• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Love to just disappear for 2 games.

He was being played way more aggressively and was getting fucking decimated on the defensive end by 36 year old Scola. If you thought his game 3 performance was an oddity I dunno if you even watched the game. The Raps rotations and doubling of Lebron as he drives to the post has been devasting to Cleveland's offense. It wasn't luck, the Raps made legit adjustments and Cleveland failed to get it together. Even Kyrie this game was hitting tough contested shots. Cleveland nade zero adjustments to their game until the 4th.

bigred50

I still think this Raptors team sucks ass, wasn't expecting Kevin Love to just disappear for 2 games.

The Raptors are playing with their BACKUP centre.

The Raptors have played every other night for the past 3.5 weeks.

The Raptors have already played 2 x 7 game series in this playoffs.

The Raptors are starting Luis Scola. Luis. Scola.

I'd say they've been pretty damn good, all things considered.

rambis

Banned
I feel sorry for whichever team makes it out East. Kinda like the early 2000s.. WCF are the real finals.

Trash brothers showing up at home at least has been nice to see.. no doubt.
Please, stop. GSW is playing uneven just like they were in the Finals last year. OKC and their sucky offense can go cold just like they have earlier this playoffs.

People really need to stop with the knee jerky unstoppable team narratives. These remaining 4 teams are all in the same class mostly. Get a grip.

I'd also like to point out that the Raptors are 1-1 vs the Thunder, 1-1 vs the Spurs, 3-1 vs the Cavs, 2-0 vs the Clippers. People act like they're a 7th seed when they won 56 games this year. If we met OKC in the finals, we'd have home court advantage. We have definitely shown we can beat any of the elite teams - except the Warriors (and both those games went down to the wire) on any given night. L

TheFlow

Banned
BRUH I am not a fan of the Raptors but I can't help but be happy for Canadians. plus I love drake :p

I am kinda scared for the warriors

I feel sorry for whichever team makes it out East. Kinda like the early 2000s.. WCF are the real finals.

Trash brothers showing up at home at least has been nice to see.. no doubt.

The playoffs have showed that GS is mortal. And there has been one good game in the WCF so far. Cleveland is the better equiped team for those 2 teams but both OKC and GS do not look unbeatable at all so far.

In April had you said Spurs would miss the WCF, Warriors would be down to the Thunder and the Cavs would be totally exposed by the Raptors everyone would laugh you outta the building. So I dunno why everyone is still so confident in these predictions of a west blowout.

I know everyone has this obession with the whole "The East is Trash" narrative but only GS was undefeated in the reg season by the remaining teams and OKC is kicking their shit in right now so how is that even relevant? 4 of the top 5 teams this reg season are playing right now. Can we stop acting like every team besides GS is trash?

rambis

Banned
Those were all before he had that summer where he supposedly developed a post game.
Supposedly? Lebron in Miami was a top 5 or 10 post up scorer on top of shooting 40% from 3. Given the way hes blitzed the league from the post this year I do have to wonder what the hell you are going on about lol.

Really huge letdown as a Cavs fan. Actually let myself believe we had a chance in the Finals when we were 10-0 in the playoffs. What a difference two games make. Now game 5 is essentially a must win because apparently we can't win in Toronto, so we'll have to win it in 7. And a series that looked like a sweep. Amazing how game 4 mirrored game 3: down by 3 after the first quarter, then getting blown out in the second. I kept thinking to myself, "we aren't really doing this again, are we?" Only this time, we actually came back and somehow led for a minute. Props to Toronto, they survived the onslaught and were simply on fire in the fourth. But yeah, if we make it in the Finals, we are screwed. We need all of the big 3 on point to have a chance. Instead, you have Love looking weak and getting shown up by Frye.

nillah

Banned
Got to remember this is a Toronto team that battled and beat the Heat.
Cavs look fucked up right now but so do the Warriors.

Two Words

Supposedly? Lebron in Miami was a top 5 or 10 post up scorer on top of shooting 40% from 3. Given the way hes blitzed the league from the post this year I do have to wonder what the hell you are going on about lol.
Didn't realize Lowry was a top 5 post defender then...

Lebron is so weird. Some nights he'll give you just enough to keep it close so the teammates can win the game but if they go down 3-2 he's gonna drop 45/20/15. Why not turn it up like every time its close late in the game?

Lebron still a great post and 1 on 1 player but he has no killer instinct. When he had Lowry on him I was in panic mode because that should be easy 2s but he just passed it out. Like why are you not taking that in? Cause he looks scared as fuck to take the shots to win games.

Its been like that his whole career. When he needs to take over he defers. And its a terrible trait.

KingBroly

Banned

Warriors are facing a tougher matchup for themselves right now than Cleveland is. I dunno if Cleveland is taking Toronto lightly or what, but Game 3 shook them and Game 4 was like 'what happened?'

rambis

Banned
Lol what? I said in Miami.

Guy is now 31 and declining athletically.
Lebron is so weird. Some nights he'll give you just enough to keep it close so the teammates can win the game but if they go down 3-2 he's gonna drop 45/20/15. Why not turn it up like every time its close late in the game?
Its not like you can flip a switch and dominate like that. Most of his best games are past him at this point. Maybe if he had a team like this in his first MVP years but Lebron is old now and will have to pick and choose nights he goes all out. He will flame out quickly trying to go hard every game.

Two Words

Lol what? I said in Miami.

Guy is now 31 and declining athletically.

Its not like you can flip a switch and dominate like that. Most of his best games are past him at this point. Maybe if he had a team like this in his first MVP years but Lebron is old now and will have to pick and choose nights he goes all out. He will flame out quickly trying to go hard every game.
Lowry was practically at a 45 degree angle to fight off Lebron. It would have been an easy take in the post for him. If Lebron's athleticism has declined to the point that he can't take advantage of Lowry in the post, then he's got serious problems.

What does that mean?

Cavs were beaten yesterday. Warriors got DESTROYED. They finally ran into a team that pushed them around some.

All day Sunday they were comparing the 90s Bulls and the Warriors, wondering who would win. Sunday's game made it official - Bulls would Annihilate them.

Anth0ny

HOLY SHIT, WE ACTUALLY DID IT. I'LL BE READY FOR FRIDAY WHEN WE CLOSE THIS BITCH OUT. Haters and doubters in shambles right now.

Q72WGqL.png

damn that's a good price for tickets

if we actually make it to the finals I'm going to a game, regardless of price

What does that mean?

Cavs were beaten yesterday. Warriors got DESTROYED. They finally ran into a team that pushed them around some.

All day Sunday they were comparing the 90s Bulls and the Warriors, wondering who would win. Sunday's game made it official - Bulls would Annihilate them.

To be fair the 72 win Bulls team lost by 21 points to the Sonics in one game in the finals. It's not like they never had a bad game.

rambis

Banned
Lowry was practically at a 45 degree angle to fight off Lebron. It would have been an easy take in the post for him. If Lebron's athleticism has declined to the point that he can't take advantage of Lowry in the post, then he's got serious problems.
No, Lowry`s center of gravity is much lower than Lebrons. Unless Lebron just mows him down Lebron would have to lower himself to Lowrys level to back him down. And thats probably alot harder for a 31 year old with back problems.

This is like basic post fundamentals. Smaller doesnt mean easier to back down automatically...

Gigglepoo

No, Lowry`s center of gravity is much lower than Lebrons. Unless Lebron just mows him down Lebron would have to lower himself to Lowrys level to back him down. And thats probably alot harder for a 31 year old with back problems.

This is like basic post fundamentals. Smaller doesnt mean easier to back down automatically...

I guess that's why teams always stuck their point guards on Karl Malone, right? Then he'd just pass out of any post-up situation.

Heck I was too, someone told me Kevin Love learned how to play defense. I was deceived..what a liability every team should go at him if given the chance.

Ah you're not the only one, we all heard the wondrous tales of yore of how Kevin Love isn't a bad defender. That's a staple in today's NBA and we've all been tricked at some point, but the truth is that Love is a fucking atrocious defender.

ViciousDS

Banned
21 in the Finals to the Sonics, which was after they went up 3-0 and had the series pretty much won.

This will also be the 3rd playoff loss for the Warriors, which is as many games as those Bulls lost in the entire postseason.

21 with 35 total points.

To be fair the 72 win Bulls team lost by 21 points to the Sonics in one game in the finals. It's not like they never had a bad game.

You do realize what that Sonics team was right? A team that blew out the rockets with Hakeem Olajuwon, and beat a hell of a Utah Jazz team just to get to the bulls.

Bulls lost by a total of 35 points in the entire playoffs and 21 of the 35 came from Seattle. The bulls had that one bad game.....but the series was already 3-0.....it was fucking sealed. This series is wide open still.....and they have a bad game pressured 1-1.

Tonight is it man. Biggest game of Curry's career maybe. Same with Dray and Klay. Think the series is essentially over if OKC goes up 3-1.

lol. These time traveling team vs. team arguments need to stop. So dumb.
Yea thunder win tonight and its over. Curry Klay and Draymond need to play lights out and iggy needs to start along with ezeli.

rambis

Banned
LeBron has about 8 inches and 50 pounds on Lowry. There's no excuse for not crushing him in the post.
He could crush him easily and get an offensive foul. That's my point. Its not like its a regular occurrence and Lowry is actually checking Lebron. Most of the hawks players are far bigger than Lowry and he had no problem paotong them, same for Detroit.

But I guess Lebron just got space jammed amirite?

I guess that's why teams always stuck their point guards on Karl Malone, right? Then he'd just pass out of any post-up situation.
Gonna guess you're being sarcastic because this is idiotic.

random25

Ah you're not the only one, we all heard the wondrous tales of yore of how Kevin Love isn't a bad defender. That's a staple in today's NBA and we've all been tricked at some point, but the truth is that Love is a fucking atrocious defender.

Kevin Love is just not a good player overall. He's an empty stats guy in T'wolves before coming to Cleveland. And he's really getting exposed right now.

Kevin Love is just not a good player overall. He's an empty stats guy in T'wolves before coming to Cleveland. And he's really getting exposed right now.

Yes and as time goes on the Wiggins trade is proving to be one of the most mesmerizingly moronic moves ever in any sport.

Really think Cleveland's just a couple figured out lineups away. I would really not play JR, with under 10 minutes in the 4th quarter, again this series. How long until you just say no more on a guy? Jefferson, Frye, and Delly have to stay involved, and they didn't know how to keep RJ and Delly in the game under 5 minutes. Love needs to take on a reduced role and rebound.

I really think Toronto has a puncher's chance, especially with JV coming. Really didn't expect this, but they've gelled. And Toronto homecourt g6 would be hell for Cavs to walk into.

Nope. That unbridled confidence part of his career is over.

As is the skill.

Two Words

It means he can shoot over him like a chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom