• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

Seeing a lot of stuff both from the team and posted in this thread about GS missing quality looks, rushing shots and turning the ball over too much. I think they'd better focus on the other side of the ball first if they want to have any chance of winning 3 in a row. OKC could have scored into the 140's each of the last 2 games if they'd needed to.

True. I think it was Zach Lowe who said they should stick Curry on Waiters/Roberson, Klay on Westrbrook, Green on Durant, and just beat them. I agree. No more gimmicks. This was a top five defense and they've look putrid and that goes down to effort and game planning. Hopefully Kerr at least puts them in the right spots tonight.

phanphare

Banned
True. I think it was Zach Lowe who said they should stick Curry on Waiters/Roberson, Klay on Westrbrook, Green on Durant, and just beat them. I agree. No more gimmicks. This was a top five defense and they've look putrid and that goes down to effort and game planning. Hopefully Kerr at least puts them in the right spots tonight.

the top defense in the NBA wasn't enough either

okc salivating right now, from the spurs to the warriors to the cavs each defense gets progressively worse

Gigglepoo

the top defense in the NBA wasn't enough either

okc salivating right now, from the spurs to the warriors to the cavs each defense gets progressively worse

I feel like the Warriors have better athletes than the Spurs, though. Other than Leonard, no one else can keep up with the Thunder, whereas the Warriors would be able to at least slow them down.

CjZ5FyfUoAAvwAE.jpg:large

Anthony Davis just lost $24,000,000.

Fjordson

I guess my point is there's not really an adjustment right now for the Warriors to make that'll completely change the game. They gotta take care of the ball and take advantage of the good looks. I dunno if they can do that for 3 straight games even if they manage to do it tonight.
Agreed. I really don't know how to read this series at this point.

I'm going to the game tonight and just hoping we can extend it one more time. I don't have much hope after that but it'd be nice to at least make it to a game 6.

Harden not making All NBA is laughable

I agree, but a lot of that has to do with narrative. The Rockets had a supposed "super-team" this year; everyone expected them to challenge GS, SA and OKC for the upper echelon of the conference. Instead they limped into the playoffs and were given a quick exit. That's not necessarily on Harden, but voters pay attention to that when they fill out their ballots. Curry, Westbrook and Paul were all better than Harden this year, Lillard took a worse team to a better record, Klay Thompson set the "not Steph Curry" record for threes this year, and Kyle Lowry is a token East-Coaster because having the entire All-NBA backcourt come from a single conference doesn't play well. I would've bumped Lowry for Harden, personally, but I can see why Harden didn't make the cut.

kaiju

Agreed. I really don't know how to read this series at this point.

I'm going to the game tonight and just hoping we can extend it one more time. I don't have much hope after that but it'd be nice to at least make it to a game 6.

I hope you follow Kerr's advice and get there early:

CjWuObWUkAAzmpH.jpg:large

Bay Area fans are notorious for showing up late to games, whether it be NBA, MLB or NFL. I'm guilty of this also, as it can take a while to get to a game during prime time traffic.

Kerr's use of caps to drill that message home is something, haha.

Enjoy the game Fjordson! I believe the Dubs will bounce back with a big win tonight.

Cheebo

Banned
I hope you follow Kerr's advice and get there early:

CjWuObWUkAAzmpH.jpg:large

Bay Area fans are notorious for showing up late to games, whether it be NBA, MLB or NFL. I'm guilty of this also, as it can take a while to get to a game during prime time traffic.

Kerr's use of caps to drill that message home is something, haha.

Enjoy the game Fjordson! I believe the Dubs will bounce back with a big win tonight.
There is no chance Kerr wrote that himself lol.

kaiju

I am sure videodyssey was just being sarcastic. I hope.

No, I believe Kerr wrote it. This is the email he sent to GSW ticket holders yesterday:

Tomorrow night we face our first must win game of the season. We are excited to be back on Warriors Ground, playing in front of the best fans in the NBA, and we will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to reach the goal we have been fighting for all season.

Your energy and passion fuels our fire, from the Opening Tip to the Final Buzzer. So we urge Dub Nation to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to be at Oracle Arena early – long before game time – and help provide the best home court advantage in the league. Doors open at 4:00 p.m. and tipoff is at 6:00 p.m.

We can’t wait to see you tomorrow afternoon on Warriors Ground. Let’s have some fun!

Coach Kerr

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news-blogs/kerr-note-20160525

There is no chance Kerr wrote that himself lol.

I believe it. Dude says a lot of corny shit and that seems to fit the bill. Also sounds like, like the one poster up above mentioned, that he's prepared to unleash the dirt bag Drummond Green to his full Bruce Bowen potential.

What you think are ankle braces are actually ankle weights. Curry gonna drop them to the floor like Lee from Naruto and go balls out. Only Draymond can do anything about it.

Cheebo

Banned
Warriors will win tonight. I just can't see them losing this one.

Series will be decided in game 6. If Warriors win that it's over, no way they lose a game 7 at home.

Problem is OKC is pretty damn good at home this post season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom