• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Warriors are 21-5 in the playoffs without Scott Foster and 4-4 with him in the past 2 years.

I don't think you can really blame the officiating on that one...unless the Warriors psyched themselves out about officiating prior to the game. I mean there were two phantom calls on Bogut but even then you can't pin the collapse on the officiating crew for this one.

Fjordson

If Dray gets suspended, I can see Barnes stepping up in a big way. I'm thinking at least 10 points and 6 boards. Can throw in an assist or two as well.

Cipherr

The fouls and suspensions have to do as much with the intentional nature of this stuff as much as it does discouraging the behaviour in the first place IMO.

You are not supposed to kick out like that when taking a shot or whenever. Players still fucking do it, so eat the suspension and the flagrant and let that be a fucking lesson to stop doing that shit.

Whether it was intentional doesn't make any fucking difference. Letting that behaviour skate in the league is going to get someone hurt badly unless you put an end to it.

Really can't wait to see what type of deal Barnes gets this off season.

A max deal. Probably not from the Warriors. It's in the Warriors' best interest to keep their bench intact and replace Barnes with someone cheaper. That bench is the best and deepest in the entire damn league.

lawnchair

Banned
The fouls and suspensions have to do as much with the intentional nature of this stuff as much as it does discouraging the behaviour in the first place IMO.

You are not supposed to kick out like that when taking a shot or whenever. Players still fucking do it, so eat the suspension and the flagrant and let that be a fucking lesson to stop doing that shit.

Whether it was intentional doesn't make any fucking difference. Letting that behaviour skate in the league is going to get someone hurt badly unless you put an end to it.

agreed. if karate-kicking is part of your "flail to get a foul" routine and you accidentally karate kick someone in the balls, you still deserve a suspension.

A max deal. Probably not from the Warriors. It's in the Warriors' best interest to keep their bench intact and replace Barnes with someone cheaper. That bench is the best and deepest in the entire damn league.

Yea at this point I agree.
Personally I expect him to get a max offer from someone. Tough spot for the Warriors. He's restricted, right?

It should come down sometime today.
I believe he is restricted.

UncleMeat

But seriously...what the fuck was Waiters on last night?

Interesting quote from Donovan on Waiters yesterday:
“It took a lot of time to try to talk to Dion. I think in the beginning he had a little bit of a perception that maybe I, in particular, was trying to change his game, so to speak. It wasn’t about changing his game as much as it was about him being efficient and understanding shot-clock situations, understanding what he’s really good at. I think from an efficiency standpoint, just the way everything has gone with analytics now, those pull-up jump shots early, mid-clock, you probably can get those at different points in time. I think for Dion, because of his ability to drive the ball and his ability to pass, him staying away from that I think actually opened up more things for him. I think once he started to see and understand how to do that — again, Dion’s a young player, and when you get to this level by doing something, you think you can kind of stay doing it. But I give Dion a lot of credit that he saw for him to take another jump as a player, here’s something I’ve got to evolve and get better at.”

source

They should just suspend Draymond for a game. He needs to start working all these shenanigans out of his game before it's too late. People are straight up hating on him now and the excuses from him and Kerr after the game didn't come across as genuine.

I think the NBA put themselves in a funny situation. Draymond racked up technicals and I think the officials hesitated to give him some because they knew it would lead to a suspension later and would piss fans off. Now, they suspended Jones and everyone thought it was deserved so if they don't suspend Draymond it's gonna piss people off. So there's no way the NBA can escape pissing people off haha.

lawnchair

Banned
They should just suspend Draymond for a game. He needs to start working all these shenanigans out of his game before it's too late. People are straight up hating on him now and the excuses from him and Kerr after the game didn't come across as genuine.

I think the NBA put themselves in a funny situation. Draymond racked up technicals and I think the officials hesitated to give him some because they knew it would lead to a suspension later and would piss fans off. Now, they suspended Jones and everyone thought it was deserved so if they don't suspend Draymond it's gonna piss people off. So there's no way the NBA can escape pissing people off haha.

hopefully the nba has the balls to do the right thing

Jarate

Banned
Draymond is a dirty player, I can see why, he plays a lot bigger then he is. I don't want him to get suspended, but dude should be fined for kicking a dude in the nuts like that. Like, he deserves to get punished, but that's some weak ass shit if Warriors dont get him for a game

Dude should pay Steven Adams straight up for that shit.

Also, people were hating on the Billy Donovan hire, but it's looking really good right about now.

Luke gonna bring Brian Shaw over as his lead assistant with the Lakers. He was Luke's top choice and supposedly is great at working with and developing young players even though he sort of flamed out as a HC. Seems like a good guy to have as an assistant. Wonder who if anyone Luke will bring over from the Warriors on his staff. Jarron Collins is the guy I keep hearing mentioned.

Also supposedly Kerr is trying to woo Stephen Silas (who is so hot right now in coaching circles) to replace Luke on the Golden State staff. Silas is getting some head coaching consideration this offseason though.

Bread

Banned
It's amazing how people can still state his intentions with absolute certainty despite the contradictory evidence we have seen today and his past behavior.
Where did I state his intentions? Did he not blatantly kick Adams in the nuts?

I don't care if he meant to do it or not, he's reckless and what he did deserves a punishment

BumRush

It's amazing how people can still state his intentions with absolute certainty despite the contradictory evidence we have seen today and his past behavior.

Dude had 17 technicals this year between the Reg and Post-season. Let's not act like he has a squeaky clean reputation here.

I mean his past behavior of kicking his leg out at thin air.

But he knew there was a dude standing RIGHT in front of him...

I don't think it was intentional, being that Draymond has shown a tendency of kicking like that in the past. But I can't be mad if they suspend him for it. *shrugs*

As for LeBron's flop, it was a flop no doubt. But I think the reason he wasn't fined or acknowledged by the league is because despite his ridiculous exaggeration, he did take contact to his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom