• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
GS outplayed them the first 2 and OKC outplayed them the last 2?
Really, GSW outplayed them game 1? I think I must've watched a different game. I seem to remember OKC dominating the 2nd half and winning the game?

Anyway, hoping for a good one game 6.

OKC is not disciplined. They play like having two top 5 players would but it can sting you when you need other guys to contribute. They never get the chance.
I might accept this line of reasoning if I hadn't just seen them dominate the Spurs and now (mostly) dominate the Warriors. They weren't disciplined tonight.

spyder_ur

12-31 for KD, and 11-28 for YNB. Cant imagine we see that again in game 6

If they shoot 60 times combined again, that's a bad sign for OKC.

People love saying 'we won't see that again', then it happens again and a team is out of a playoff series. Putting a basketball in a hoop against 6'8 monsters is hard.

Watch the matchups - see how the teams are reacting to each other.

bionic77

The Thunders two stars have consistently been the best two players on the court.

I don't see that changing in game 6. Going to be very tough for the Warriors.

TTG

This is how I thought the series was going to go, well with Curry and Klay shooting a bit better than 5-17 from 3. Durant and Russ combine for 70+, get other people open. Defensively it's a wash, which I don't think anyone expected.

Anyway, the Warriors find themselves in the unenviable position of counting on Steph to have 40 next game. It seems unlikely.

Tom Penny

Looking at shit in a vacuum OKC has played better overall for sure. It's irrelevant at this point though . They do have the luxury of a one game cushion.

The Thunders two stars have consistently been the best two players on the court.

I don't see that changing in game 6. Going to be very tough for the Warriors.
Agreed.

Though, Donovan needs to ration their minutes better. but I think he'll notice if he watches the film.

KD especially was running on fumes for the last few minutes.

Im really not convinced the Warriors are gonna be able to nut up for Game 6 in that arena. OKC is going to come out firing on all cylinders like they always do and I'm not sure if the Warriors have the resolve to weather the storm. Sure didnt in game 3&4.

OKC by 20

Tom Penny

I might accept this line of reasoning if I hadn't just seen them dominate the Spurs and now (mostly) dominate the Warriors. They weren't disciplined tonight.

That's how they always play. They just happen to have two top 5 players. No other team can say that. Bigger margin for error. I'd say at minimal 75% of the games is the same thing. YNB and Durant taking turns. It is what it is and it generally works.

Hopefully C.Webb won't be at game 6

his commentary is trash tier

i like Cwebb :(

as for the warriors, i don't think they'll win game 6. okc's crowd is going to be rockin' and they haven't sniffed the thunder in okc yet in the series. steph is going to have to go nuts for the warriors to have a chance. it could happen but i doubt it!

bionic77

i like Cwebb :(

as for the warriors, i don't think they'll win game 6. okc's crowd is going to be rockin' and they haven't sniffed the thunder in okc yet in the series. steph is going to have to go nuts for the warriors to have a chance. it could happen but i doubt it!
They need MVP Curry, Green or Klay and one other guy to step up.

They can do it but I would not get on it.

jmizzal

Why do people keep saying the Warriors are making excusing saying Curry is hurt? Only people saying hes hurt is the media and fans.

Barkley and C-Webb both claiming the Warriors are saying hes hurt, Kerr flat out said hes not hurt

Lunar FC

Why do people keep saying the Warriors are making excusing saying Curry is hurt? Only people saying hes hurt is the media and fans.

Barkley and C-Webb both claiming the Warriors are saying hes hurt, Kerr flat out said hes not hurt

Yeah they haven't said anything. But if they lose the series we all know a report will come out in July saying he was playing injured.

Owzers

I thought this was the usual Thunder team that i don't like watching, KD and Westbrook going to the basket and praying, taking turns each possession to test their luck.

Ric Flair

Banned
I thought this was the usual Thunder team that i don't like watching, KD and Westbrook going to the basket and praying, taking turns each possession to test their luck.

Mm, it worked for the most part until they started turning the ball over every other possession. They were within striking distance until the last 6 or so minutes of the 4th quarter.

edit: Actually, they might have lost it at the start of the 4th even.

That's how they always play. They just happen to have two top 5 players. No other team can say that. Bigger margin for error. I'd say at minimal 75% of the games is the same thing. YNB and Durant taking turns. It is what it is and it generally works.
I mean, I've watched all these games, I see what they're doing. But calling them undisciplined is false, they locked GSW out of the transition game and dominated the series for 2 quarters of game 1 and every minute they've played in OKC.

J2 Cool

Game 6 is going to be high pressure for OKC. I think they take it, but they have to start better. They never found that fluidity tonight. I think the role players are obviously key. Kanter, Dion, and Roberson.

Gonna miss the TNT crew after the WCF. Big time.

Ric Flair

Banned
I mean, I've watched all these games, I see what they're doing. But calling them undisciplined is false, they locked GSW out of the fastbreak game and dominated the series for 2 quarters of game 1 and every minute they've played in OKC.

GS looked much better on Offense tonight, I dunno. I think if they come out with the same game plan in OKC, they're in for an upset. Adams has played so well these last couple games, get him more involved. Same with Ibaka, don't give up on him so quickly. The Thunder are unstoppable when they pass the ball around and get guys moving, they looked BAD at times tonight. Like, guys running laterally with the ball as the clock gets below ten seconds before making any advances into the paint or even just the two point range. I know that part of that is due to good defense, but it isn't hard to play good D when you've got only two guys to worry about getting the ball in their hands a majority of the time. That all being said, they could just as well come out with the same strategy in OKC and Durant and Westbrook could light the floor up. At times Westbrook looked unstoppable out there, as did Durant. The problem tonight was they never kept it going, the great shots came in short spurts while GS splashed 3's from all over the court. Iggy made them pay, in particular.

bionic77

They didn't find the role players the way they were doing in OKC. At home they were just so smart and picked the Warriors apart.

Warriors played a lot smarter today and that was all Drammond. They have no chance unless he is making a difference on defense. If he can do that AND play well on offense (hasn't done so in this series) then GS will be a tough out. But at times in this series he has been making a ton of mistakes. He has to show up on Saturday for GS to stay in it.

Ric Flair

Banned
They didn't find the role players the way they were doing in OKC. At home they were just so smart and picked the Warriors apart.

Warriors played a lot smarter today and that was all Drammond. They have no chance unless he is making a difference on defense. If he can do that AND play well on offense (hasn't done so in this series) then GS will be a tough out. But at times in this series he has been making a ton of mistakes. He has to show up on Saturday for GS to stay in it.

Definitely this, he was the key to their victory tonight imo. His blocks and hustle kept them up big. That silly 3 he hit too was pretty dope

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Went in for the fist bump, Shaq palms my whole damn fist instead. Cool dude, Charles too (normal bump from him)

Great game. Dubs win in OKC, I'd be a very worried Thunder fan. It was loud tonight, can't imagine G7.

Fjordson

The dream lives for another day.

Crowd was hype and thought Kerr, Draymond, Bogut and Curry responded well after the debacle in OKC. Kerr has really found something on D keeping Bogut at the rim and not making him switch. Dubs dominated the paint thanks to that (and some of Draymond). Just wish it hadn't taken him 5 games to do it.

OKC's defense is still doing well to make GS work though so will have to play better on Staurday to win. But the dream lives for now!

The dream lives for another day.

Crowd was hype and thought Kerr, Draymond, Bogut and Curry responded well after the debacle in OKC. Kerr has really found something on D keeping Bogut at the rim and not making him switch. Dubs dominated the paint thanks to that (and some of Draymond). Just wish it hadn't taken him 5 games to do it.

OKC's defense is still doing well to make GS work though so will have to play better on Staurday to win. But the dream lives for now!

Yeah wish he remembered that Bogut could trigger the offense earlier.

Saturday is going to be tough. You know that KD and YNB are going to get theirs but role players always play better at home. Curry is going to have to go nuts for us to have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom