• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Need another epic Splash Bros performance. Majin Klay fending off OKC while Steph charged up his spirit bomb was amazing to see.

I'm hoping the Warriors are class acts and drop the confetti for okc tonight after okc wins.

If okc just runs plays, passes and scores they can win
This is a hell of a post.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm hoping the Warriors are class acts and drop the confetti for okc tonight after okc wins.

Yeah but those TurnOvers are the key to OKC
If they give away the ball too much, they ain't winning

Vegas has GSW favored by seven points. 538 has them favored by about 3.5. They definitely have an advantage (mentally and home-court). However, it's hard to discount the Thunder who have played them very tough and seem to have a much easier time scoring than the Warriors. That being said, I'm not gonna be the one to bet against the team with the best record of all time.

Something i find interesting is that a lot of people (not necessarily in this thread) are suggesting that Game 7 should basically be a guaranteed (not necessarily easy) win for the Warriors given they have HCA, built up some momentum and the fact people are just losing faith in OKC thinking they're regressing back to choking.

But looking back at game 6. Warriors outscored the thunder on the 3 point line by a whopping 54 points. (GSW: 63 pts; OKC: 9 pts) Anyone who's familiar with the warriors and their 3 point prowess would naturally believe that if the warriors made 18 more three pointers than the opposing team that not only did the warriors win but that they also did it in a fairly easy blowout fashion

But they didn't. They only won the game by 7 points thanks to OKC's collapse particularly in the final minutes. This has to be a HUGE positive point of emphasis that surely Donovan isn't letting slip under the radar in getting ready for game seven.

Even just using the eye test from last game, you can see that the warriors struggled to a pretty large degree just to get their shots (OKC length, athleticism and all that jazz) but for most of the game OKC seemed to get to their spots far more easily.

Had OKC just maintained their composure in the stretch they could/should have won game 6 with relative ease even with the ton of shots that went awry for KD and westbrook.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot that OKC needs to change in approaching game 7. I don't think they need to reinvent the wheel to pull out a win. Even if they just slightly tighten up what they delivered in game 6 it can easily be a 50/50 game in terms of who takes the win.

Even after all this, people still can't bring themselves to pick the Warriors. They could be up 50 at half and you'd still see posts about how if the Thunder just start hitting their threes and pass more they're still in it.

Even after all this, people still can't bring themselves to pick the Warriors. They could be up 50 at half and you'd still see posts about how if the Thunder just start hitting their threes and pass more they're still in it.
Both teams have won three games in case you hadn't noticed. 2 blowouts 1 close for okc, 1 blowout 2 close for gsw. Okc beat them in their building already. The only delusion here is yours if you think okc has no chance.

Thunder just needs to score. They are holding good on defense... If they do the same thing they have done most games, hit some of Currys and klays confidence while just getting buckets they can obviously win.

Basically, I'm just saying they need to score and get better team passes and get more folks into it. With a few more buckets from passes instead of misses from Durant they already won.

I don't know if that is the game plan as it doesn't exactly look like it.

I think okc can win but I won't gurantee it cause of Durant and brooks pushing it

I think I really okc has had the lead more often than not? Which shows something to me if that is right.

Obviously the winner is the higher score at the end but if you have a big lead at half and in the third or doesnt hurt.

Okc was losing it a bit since before half time last game, warriors were slowly outscoring them from that point to to the fourth and then okc had to work hard and well klay.

Your saying we shouldn't say they will win if they score better? It's an obvious statement that any team can have said about them but in this case not passing and taking bad shots is exactly the main reason, not effort, but defense.

Sometimes I like to make jokes and in a serious note of it was my team I would celebrate for the other team. That's just me understanding it's a game and one team won. I want to win sure but so do they. I'd definitely drop some lights and music for them. Why not

Joei

I think it could be a good game. I'd give the edge to Golden State, but when OKC has had their way, they've had their way. GSW have never looked dominating in this series like OKC has. If it's a close game, I think it'll go Golden State's way, but based on this series I think Oklahoma could blow them out the water. It should be a fun matchup tonight.

The only thing i'd be worried about with Adams is if his body holds up. He seems to be accumulating a lot of little knick-knack injuries, and plays balls out every second he's on the court. Reminds me of Joakim Noah in a way.

I guess this explains a lot.

Misterhbk

I think it could be a good game. I'd give the edge to Golden State, but when OKC has had their way, they've had their way. GSW have never looked dominating in this series like OKC has. If it's a close game, I think it'll go Golden State's way, but based on this series I think Oklahoma could blow them out the water. It should be a fun matchup tonight.

I think people forget that GS won game 2 by 27 and looked damn dominant doing it. They were active on the boards keeping OKC from generating 2-3 opportunities every time, they didn't even shoot that well, but OKC not getting boards was enough to hold their offense down. OKC is completely dependent on those offensive boards. If they can do what they did in game 2, and control that area by having multiple guys be active to rebound then they can win in dominating fashion again. Or if Curry plays like Curry for a full 48 mins instead of short burst.

PBY

Banned
Thunder just needs to score. They are holding good on defense... If they do the same thing they have done most games, hit some of Currys and klays confidence while just getting buckets they can obviously win.

Basically, I'm just saying they need to score and get better team passes and get more folks into it. With a few more buckets from passes instead of misses from Durant they already won.

I don't know if that is the game plan as it doesn't exactly look like it.

I think okc can win but I won't gurantee it cause of Durant and brooks pushing it

I think I really okc has had the lead more often than not? Which shows something to me if that is right.

Obviously the winner is the higher score at the end but if you have a big lead at half and in the third or doesnt hurt.

Okc was losing it a bit since before half time last game, warriors were slowly outscoring them from that point to to the fourth and then okc had to work hard and well klay.

Your saying we shouldn't say they will win if they score better? It's an obvious statement that any team can have said about them but in this case not passing and taking bad shots is exactly the main reason, not effort, but defense.

Sometimes I like to make jokes and in a serious note of it was my team I would celebrate for the other team. That's just me understanding it's a game and one team won. I want to win sure but so do they. I'd definitely drop some lights and music for them. Why not

this is hiiiiiiiiiigh level

Undefined

I think Thunder will take this game tonight.
It's not often Klay will go crazy like last game, and I've kinda lost faith in Curry at this point.

kaiju

Here it is, 8AM on the West Coast and I am soo hyped for tonight's game. Going to be a great one.

I like my Warriors' chances in this one. The ROARacle is going to be LIT, but the team has also found momentum and have shown poise at the right time.

They've been playing like the Champions they are, and I expect them to close out with a Game 7 win tonight.

Go Dubs!

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
It's not often Klay will go crazy like last game, and I've kinda lost faith in Curry at this point.
This is grand. You've lost faith in Curry when he just got 31,10,9 on the road in an elimination game?

This is grand. You've lost faith in Curry when he just got 31,10,9 on the road in an elimination game?

MtZ9N.gif

my gut's also saying OKC, which is weird because it usually only weighs in on cleveland games

e: and also because this is a game 7, in oakland, after a heartbreaking game 6 loss

Steph almost put up an Ice Cube on a good day despite not really having one...made daggers in the last minute (not to mention game icing shot and steal...) and you lost faith in him?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I'm hyped for this game. I think only 4% of nba teams recovered from a 1-3 deficit. This would be another legendary event.

Undefined

Steph almost put up an Ice Cube on a good day despite not really having one...made daggers in the last minute (not to mention game icing shot and steal...) and you lost faith in him?

Sure this game he was good. But judging from this series and these playoffs as a whole, he's not really been up to par to his MVP levels.
Ill ask you this question: how confident are you that Curry is gonna put a great game tonight?

phanphare

Banned
going down 1-3 was just a ploy to make more history

Sure this game he was good. But judging from this series and these playoffs as a whole, he's not really been up to par to his MVP levels.
Ill ask you this question: how confident are you that Curry is gonna put a great game tonight?

that's because curry was getting the defensive attention that an MVP would get and his teammates weren't punishing them properly for it. draymond and bogut especially in game 3 and 4 didn't play close to where they needed to.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Very. His quickness has been much better these past 2 games and that's very important to his game because it helps him create space.

Both teams have won three games in case you hadn't noticed. 2 blowouts 1 close for okc, 1 blowout 2 close for gsw. Okc beat them in their building already. The only delusion here is yours if you think okc has no chance.

You can say they have a chance but to continue to downplay the Warriors and what they can do is baffling. Everyone is still hung up on games 3 and 4 as though that's the true potential of the Thunder and the Warriors can't play better.

random25

I expect a GSW blowout at home to make a return trip to the finals. Momentum plus home court advantage are on the side of the Warriors. Let's see if Durant and Westbrook will prove me wrong.

Nafai1123

Banned
I'm gonna be the contrarian and say that this game is going to come down to the role players and the bench. People say hero-ball cost OKC last game, but it also saved Golden State. The entire team was feeding Klay the whole game during clutch possessions and it paid off, but I don't see that working two games in a row. They're going to need better offensive production from guys not named Klay and Steph, and OKC is going to need better offensive production from guys not named Westbrook and Durant. This is the primary reason I give GSW the edge in game 7. The Warriors bench has played much better at home this series, and I think that trend will continue tonight.

Also, thank fuck we don't have Foster or Brothers officiating tonight.

One thing to watch out for is the Warriors playing too much to the crowd. The Warriors have a habit of trying to go And1 mixtape volume 1 on the opposing team when the crowd gets hyped.

hbkdx12

It's been a delight to watch the warriors and i've been rooting for them all season long given people want to diminish what they accomplished last year.

Once they lost game 3 i was convinced they'd have to win in seven and if they managed to get there that they'll take the series. So im still giving the warriors the edge. As far as im concerned, based on this series, i don't think OKC can convincingly win at oracle. GSW had no business losing game one. They got cute and moved away from their game in the second half of game 1. Games 2 and 5 they defended home as needed. I expect them to do the same game 7

All i'm saying is that if you put those final 3 minutes of game 6 to the side for a quick moment, there's a lot that OKC did right throughout that game. If they bring that same gameplan tonight it can be just as highly competitive as game 6 was.

I just don't know if i can get behind the general consensus of "OKC choked away game 6 and the series lead. They suck. They're doomed. GSW by 50. hurr durr"

One thing to watch out for is the Warriors playing too much to the crowd. The Warriors have a habit of trying to go And1 mixtape volume 1 on the opposing team when the crowd gets hyped.

This is precisely why they lost game one. They went absolutely HAM in the first half and just got too cute in the second half. Was hard to watch

Servbot24

Banned
Although he's certainly not 100%, he's still going to score 30+ and come through in clutch moments, IMO.

pretty jokes that curry quietly gets 30 10 and 9 and most consider that a bad game for him
Getting that LeBron respect. Curry truly has taken the throne.

Edit:
finally made it to that lebron tier
Ha!

Edit 2: I read that Durant said they didn't even watch tape from Saturday's game. They studied GSW and know everything about them and their tendencies. They just need to execute their game plan. That's been evident to me throughout this series. Thunder knowing what GSW like to do and often being in the right spots to pick-off and deflect passes. One of the things I love about playoffs compared to regular season are teams able to really employ research and fine-tune against a specific opponent to elevate beyond general game strategies and talent.

The last game OKC was getting too many second chance points, and a lot easier shots than Warriors. Warriors were playing hard defense but a lot plays they ending up tippin the ball out givin OKC another chance.
That coupled with some easy looks (maybe wariors defense had miscommunications) really allowed OKC to stay ahead most of the game.

If I'm not mistaken OKC also had a lot more free throw opportunities.

Is green doing anything this series... Maybe start iguadala instead..

Warriors could be their worst enemies this game by letting their guard down since they are home and are comin off two victories.

I'm want to see Klay have another huge game.
40 points plus.. And curry with 30+ points plus.

I think back to an interview Luke did while he was interim head coach. He said even though GSW's small lineup is their best, they can't employ it too often because it's too physically taxing, especially when going up against other teams' bigs. It's good in spurts when they can run at maximum pace and basically overwhelm the other team on both offense and defense.

beat

I'm gonna be the contrarian and say that this game is going to come down to the role players and the bench. People say hero-ball cost OKC last game, but it also saved Golden State. The entire team was feeding Klay the whole game during clutch possessions and it paid off, but I don't see that working two games in a row.

Those were two different kinds of hero ball. GS was kind of forcing the ball to Klay, but he was catching and shooting on most of those, getting open on screens. The Thunder were dumping it to their stars and (1) trying to run clock down, which is semi-defensible, and (2) relying largely on isolation plays for their stars. Passes for shots were desperation passes rather than a flowing offense, esp when GS ran the surprise double on Durant late in a possession.

I do think OKC will defend Klay tighter -- probably just meaning Roberson can't risk foul trouble keeping him off the floor -- but that's about all the adjustment they can make wrt Klay. That and assuming he won't have two supernova games back to back.

I think GSW makes up for the game 3-4 blowouts. Klay 30+ and Curry gets into form with 40+

I also think Green picks up 2 technicals and misses game 1 of the Finals.

FTF

I think GSW makes up for the game 3-4 blowouts. Klay 30+ and Curry gets into form with 40+

I also think Green picks up 2 technicals and misses game 1 of the Finals.

lol that would be really dumb of him. Also, he needs two t's for that or just one?

rambis

Banned
Article on iggy defense. http://blogs.mercurynews.com/thomps...-durant-transforms-western-conference-finals/

In the fourth quarter, the Warriors found their rhythm on both ends and finally looked like the team they had all year. Oklahoma City managed just 18 points on 26.3 percent shooting — in its own building. Iguodala matched Durant nearly minute for minute in the second half, and Durant was 4-for-12 with three turnovers.
More like OKC started looking like OKC. Hurried passes to KD where he holds the ball usually to get off a terrible forced shot. Its crazy how the ball just stops moving on that team in crunch time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom