• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So will Lue go ahead and bench or remove Love early if he has this horrid of a game again

The bench players looked more ready to play

Amazing how all that 10-0 Swagger, Fun and Jovial Cavs vanished within a game

Tom Penny

This guy...lmao. Has a superstar ever disrespected the game as much as this flopper?

HuR88.gif

SCChappy

Banned
you guys dont understand

lebron is the only guy ever to oversell contact and flop in the history of the nba

literally NO ONE has ever done it before

They will just shoot 3's , they are in live by the 3, die by the 3 mode now and will be in it even more if they face the Warriors

That plays right into the Warriors gameplan though. The trouble they gave GState last year came out of the necessity of having to play a bunch of hard nosed scrubs like Delladova and Thompson and getting the Warriors off their game. If they want to have a shoot out with the Dubs, good luck.

you guys dont understand

lebron is the only guy ever to oversell contact and flop in the history of the nba

literally NO ONE has ever done it before

The contrast between "I'm the strongest guy ever that can finish through any contact" and . . .

eGuoIuv.gif

Is not deserving of respect. I like Lebron but this is fucking embarrassing to watch from a guy bitching about how all the fouls on him are flagrants.

Gigglepoo

That plays right into the Warriors gameplan though. The trouble they gave GState last year came out of the necessity of having to play a bunch of hard nosed scrubs like Delladova and Thompson and getting the Warriors off their game. If they want to have a shoot out with the Dubs, good luck.

And that's how OKC beat them in Game 1. You can beat GS by slowing the game down, playing tough defense, and killing them on the boards. But no one has beaten them with small ball.

Delly > Kyrie

Who both earned degrees from the Reggie Miller School of Flop

That's my guy! He also got all the fouls by kicking out his leg. He had no shame.

Resilient

The contrast between "I'm the strongest guy ever that can finish through any contact" and . . .

eGuoIuv.gif

Is not deserving of respect. I like Lebron but this is fucking embarrassing to watch from a guy bitching about how all the fouls on him are flagrants.

i don't think anybody in this thread is arguing that this is not an embarrassing flop tho.

Nearly every star flops. It's the nature of the game these days. When the refs are rewarding them for it, can you blame them? They are doing whatever they can (within the rules) to gain an edge. If the league doesnt like it change the rules or make it more punitary to flop, but otherwise I'm not going to bitch about it.

i don't think anybody in this thread is arguing that this is not an embarrassing flop tho.

You're right, cause we know it's pure clown. But like I said, Lebron will flip from I'm an unstoppable train to I'm paper in the wind and that's what makes it frustrating to watch. But I blame the league. I want suspensions tossed out for blatant flops. Because if they are going to refuse to look at any type of foul call at all, purposely misleading the refs needs to have a legit punishment with it.

Resilient

Nearly every star flops. It's the nature of the game these days. When the refs are rewarding them for it, can you blame them? They are doing whatever they can (within the rules) to gain an edge. If the league doesnt like it change the rules or make it more punitary to flop, but otherwise I'm not going to bitch about it.

nah man. sports is about honour. flopping = im gonna smash my fingers at this keyboard till they bleed.

You're right, cause we know it's pure clown. But like I said, Lebron will flip from I'm an unstoppable train to I'm paper in the wind and that's what makes it frustrating to watch. But I blame the league. I want suspensions tossed out for blatant flops. Because if they are going to refuse to look at any type of foul call at all, purposely misleading the refs needs to have a legit punishment with it.

while i agree that something needs to be done about it, im not sure suspensions (as a blanket) is the way to go about it. it's...a tough thing to punish. flops like that gif? yeah, should be punished, and easy to do so upon review. but calls like that Biyombo pull down, way harder. because you have people that can see it's just..him getting taken off balance and falling, and then other people wanting to see that he flopped. and if a suspension comes out of that play..that's bad for the league. I guess what i'm saying is, a lot of these are too ambiguous to deem a flop. but when they are obvious like that upon review (and there are a good majority that are, no lie), then yeah, i think they should be suspended. cause really, it's a dude having a brain fade and going "Yeah i'm gonna try and sell this". that shit stinks.

Sticky this post!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
And nothing was lost on that flop. The refs used the instant replay system as it was intended and saw it was a flop.

Two Words

And nothing was lost on that flop. The refs used the instant replay system as it was intended and saw it was a flop.
Lebron caused a 5 minute review to occur that wasted time. Let's say 12 million people watched it worldwide. Lebron James just wasted a million man hours. Do you know how much stuff can get done in a million hours?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

Yep, flopping is awful but it works. It's also impossible to officiate these things fairly due to the size differences of players. Lowry flopped near the end and drew an offensive foul, but nobody is talking about that shit. lol

Yep, flopping is awful but it works. It's also impossible to officiate these things fairly due to the size differences of players. Lowry flopped near the end and drew an offensive foul, but nobody is talking about that shit. lol

Actually I called it out if you go look back like 3 pages :/

while i agree that something needs to be done about it, im not sure suspensions (as a blanket) is the way to go about it. it's...a tough thing to punish. flops like that gif? yeah, should be punished, and easy to do so upon review. but calls like that Biyombo pull down, way harder. because you have people that can see it's just..him getting taken off balance and falling, and then other people wanting to see that he flopped. and if a suspension comes out of that play..that's bad for the league. I guess what i'm saying is, a lot of these are too ambiguous to deem a flop. but when they are obvious like that upon review (and there are a good majority that are, no lie), then yeah, i think they should be suspended. cause really, it's a dude having a brain fade and going "Yeah i'm gonna try and sell this". that shit stinks.

The Biyambo one was not a flop. That was a hard foul. No way I would suggest a suspension for that. James def did not flop there. I want suspensions for things that are just obviously players misleading refs. Like that Marcus Smart bullshit in round 1. That should not even be entertained. Or Chris pauls regular bullshit.

chris-paul-ham.gif

It's not fun to watch players not even try to play in the spirit of the game then get a $5k fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom