• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draymonlee.

Steph Curry doesn't have his shot back

Since Steph came back from injury, he's been shooting 3's at 35% clip. Even in his comeback game where he had that 17 point OT, he was 0-10 from 3 before he hit his first one.

disclaimer- This is not a Curry is injured excuse nor am I implying it.

I just finished listening to Nate Duncan's podcast of last night's game and he makes an interesting point about the Warriors maybe benefitting more from slowing down the pace of the game (not to a crawl but going slightly below their average). Both teams thrive on transition buckets but in a battle of set offenses, the Warriors actually benefit a bit more because their offense is less predictable than OKC's which while better in years past, still devolves into the typical 1-5/3-5 pick and roll.

UncleMeat

Oh man. I totally forgot about Perk. The one time he'd actually be useful on the floor and he's no longer around.

I mean Collison is still on the team and at this point I wouldn't care if he walked up to Draymond and punched him in the face for a nice 25 game suspension.

When Green finally does kick someone in the face, and it's going to happen now that he's doing it several times a game to strengthen his "See? I do this all the time" defense, it will 100% be the NBA's fault.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Steph Curry doesn't have his shot back

Since Steph came back from injury, he's been shooting 3's at 35% clip. Even in his comeback game where he had that 17 point OT, he was 0-10 from 3 before he hit his first one.

disclaimer- This is not a Curry is injured excuse nor am I implying it.

I just finished listening to Nate Duncan's podcast of last night's game and he makes an interesting point about the Warriors maybe benefitting more from slowing down the pace of the game (not to a crawl but going slightly below their average). Both teams thrive on transition buckets but in a battle of set offenses, the Warriors actually benefit a bit more because their offense is less predictable than OKC's which while better in years past, still devolves into the typical 1-5/3-5 pick and roll.
This is what I've been saying. If Steph gets back to his normal shooting it's a very different series. He's missing a ton of shots that are practically automatic.

Lightning

Banned
I think the Raps take it tonight, for some reason CLE is allergic to road games this series.

Get ready for the Off Season thread Sunday Night
Again with this BS. Games 3 and 4 are the only away games Cavs have lost this playoffs...

Toronto are the ones who deserve ripping for their away games. They are a disgrace to the game with their away performances, especially this series. Outside of Canadians and Lebron/Cavs haters I'm not sure how anyone can be supporting the Raptors given their disgraceful road performances as finals should not be getting drubbed by 31, 19 and 38 and most of those games were over by half time. Who wants that in a finals?

Cavs could have and should have won game 4. Let themselves down in game 3 but the Raptors have been straight insulting in every away game this series. Fuck them. I was happy for them when they beat Miami but given how things have gone here I wish they didn't as I don't believe Miami would have been that insulting in EVERY away game.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Again with this BS. Games 3 and 4 are the only away games Cavs have lost this playoffs...

Toronto are the ones who deserve ripping for their away games. They are a disgrace to the game with their away performances, especially this series. Outside of Canadians and Lebron/Cavs haters I'm not sure how anyone can be supporting the Raptors given their disgraceful road performances as finals should not be getting drubbed by 31, 19 and 38 and most of those games were over by half time. Who wants that in a finals?

Cavs could have and should have won game 4. Let themselves down in game 3 but the Raptors have been straight insulting in every away game this series. Fuck them. I was happy for them when they beat Miami but given how things have gone here I wish they didn't as I don't believe Miami would have been that insulting in EVERY away game.

They also beat Indiana by 16 on the road and won in Miami. Meanwhile GS lost by 28 and 24 in OKC.

It's about winning and losing, losing by 30 is the same as losing by 1 in the end.

Lightning

Banned
You do realize I said this series right?
But the Cavs could have won game 4. I realize the Cavs lost both games but game 4 could have gone either way.

Game 6 we'll see. Cavs better not give another 18pt head start cause that'll be annoying.

They also beat Indiana by 16 on the road and won in Miami. Meanwhile GS lost by 28 and 24 in OKC.

It's about winning and losing, losing by 30 is the same as losing by 1 in the end.
I'm a viewing fan though and prefer competitive basketball come finals time, not blowouts. To this end Raptors don't suit my interests as they are embarrassing away from home. Losing is one thing, acceptable, but getting humiliated is something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom