• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Words

Can we get some GIFs of Lebron not taking advantage of posting up Lowry in the fourth? I honestly don't get how he didn't just crush that situation.

Undefined

this raptors team has way surpassed my expectations.
I am floored right now. Like what they have done right now is more shocking than anything that has happened these playoffs so far.

I really thought it would be an easy sweep for cavaliers.
And then when raps won last game i was already surprised as fuck.
And tonight...I got no words.

I still really dont think they will win the ECF...but if they did I would be scared.
And if they won the championship the whole nba would explode.

neptunes

Its like I said, when LeBron can't train into people and have to rely on his jumper late into his career it will be worse than Kobes final years

same when Westbrook loses his speed

It'll be ugly, especially Westbrook, but he still has time to change.

But Bron's tendencies have been more rigid.

this raptors team has way surpassed my expectations.
I am floored right now. Like what they have done right now is more shocking than anything that has happened these playoffs so far.

I really thought it would be an easy sweep for cavaliers.
And then when raps won last game i was already surprised as fuck.
And tonight...I got no words.

I still really dont think they will win the ECF...but if they did I would be scared.
And if they won the championship the whole nba would explode.

Yeah that is fair, Raps winning two games in the ECF or Okc beating the Spurs I don't really know.
I certainly thought Okc was gonna lose that series

Two Words

Not sure if it was mentioned before, but that fan that was kicked out was done so by the refs for complaining at them.

also in this case he was getting doubled constantly, all of those entailed him trying to back someone up one on one

Yeah, but I felt like he took his sweet time and allowed the double to come to him. There's no reason that once he catches it in the post that he shouldn't make a quick move.

Yeah, but I felt like he took his sweet time and allowed the double to come to him. There's no reason that once he catches it in the post that he shouldn't make a quick move.

also true. just saying it's not as simple as him not being able to back down lowry, because part of it's him playing passive as hell :p

Dammit I wish I was a hardcore Raptors or Jays fan. The only team I religiously follow is the Leafs and it has been 14 years since the Leafs made it to the 2nd round, 12 years since they made it past the 1st round. Meanwhile the Raptors somehow has tied the Conference Finals against Lebron/Cleveland and the Jays had their awesome season/playoffs last year.

Cheer on the Shark. It's like a piece of the Leafs made the playoffs :)

I called this series being competitive in the thread before it started. No one wants to admit Toronto is a legitimately good team but if they play their best ball they are capable of beating all the best teams in the league.

I said if Toronto won this game they will win the series. Let's see if that happens. The longer this drags out the more in favor it is for Toronto. Cleveland's defense is fucking awful. It was awful in games 1 & 2, its still awful. They are going to have a hell of a time stopping legitimately high powered offenses in GSW and OKC.

J2 Cool

Really think Cleveland's just a couple figured out lineups away. I would really not play JR, with under 10 minutes in the 4th quarter, again this series. How long until you just say no more on a guy? Jefferson, Frye, and Delly have to stay involved, and they didn't know how to keep RJ and Delly in the game under 5 minutes. Love needs to take on a reduced role and rebound.

I really think Toronto has a puncher's chance, especially with JV coming. Really didn't expect this, but they've gelled. And Toronto homecourt g6 would be hell for Cavs to walk into.

Lebron can't hit 3s anymore.
It is just shocking.

Nope. That unbridled confidence part of his career is over.

Greatest GIF of all time! from realGM
K6A9A42.gif

I called this series being competitive in the thread before it started. No one wants to admit Toronto is a legitimately good team but if they play their best ball they are capable of beating all the best teams in the league.

I said if Toronto won this game they will win the series. Let's see if that happens. The longer this drags out the more in favor it is for Toronto. Cleveland's defense is fucking awful. It was awful in games 1 & 2, its still awful. They are going to have a hell of a time stopping legitimately high powered offenses in GSW and OKC.

So did I.

Let's see some of the responses I got:

It's not only based on regular season though since that doesn't really tell the complete story. The raptors have had to play 14 games in the same time frame the cavs have only played 8 while the raptors also have 3 overtimes in there as well. They have a couple of injuries which wears down the other players in the squad. The sheer numbers of the games is going to catch the Raptors who are doing this for the first time.

when the east is all said and done the pistons will have been the most competitive series for the cavs

This Raptors team is ass. Cavs in 4.

Dammit I wish I was a hardcore Raptors or Jays fan. The only team I religiously follow is the Leafs and it has been 14 years since the Leafs made it to the 2nd round, 12 years since they made it past the 1st round. Meanwhile the Raptors somehow has tied the Conference Finals against Lebron/Cleveland and the Jays had their awesome season/playoffs last year.

It's kind of surreal being a hardcore Toronto sports fan and cheering for the Blue Jays and Raptors because they are very well liked by neutral fans whereas the Leafs are hated on by everyone. When they suck, they're the laughingstock of the league and when they are good, people call us chokers.

Really weird as a Toronto native to have a lovable plucky underdog narrative on my teams.

trixx

Idk if Jonas may be as good in this series. Biyombo is somehoe stopping Cleveland from dominating the paint. Yeah Jonas wouldgrab rebounds and score points but I don't think his defence is nearly as good as Biyombo's. Seriously if Biyombo develops his offensive game he could be one of the biggest in the league. Or he could bust.

Also, if Coach Kerr doesn't start Iguodala next game, i don't know what to say. Seriously on any team in the league Igoudala would be a starter. He's probably the best defender on the team and probably the best ability to get into the paint. Let him play his game and not the jumpshots/threes. He's probably best bet against Durant

Fjordson

My "analysis" is often wrong, but I called Biyombo being a potential advantage for TOR before the series. Dude is good. Could use him in Golden State right now tbh.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I know conventional wisdom is a 3-1 series spells defeat but it wouldn't surprise me if they lost game 4 and caught fire at home in game five. Confidence could easily send this team on a hot streak. Shooting is everything. If Klay and Steph start hitting the rest of the team gets much easier shots. It all snowballs from there and things get ugly fast for their opponents. The question is if OKC can prevent it? I saw a ton of missed shots Sunday. Most of which were fairly uncontested. This series will ultimately come down to Steph being Steph. I'm pretty sure he won't go down without a fight. Hope his knee holds up.

Brinbe

HOLY SHIT, WE ACTUALLY DID IT. I'LL BE READY FOR FRIDAY WHEN WE CLOSE THIS BITCH OUT. Haters and doubters in shambles right now.

Q72WGqL.png

Fuck the haters.

The raptors and Toronto got no respect even after having a great season and beating 2 good teams in the playoffs. Tied series, I wonder what bs those people are saying now.

GnawtyDog

Banned
I feel sorry for whichever team makes it out East. Kinda like the early 2000s.. WCF are the real finals.

Trash brothers showing up at home at least has been nice to see.. no doubt.

Congratulations. You should be on ESPN.

I still think this Raptors team sucks ass, wasn't expecting Kevin Love to just disappear for 2 games.

You don't get it.

You haven't been watching Raptors games aside from the Sportscenter highlight packages and maybe a few games on days when no other team was playing. Our offense has looked bad this playoff but our defense has been consistently great across the board to the point where Indiana and Miami looked worse than us offensively. But instead of giving credit where credit is due, everyone who wrote us off just chalked that up to those teams being bad and the Raptors being less bad. Now that we've held the Cavaliers to under 100 in two consecutive games, people need to take notice to our great defense instead of just writing off poor shooting performances as players being garbage.

That's was why I was saying this series is gonna be way more competitive than people think. I still think by the way that LeBron will turn it on and become unstoppable but the Raptors have made a lot of people look like fools by guaranteeing that this series goes deep.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Thompson, Love, and JR were just awful. I said it before everything started, that for better or worse, JR Smith the was the key. If he's not hitting threes, Cavs get shook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom