strength, but he doesn't really create his openings win his ball handling.

Uh nah. His crossover is nasty combined with how quick his first step is.

That slight hesitation crossover he does in the open court is literally unguardable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom