• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all need to stop disrespecting the name of that arena.

Now y'all got me about to call the city a few miles from me Cheesecake, Virginia.

Cheesecake Bay Bridge-Tunnel...

tookhster

Still pissed about Steven Adams getting those two BS calls in the beginning, letting Bogut get all those boards and the good start. And Draymond being the only player who's allowed to do this and stare down and taunt opponents after every play. Even Lebron gets techs for taunting when he rarely does it.

But OKC played poor in comparison to the last two games. Russ was off to a bad start yet again with some WTF turnovers and slipping on fast breaks. Dion Waiters, who was playing like MJ the last few games, was a no-show tonight offensively. I think the reason we lost this game was because their role players outplayed ours.

Props to GS for not going out without a fight and I'll be looking forward to Saturday night.

Codeblue

So at some point intent needs to stop mattering and someone is going to tell him to stop right? He's going to break someone's jaw sooner or later.

OKC will be fine in game 6 as long as Westbrook isn't going to try to make dumb turnovers over and over again. Seriously, dude needs to slow the fuck down and focus more on his ball handling, especially during fast breaks.

All the pressure is on OKC now to close out in game 6 and Curry is long overdue for one of those godly games. Game 6 is the game that will decide this series because if it goes to 7, the Thunder won't win that game.

OKC will be fine in game 6 as long as Westbrook isn't going to try to make dumb turnovers over and over again. Seriously, dude needs to slow the fuck down and focus more on his ball handling, especially during fast breaks.

people have been saying this about westbrook for years

does anyone else remember him in the finals LOL

random25

That's Westbrook for you. One game he's better than the best player in the world. The next game, you wonder why is he even in the MVP conversation lol. Hopefully the good Russ will appear in game 6, or they're toast if they lose their golden opportunity to close it out at home.

Fjordson

I don't love Golden State's odds, but there's at least a puncher's chance. Kerr now has a path to victory I think, at least on defense. Just need a little more on offense.

Much much easier said than done of course.

kaiju

I don't love Golden State's odds, but there's at least a puncher's chance. Kerr now has a path to victory I think, at least on defense. Just need a little more on offense.

Much much easier said than done of course.

Let no one forget, we won in OKC this year in one of the season's best games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AwT1ETu61k

I wish GSW would come out in those alternate uniforms as a subtle reminder.

Regardless, I expect the Warriors to come out on all cylinders in Game 6.

My gawd does Adams camp in the paint. There isn't an instance he isn't in there for at least 6 seconds .

Durant turning into a big flop artist too. There was a Harden-esque flop at one point even from him .

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Bottom line: Warriors lose game 6 unless Steph has one of his special nights. Nothing quiets a crowd quicker than Curry catching fire. The encouraging news is that he seemed to be moving better. Maybe he's finally starting to trust that knee?

CD'S BAR

All the pressure is on OKC now to close out in game 6 and Curry is long overdue for one of those godly games. Game 6 is the game that will decide this series because if it goes to 7, the Thunder won't win that game.

Well, not all of it. Warriors are do or die Saturday, obviously, and they got shat on both prior games in okc. Sure Warriors would be favorites if it goes to 7 but thunder have already won once there and tonight was single digit loss. But you know these things.

Tubobutts

Curry and Green both had they're ratings dropped by one and Westbrook and Duratn both increased. I think Adams went up too but I'm not sure what his rating was before.

Well, not all of it. Warriors are do or die Saturday, obviously, and they got shat on both prior games in okc. Sure Warriors would be favorites if it goes to 7 but thunder have already won once there and tonight was single digit loss. But you know these things.

There's a difference between winning game 1 by a couple points after the other team blows their lead and winning game 7 after letting a 3-1 series lead slip and giving a team of that caliber new life.

CD'S BAR

There's a difference between winning game 1 by a couple points after the other team blows their lead and winning game 7 after letting a 3-1 series lead slip and giving a team of that caliber new life.

I agree, and I'd put money on warriors if it went to 7, but I meant pressure for game 6. Essentially we're saying then that game 6 is a do or die for both teams, so given that level footing consider they're playing in okc and we know how the previous games there went this series. But gauging pressure is pointless anyway so w/e.

How the fuck is that kick not intentional? The dude is on the way down and looks fine. Then the next moment that leg is fucking flying out of nowhere. Such a fucking punk. Bruce Bowen 2.0.

Well no shit it's intentional, the point is that there's plenty of evidence indicating he's not trying to make contact with anyone. He routinely kicks nothing but air without directing it at anyone. Not a good habit either way I suppose.

Did anyone catch the postgame interviews? Some reporter asked KD when Curry stripped the ball from him, is he an underrated defender. Westbrook started laughing at the reporter. Westbrook clearly believes he's better than Curry, and for this series he's been right. I don't see GS winning on the road. They got slaughtered twice and OKC's confidence is sky high.

But it's the NBA so you never know. Maybe Tim Donaghy's crew works the game and GS shoots 45 ft's on the road, that is always a possibility.

Bottom line: Warriors lose game 6 unless Steph has one of his special nights. Nothing quiets a crowd quicker than Curry catching fire. The encouraging news is that he seemed to be moving better. Maybe he's finally starting to trust that knee?

Knee injuries don't work like that. If you are going to talk trash and make every gesture to the crowd against Portland and vs OKC in game 2 when you win and hit your shots, you can't say when you lose that your knee is hurting. And he's not saying that. Neither is Kerr. How about giving OKC credit for slowing him down and Westbrook outplaying him. That's the story, not his knee.

Did anyone catch the postgame interviews? Some reporter asked KD when Curry stripped the ball from him, is he an underrated defender. Westbrook started laughing at the reporter. Westbrook clearly believes he's better than Curry, and for this series he's been right. I don't see GS winning on the road. They got slaughtered twice and OKC's confidence is sky high.

But it's the NBA so you never know. Maybe Tim Donaghy's crew works the game and GS shoots 45 ft's on the road, that is always a possibility.

When did winning in Oklahoma become such an impossible task? The Spurs did it, the injured Mavs did it. They were 32-9 at home during the regular season, the same record as the Raptors. Why is it so impossible for the Warriors to win a single game there? They've shown they are good enough to win anywhere in the last 2 years.

When did winning in Oklahoma become such an impossible task? The Spurs did it, the injured Mavs did it. They were 32-9 at home during the regular season, the same record as the Raptors. Why is it so impossible for the Warriors to win a single game there? They've shown they are good enough to win anywhere in the last 2 years.

Of course its not impossible. But regular season doesn't mean a thing at this point. Warriors won 24 straight to start the season, but they didn't play as well at the end of the regular season. Meanwhile OKC is nothing like the team that was struggling early on in the season. They are peaking right now. If they play as well as they did in game 3 and 4, I don't think there's anything GS can do about it.

If you want another example, it's like the Pats and Giants in 07. Patriots were 16-0, but they peaked way before the playoffs. Giants on the other hand were playing their best ball when postseason arrived.

Of course its not impossible. But regular season doesn't mean a thing at this point. Warriors won 24 straight to start the season, but they didn't play as well at the end of the regular season. Meanwhile OKC is nothing like the team that was struggling early on in the season. They are peaking right now. If they play as well as they did in game 3 and 4, I don't think there's anything GS can do about it.

If you want another example, it's like the Pats and Giants in 07. Patriots were 16-0, but they peaked way before the playoffs. Giants on the other hand were playing their best ball when postseason arrived.

Everybody is peaking until they lose.

Fjordson

Knee injuries don't work like that. If you are going to talk trash and make every gesture to the crowd against Portland and vs OKC in game 2 when you win and hit your shots, you can't say when you lose that your knee is hurting. And he's not saying that. Neither is Kerr. How about giving OKC credit for slowing him down and Westbrook outplaying him. That's the story, not his knee.
What does talking trash and gesturing have to do with someone's knee lol. Though no one from Golden State, especially Curry, has spoken on any sort of injury. Media and fans have been speculating, but that's it. All Curry said was "I'm fine".

Also, Westbrook is only 8-25 this series with Curry as his primary defender. Like I said in the other thread, Curry's defense hasn't been the problem for GS.

J2 Cool

What does talking trash and gesturing have to do with someone's knee lol. Though no one from Golden State, especially Curry, has spoken on any sort of injury. Media and fans have been speculating, but that's it. All Curry said was "I'm fine".

It was Marv Albert who said it first, once game 4 was in hand. Then everyone went with it.

Also, Westbrook is only 8-25 this series with Curry as his primary defender. Like I said in the other thread, Curry's defense hasn't been the problem for GS.

He had a 17 point overtime and a solid game 2. Just because the other team shuts you down and forces you to turn the ball over doesn't mean you can cry about being hurt. If your knee is messed up you don't have those good shooting games in between. Long range shooting and knee issues don't mix. And there's nothing in the way he moves that suggests that the knee is an issue.

Yeah sure. Curry was doing a wonderful job on Westbrook on the road... smh.

There's no team A is more pressured than team B. That's some kind of fiction rationality projected into sports. If Warriors lose, they are done. If OKC loses, they know their chances are slim. Both teams know they can't fuck it up.

Fjordson

He had a 17 point overtime and a solid game 2. Just because the other team shuts you down and forces you to turn the ball over doesn't mean you can cry about being hurt. If your knee is messed up you don't have those good shooting games in between. Long range shooting and knee issues don't mix. And there's nothing in the way he moves that suggests that the knee is an issue.

Yeah sure. Curry was doing a wonderful job on Westbrook on the road... smh.
Again, when has Curry himself "cried" about being hurt? Where is this narrative coming from?

random25

Curry needs to bring his MVP form in game 6 if he wants another do or die game back at home. And Bogut needs to show up again. When his 3 pointers are dropping at a high rate, more opportunities open up for the other guys because he'll take defensive pressure on him. When he's off, everybody seems to follow his shooting struggles.

For OKC, Westbrook needs to play more of a PG and take care of the basketball more if they want to close it out in game 6. Set Durant more and let the other guys be more involved, and when the defense start to open up, that's the best time to bring his bullet train style of offense.

KingBroly

Banned
Warriors barely won last night and I'd argue the Thunder didn't play their best. Given how big Home Court's been in these Conference Finals, the Warriors will need to play a perfect game to force Game 7.

OKC still keeping it so close at an away game bodes pretty well for them on Saturday.

Curry seemed to play well with his nagging major injuries last night too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom