• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

Yes and as time goes on the Wiggins trade is proving to be one of the most mesmerizingly moronic moves ever in any sport.
It's not like Wiggins is a plus player right now. Time will tell though. Wolves have big-time potential though especially if they land Dunn. Young and stacked with talent.

Tonight is it man. Biggest game of Curry's career maybe. Same with Dray and Klay. Think the series is essentially over if OKC goes up 3-1.

I just want to hear how brutal the OKC crowd is going to be when Draymond gets the ball. This game is going to be entertaining as all hell because I can't imagine GS accepting another blow out or even a loss at any cost.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Yea thunder win tonight and its over. Curry Klay and Draymond need to play lights out and iggy needs to start along with ezeli.
No way. I'm not counting them out until it's over. Kinda amusing to me how many people seem to be sleeping on the defending champs.

It's not like Wiggins is a plus player right now. Time will tell though. Wolves have big-time potential though especially if they land Dunn. Young and stacked with talent.

Raptors fans appreciate the development time the Wolves staff have put into our Wiggins. No growing pains when he gets here.

I don't think he's elite yet, but Wiggins is 20 years old, averaged over 20 PPG and improved considerably on his efficiency from his rookie season. The potential is scary there and Kevin Love looks like ass and is probably one of the 5 worst defenders in the NBA. Lebron shouldn't ever be allowed to act as a GM again.

Bread

Banned
The Wiggins trade was absolutely the right decision. Young guys rarely develop quickly enough to be impact players in the playoffs. Love is underwhelming but if you have a past 30 Lebron you have to go with the win now decision.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Lol what? I said in Miami.

Guy is now 31 and declining athletically.

Its not like you can flip a switch and dominate like that. Most of his best games are past him at this point. Maybe if he had a team like this in his first MVP years but Lebron is old now and will have to pick and choose nights he goes all out. He will flame out quickly trying to go hard every game.

He's not that old, he's only 31 and he's never gone through mayor injury.

The Wiggins trade was absolutely the right decision. Young guys rarely develop quickly enough to be impact players in the playoffs. Love is underwhelming but if you have a past 30 Lebron you have to go with the win now decision.
The real answer is that they should have traded Wiggins for something other than Love who is getting outperformed by Frye, a guy they got for a trade exception.

I agree that when you can make a trade to bring your team closer to a championship, you absolutely have to do it. Love was just the wrong player though.

Fjordson

Man I saw a Warriors writer on twitter mention earlier that the Warriors could have drafted Rudy Gobert in 2013. Part of a larger conversation about how Golden State's frontcourt is becoming pretty inconsistent outside of Draymond.

Dubs definitely need some young talent soon, or at least younger than what they got. They haven't hit on anything since 2012, and one of those guys (Barnes) may be gone soon.

When you come in out of high school 31 is a little older than it sounds. I mean Lebron is still great, but this is year 13 already and he has an insane amount of mileage when you factor in all the Olympics play and deep playoff runs.

He's got major mileage on his body. Maybe he's another Karl Malone who will just defy Father Time but most guys, even greats, start to break down when they hit the minutes and games played numbers LeBron has hit, especially when you factor in 5 straight deep playoff runs and his Olympic stuff in the summer.

Bread

Banned
So much hindsight bias. Love was regarded as a great player while in Minnesota and his play style fits well with Lebron.

rambis

Banned
KLove is having a bad series but are we going to act like he wasnt just torching ATL just last round? Now he needs to be traded.

Really glad non of yall make livings as a GM because...

Fjordson

I think Dubs can win this series if they win tonight, but I don't like the matchup at all for GS going forward. Durant has done a great job on Draymond for the most part and even our usual small ball advantage seems nonexistent against OKC's smaller lineups. Couple all that with Steph not being MVP-level Steph and I'm feeling pretty gloomy about their chances.

I think the biggest problem of the Love Wiggins trade is that it gives you a big three with two out of three that can't play defense. That wasn't the case with other big threes that won championships like Boston, Miami, GS, etc. And if Love is off on offense, he really contributes nothing (rebounding maybe, but that's not enough). Sure, Kyrie can have an off game like he did in game 3, but it certainly happens a lot less than Love having one.

Gigglepoo

Before the trade, I said it was stupid because LeBron is getting old and having Wiggins around to guard the other team's best wing scorer would be more important than what Love would provide on the offensive end. I stand by that. This team needed more defense, not offense.

Tom Penny

Before the trade, I said it was stupid because LeBron is getting old and having Wiggins around to guard the other team's best wing scorer would be more important than what Love would provide on the offensive end. I stand by that. This team needed more defense, not offense.
Wiggins sucks at defense. Just sayin

There's no guarantee Wiggins would have developed the same way in Cleveland, with all the pressure of playing with LeBron and on a title contender, as he did in Minny where nobody really cares if you win or lose. I mean, it's not like he's a franchise type player yet even with the Wolves.

Love was the wrong player. Even win now I would rather pay a peanuts contract for one of the nost freakishly athletic talents in recent memory to come off the bench and pay softer contract on solid role players than all thry gave up for Love. People may disagree but long term and short term I think it was a fucking horrible deal. Rookie Wiggins was a way better defender than Love.

Even now they still really dont know what to do with Love and the team is fucking horrible defensively.

Love was just a poor fit as a third option guy. You need your third option to be a more rounded player because he's never going to get the touches to maximize his impact when he is on the same team as Lebron and Kyrie. Love's inability to hold up defensively at the 5 also makes him a poor complement to Lebron who needs minutes at the 4 and that was already apparent 2 years ago. We already knew then that Lebron was essentially a 4 and thrived playing next to a big like Bosh, except Love can't handle the Bosh role on defense.

Gigglepoo

The main point is that, when you already have Kyrie, you need to find defensive help. Starting two minus defenders is a recipe for disaster. I may have overrated Wiggins' defensive ability (I only read about his game since I don't watch college ball) but I was right that the Cavs weakness was (and still is) defense and they should fill that hole.

This is not a hindsight insight. This is LeBron being a bad GM.

Did you see the Thunder get stumped by the Spurs in game 1 and come back to win the series

Final score means nothing, GS only has to win one game in OKC and they take back home court

I didn't know playoff series were decided by one game. Thunder got blown out in game 2, they blow them out in game 3...what am I supposed to be seeing other than one was more recent?
Don't see how any of this changes what i said. Nobody is sleeping in the warriors but game 3 exposed a lot of deep flaws in their game.

Win first 2 games in a blowout fashion
Lose 2 in a row
skip1.png
skip1.png

J2 Cool

The mistake ia not trading Wiggins, but trading for Love. They could have gotten a much better player for a highly valuable at that time Wiggins.

Everyone was fooled with Love. Guy was 25/14 as the man for Minnesota. People expected pts to go down some, and effeciency to go up.

Don't see how any of this changes what i said. Nobody is sleeping in the warriors but game 3 exposed a lot of deep flaws in their game.

I think the main problem with game 3 is that Draymond had a bad game and rather than taking a break and figuring out how to contribute, he got more and more desparate and doubled down on BS and continually made things worse.

Also Bogut has been getting in foul trouble early on since the Portland games and he's a freakin starter. This deep in the playoffs you can't have an ineffective starter. Barnes didn't put up good numbers either but at least he could be on the floor. Curry and Klay put up numbers similar to game 2 but without any production from the rest of the starters then there's no chance in hell when all OKCs starters were contributing.

Gigglepoo

LeBron isn't a GM. He doesn't have much power over the cavs. Blaming him for personnel moves is nonsensical.

You really think they would have given a near-maximum contract to Tristan Thompson if LeBron didn't want him? You really think they would have gotten rid of Wiggins and brought in Love if LeBron didn't want him? You really think they would have canned the coach midseason if LeBron wasn't alright with it?

Yes, we exaggerate LeBron's influence by saying he actually is the GM, but if you think they're doing these moves without his consent, you're crazy.

KLove is having a bad series but are we going to act like he wasnt just torching ATL just last round? Now he needs to be traded.

Really glad non of yall make livings as a GM because...

We live in a what have you done for me lately era. KD could win the championship this year and be a washed up bum next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom