• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were frauds because they were beating up on weak trash teams and they're still frauds because they lost to a mentally weak trash team.

Raps are no championship contenders but they are a good team. I dunno why people have all these issues admitting that. They are still building too. No one is beating Lebron in the east, we all know this.

Two Words

Flopping sucks, sure. We all agree. But, if you're not playing to win, then why are you playing?
Flopping is what you do to gamble when you can't execute legitimately. A lot of flops are a gamble because the flop could not go your way and it compromises your execution. When you flop for a foul, you end up ruining the offense/defense if you don't get the call. Instead of banking on getting fouls, focus on executing.

Resilient

Damn straight. I'll leave a DBZ crater in the court, but at least you'll know it wasn't a flop.

you do realise, even if you had the strength of lebron, doesnt mean you're gonna be able to withstand more contact when you are in the air and off balance.

pls don't even actually play sport. can't see it ending well for you.

Flopping is what you do to gamble when you can't execute legitimately. A lot of flops are a gamble because the flop could not go your way and it compromises your execution. When you flop for a foul, you end up ruining the offense/defense if you don't get the call. Instead of banking on getting fouls, focus on executing.

yeah...this is how i know you haven't played sport. seriously man. just stop.

SCChappy

Banned
love and irving played as bad as they did and toronto still couldnt have a blow out as bad as games 1 and 2 :^)

im just looking for anything positive to take away from this trash

Gigglepoo

Yeah, if Kyrie and Love's shot isn't falling, they are almost entirely useless. Which is why Love wasn't in the game at the end, he can't defend for shit, so no reason to have him out there if he's not scoring at all.

At least Love can get boards (although not in this system). Kyrie can't do anything else.

If JV ever comes back they should stagger him and Biyimbo and have JV eat up the backups.

time to unleash Mozgawd

that might be a key swing if they win game 4 and go back to Cleveland with JV ready to play
unless they let Thompson be a bench player and go small to combat against JV
JV is god

Two Words

you do realise, even if you had the strength of lebron, doesnt mean you're gonna be able to withstand more contact when you are in the air and off balance.

pls don't even actually play sport. can't see it ending well for you.

yeah...this is how i know you haven't played sport. seriously man. just stop.
You don't know shit.

Also, read up on what momentum is because what you're saying is literally opposing the laws of physics.

Goatbe and Goatmelo dont

Melo is the Daniel Day Lewis of flopping. Look at this commitment:

1279617800_Carmelo-Anthony-lying-on-the-floor.gif

Resilient

You're literally saying an object with higher mass and velocity is just as easily stopped as one with less mass and velocity. Momentum, mass x velocity is literally a measurement of "how hard is it to stop this thing."

this is classic nerd talk. everything you are saying...just reads like someone who hasn't played basketball man. i'll tell you what. if you can show me a video of exactly what happened, get a guy the same size as you to grab you like Bismack did, and show me how you land..i will take this L. but until then, just stop. because you are armchairing hard right now.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Dwayne Casey complaining about the refs big time. He's brought it up 3 times now.

Two Words

this is classic nerd talk. everything you are saying...just reads like someone who hasn't played basketball man. i'll tell you what. if you can show me a video of exactly what happened, get a guy the same size as you to grab you like Bismack did, and show me how you land..i will take this L. but until then, just stop. because you are armchairing hard right now.
I've played plenty of basketball. If you doubt physics, try stopping a speeding truck.

Resilient

Dwayne Casey complaining about the refs big time. He's brought it up 3 times now.

probably should hold the composure a bit better. they took a good win against a team that had a lot of calls in their favour tonight. move on and focus on game 4..

I've played plenty of basketball. If you doubt physics, try stopping a speeding truck.

no, you haven't. and please. shut up about the physics. unless you can explain to me the number of forces, the applied kN forces, the torsion in play, the calculated velocity of lebron, the force of Bismacks arm etc. take you wiki level knowledge of Physics out of this bro.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I'm sure every player has flopped before. But LeBron uses flopping as one of his core strategies, on both sides of these court, every game. That's why he gets so much hate for it.

And if he doesn't flop, he rarely gets calls, so not much incentive for not flopping. It's either let the little dudes hit you all game with few calls, or exaggerate content to get calls. For example, one of his late drives to the basket he did not exaggerate contact at all, and no foul was called because the hit didn't knock him off course at all.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
probably should hold the composure a bit better. they took a good win against a team that had a lot of calls in their favour tonight. move on and focus on game 4..

He's doing it in a polite way. He wants the calls next game.

The reffing tonight was garbage and Casey never complains about officiating. He's gotta stand up for his team, did we all watch the same clown show or no?

the way the Raptors got to the rim at will makes me think GState will have an easier time against a healthy Love and Kyrie than they did last year.

Raps got anything they wanted at the rim the last 2 games. Cleveland hasn't played good D the entire series. Toronto shooting well over 45% before garbage time both blowouts. Cleveland been winning with offense (cause raps just decide to not care on D for games at a time). They can totally beat Toronto doing that but GS is going to bury them.

Resilient

The reffing tonight was garbage and Casey never complains about officiating. He's gotta stand up for his team, did we all watch the same clown show or no?

nah, we did. i get you. i'd say maybe 1 comment about it is enough tho. don't want unwarranted attention from the NBA re: criticising refs too much. the way i see it, they're getting fucked on the court, don't open the potential for them to get fucked over off it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom