• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

OKC reverts to ISO too much. That's why they lost that last 5 minutes. KD iso, then Westbrok iso, KD, Westbrook again and again. If they had trusted their teammates like earlier in the game, they would have probably won.

So, I'll be the contrarian guy.

OKC wins game 7.

Oklahoma City's only hope in G7 is Durant going into full FU mode- wanting to atone for what happened tonight, but he hasn't taken over any game this series, so I'm not optimistic. Westbrook is (mostly) playing great- its Durant that was the difference.
Well, Westbrook did turn it over like 4 times in the last 2 minutes...

Dthomp

Yup, they went away with what kept them in the lead and went ISO for the last five minutes.

That's the biggest frustration that I'm feeling. I feel like we controlled the game and played tough until KD had to just keep trying to get his and taking bad shots/possessions. Hero ball killed them tonight, now we just have to hope that this choke doesn't completely wreck the players for game 7.

TTG

that gif is from goddamn 2009

get your shit together

2085674_o.gif

kaiju

Told yall this was a game for the ages before it even began.

Not over yet, Warriors have to close it out at home. But I feel good about our chances now.

WarriorsGAF enjoy this win! This is one to remember.

incidentally this means basketball is being played on my 25th birthday. too bad i'm gonna be equally drunk as tonight so i won't be able to properly enjoy and/or curse the western conference

Ric Flair

Banned
Were you not watching that performance by OKC? They shriveled up in those final 4 minutes
It was angering to watch that shit, Durant and Westbrook took turns turning the ball over, the last point scored for OKC was Adams AFTER he rebounded a missed Durant Chuck, fucking stupid basketball. Durant deciding to fade instead of passing out to the open man while being double teamed...SMFH

BadAss2961

That's the biggest frustration that I'm feeling. I feel like we controlled the game and played tough until KD had to just keep trying to get his and taking bad shots/possessions. Hero ball killed them tonight, now we just have to hope that this choke doesn't completely wreck the players for game 7.
OKC mostly lives and dies on hero ball though. Nothing new from them.

KD and Westbrook went nuts all series, then suddenly shit the bed late in this game.

SCChappy

Banned
I didn't care for the Warriors much to begin with but Draymond Green being allowed to get away with nutshotting someone and being a complete asshat is terrible.

also also, check out this top 5 player in the fourth quarter

Code:
11:45	Kevin Durant misses 16-foot jumper				75 - 83
10:48	Kevin Durant makes free throw 1 of 2				78 - 84
10:48	Kevin Durant makes free throw 2 of 2				78 - 85
10:18	Kevin Durant misses 4-foot two point shot			78 - 85
6:35	Kevin Durant misses 7-foot two point shot			87 - 91
5:09	Kevin Durant makes 14-foot two point shot			89 - 96
4:13	Kevin Durant misses 16-foot two point shot			93 - 97
2:55	Kevin Durant bad pass (Andre Iguodala steals)			96 - 99
2:25	Kevin Durant misses 11-foot two point jumper			99 - 99
1:23	Kevin Durant misses 25-foot three point jumper			104 - 101
0:37	Kevin Durant defensive rebound					104 - 101
0:08	Kevin Durant personal take foul (Klay Thompson draws the foul)	106 - 101
0:07	Kevin Durant lost ball turnover (Harrison Barnes steals)	108 - 101

Wow, still can't believe they crumbled that bad. They looked so dominant in the second and definitely looked better for most of the game. What an unreal finish.

I don't think I've sent enough hate KD's way yet, so again, fuck you Kevin Durant. Played like shit all night, took terrible rushed shots, ignored open team mates, turnovers galore. Your fucking terrible basketball tonight managed to drag down Westbrook to your shit level at the end.

On the other hand you had Klay playing his heart out which managed to drag Curry out of his slump. That's a big game player KD. Not someone who just says they are the best, they prove it.

LightInfa

No. Games 3 and 4 were no-contests.

I get that BUT those were both fascinating games because they were against (we'll see) the greatest team of all time, and the 2013 finals which I see at the top of a lot of those lists, had a few noncompetitive ones before the classics of Game 6 and 7.

postin this again for the new page. people thought this guy would be better than lebron, instead he doesn't even live up to 2011 lebron choking in the finals because he does it at home up 3-2 in the conference finals

Code:
11:45	Kevin Durant misses 16-foot jumper				75 - 83
10:48	Kevin Durant makes free throw 1 of 2				78 - 84
10:48	Kevin Durant makes free throw 2 of 2				78 - 85
10:18	Kevin Durant misses 4-foot two point shot			78 - 85
6:35	Kevin Durant misses 7-foot two point shot			87 - 91
5:09	Kevin Durant makes 14-foot two point shot			89 - 96
4:13	Kevin Durant misses 16-foot two point shot			93 - 97
2:55	Kevin Durant bad pass (Andre Iguodala steals)			96 - 99
2:25	Kevin Durant misses 11-foot two point jumper			99 - 99
1:23	Kevin Durant misses 25-foot three point jumper			104 - 101
0:37	Kevin Durant defensive rebound					104 - 101
0:08	Kevin Durant personal take foul (Klay Thompson draws the foul)	106 - 101
0:07	Kevin Durant lost ball turnover (Harrison Barnes steals)	108 - 101

mr2xxx

Banned
So this series is already up there among the best playoff series period- if OKC wins game 7 do we call it greatest ever?
Naahh, so far there have been too many blow outs for that to happen. Game 7 needs to be legendary to even be considered a historic series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom