• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTG

I wouldn't make many changes at all if I'm OKC. If you can move some of the guys at the end of the rotation like Foye, that's cool, but they're right there. I mean, you cannot be any more right there than they are.

It pretty much came down to this, crazy: https://streamable.com/o9ig

Mory Dunz

Steph and his wife weird me the fuck out. I don't get the pray to Jesus shit . Like Jesus supposed to pick sides and of all things around irrelevant basketball shit.

Didn't hear what he said, but in general there's nothing wrong with praying/thanking god for a blessing.

Not sure why it matters to people here.
Like, in soccer whenever someone gets subbed in or scores a goal, or wins a match, some point upwards and pray, or if they're muslim they kneel after scoring. If that annoyed someone, that sport would be unwatchable for them lol. Their loss I suppose.

mjp2417

Banned
Sad about Westbrook though, dude deserves a ring. West is too crowded, maybe he should try the Lebron special of playing in the East and giving himself plenty of Finals. I mean, if Lebron can reach it with Ty fucking Lue as a coach, there's no way Westbrook can't with Brad Stevens.

Westbrook isn't LeBron though. Bron is still the only player in the league that instantly transforms a team into a title contender

Ninjimbo

If KD did come back, where do you upgrade OKC. I cant see how the team changes for the better. Theres still that critical flaw.
It's hard to point fingers at anyone other than Durant and Westbrook. It falls on their shoulders, but man I hate assigning blame when Klay and Curry nailed like 60 threes between the two. That's a lot of points. A lot.

Tom Penny

I've got to say that defensive performance by OKC was something special. No one has given GS that much trouble in 2 years. Shots are going to feel easy against CLE after that 7 game battle.
GS will have no problem scoring. Cavs will be shooting and hitting way more threes. Should be interesting. I think Iggy and green on Lebron should be the difference. We will see.

chaislip3

Any chance he will go the Rockets? :D

That way he can team up with his boy Harden again. Also, Rockets' defense will be more improved and comparable to GSW.

121112-NBA-WONDERS-NEVER-CEASE-Lakers-LA-PI_20121212002348416_660_320.jpg

I don't. Needs to humble himself and mature his damn offense.

Why? He was flailing around and turning the ball over constantly these last 3 games. Yeah he put up numbers, but he didn't lead. Reggie Jackson must have been loving it.

I mixed up WB and KD's stats. Yeah he had a pretty terrible game. I thought he performed better than I assumed but I guess him being energetic and running around got me confused.

Reggie Jackson's being petty as shit on Twitter right now too.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
you play defense for 2 reasons:
- stop your opponent from getting a shot off
- make your opponent take a bad shot

its just near impossible to beat a good team with 2 guys that regularly makes "bad shots".

in the same way Jordan's athleticism+midrange made things nearly impossible for defenses, Steph's off-the-dribble marksmanship and Clay's catch n shot ability just makes you feel helpless.

Golden State, to use a videogame reference, basically hacked the game.

Didn't hear what he said, but in general there's nothing wrong with praying/thanking god for a blessing.

Not sure why it matters to people here.
Like, in soccer whenever someone gets subbed in or scores a goal, or wins a match, some point upwards and pray, or if they're muslim they kneel after scoring. If that annoyed someone, that sport would be unwatchable for them lol. Their loss I suppose.

well said my friend

if OKC can ever figure out how to develop Cameron Payne and swing Westbrook over to the 2 or off the ball more often that could do wonders for them as well.

VeeP

Steph and his wife weird me the fuck out. I don't get the pray to Jesus shit . Like Jesus supposed to pick sides and of all things around irrelevant basketball shit.

I didn't see what your talking about tonight, but I'm sure he's just thanking God for his blessings. Athleticism, team, wife, child, etc.

I don't think he said "Yo God, thanks for choosing me and letting my 3s sink in"

Servbot24

Banned
While you're sitting around being weirded out by another man's faith, he's using it as motivation to accomplish new heights in his field, donate to charities, etc.

ViciousDS

Banned
Has Charles Barkley talked yet? Can't watch since im out of the country :(

Yes, he had a decent explanation. Starting hero ball towards the end of the last 3 games ruined them. He said that they looked amazing the first half. Talked about how the team looked like they gave up and argued with each other like they were down 12 points even when they were only down 3.

random25

Sad about Westbrook though, dude deserves a ring. West is too crowded, maybe he should try the Lebron special of playing in the East and giving himself plenty of Finals. I mean, if Lebron can reach it with Ty fucking Lue as a coach, there's no way Westbrook can't with Brad Stevens.

For as long as LeBron is in the East and healthy, no other team will get there...unless Russ goes to Indiana lol.

I feel like a change of power is coming next season. If I were Westbrook I'd convince KD to stay for another shot at the finals together. They're almost there.

TTG

Yes, he had a decent explanation. Starting hero ball towards the end of the last 3 games ruined them. He said that they looked amazing the first half. Talked about how the team looked like they gave up and argued with each other like they were down 12 points even when they were only down 3.

Durant absolutely did NOT do that tonight.

Westbrook isn't LeBron though. Bron is still the only player in the league that instantly transforms a team into a title contender

He's frequently been beaten by more cohesive teams with better coaches so while I agree that Westbrook (or Durant) isn't on his level, there's no need to be while Lebron the GM still holds any power.

Although yeah Westbrook isn't going East. He should though, it would be awesome.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
While you're sitting around being weirded out by another man's faith, he's using it as motivation to accomplish new heights in his field, donate to charities, etc.

This is totally relevant and he couldn't be good at basketball or donate to charity without Jesus.

Yea, OKC played better last game tho they choked. I thought this game would have been close maybe OT, basing on what happened on game 6.

Charles is hurting deep down, a jump shooting team is going to the finals, beating the team he picked to win. Lol

KD needs to go and join a contender. He wasted too many years already.

He is on a contender. He's on a team with another one of the 10 best players in the league, a 23 year old franchise 2 way center and a fairly decent amount of roster flexibility. The only caveat is that he's in the West, but really, aside from Golden State, the West isn't exactly a powerhouse anymore. And who knows how much longer the Warriors (and Spurs) have in them. It's not the worst plan to wait. We just saw a series that demonstrated the possibility when these guys are on their game. Lots of great teams have gone through 2-3 years of heartbreak before busting through. Dirk's Mavs. Isaiah's Pistons.

mjp2417

Banned
Listening to Billy Donovan in the press conference, and you get the feeling that OKC sticking with Scott Brooks well past the expiration date fucked them long term. Imagine this team with a real coach circa 2012 growing up with all of this talent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom