• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think Warriors max out Whiteside or Biyombo, Dwight will be considered but only given a 1-2 year deal and a "you can compete for a ring and take a pay cut or get paid somewhere else"

OKC needs a facilitator...Find a guy who'll take care of the ball and get shots for players in their spots without compromising defensive integrity. There are so many guys on that squad who have individual skill..just need something to get them functioning as a collective unit.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
OK....I mean....I saw the faith post but I just said I'm not reading that lol. I saw a million quotes on it and just scrolled by. Guess I should go back a page and read what the hell happened.

oh shit, i quoted the wrong post. I was the one who missed something.

While you're sitting around being weirded out by another man's faith, he's using it as motivation to accomplish new heights in his field, donate to charities, etc.

Speaking as a Heat fan, Whiteside is still pretty green and I don't think he'd mesh well in the Warrior's system. Biyombo though is a possibility if he's willing to take a paycut to chase a ring.

Fjordson

Amazing series. Happy the Dubs overcame the 3-1 hole, I didn't think they could do it after game 4.

Props to OKC for making it such a tough series. Incredible performance, especially on D.

Listening to Billy Donovan in the press conference, and you get the feeling that OKC sticking with Scott Brooks well past the expiration date fucked them long term. Imagine this team with a real coach circa 2012 growing up with all of this talent

Funny thing is as talented as OKC is they had even more talent when they had Harden and Reggie Jackson that is two legit starters in the NBA that were on OKC's bench at one point.

UFO

Banned
Wow, seems like just a week ago this thread was all "this series is over", "GS is overrated", "Curry is a fraud", etc. And now it's back to slurping the golden d.

They don't matchup well with Golden State. Not sure why that's so crazy. They are like the opposite of what OKC was.

Just cause they are not the same doesn't mean it's gonna be easier. Are you just now watching sports or something. We've been down that road before. Cleveland's defense is still good and this time Cleveland's healthy. It's not like Kyrie wasn't shitting on GS in the finals last year before he got hurt. It's okay though you can write them off.

neemmss

Did not do what?

He was talking as a whole, westbrook totally tried playing hero on 3 key possessions towards the end where he just turned the ball over.

Someone needed to do something. The whole OKC team looked off during the 3rd quarter. Durant wasn't doing it and no one else really was either.

Just cause they are not the same doesn't mean it's gonna be easier. Are you just now watching sports or something. We've been down that road before. Cleveland's defense is still good and this time Cleveland's healthy. It's not like Kyrie wasn't shitting on GS in the finals last year before he got hurt. It's okay though you can write them off.

You accuse someone of just now watching sports while at the same time proclaiming that "cleveland's defense is still good". Heh.

Their defense was "good" last year against the Warriors because Kyrie and Love were out. I know it's hard for people to wrap their heads around the idea that a team could play better in a particular matchup without two of their "superstars" but that's exactly what happened.

Someone needed to do something. The whole OKC team looked off during the 3rd quarter. Durant wasn't doing it and no one else really was either.

When Roberson passed up the super open 3 in the 4th I literally yelled "what the fuck are you doing?" the team lost their shit in the third and the 4th was scramble mode.

neemmss

When Roberson passed up the super open 3 in the 4th I literally yelled "what the fuck are you doing?" the team lost their shit in the third and the 4th was scramble mode.

Exactly. It is easy to blame Westbrook for missing those shots and trying to be "hero", but there was no one willing to take charge. Not even Durant.

TTG

He knew he was 2-11 and 0-4 from 3, so he was passing to Waiters who knocked it down.

I think what really hurts, or should hurt the Thunder is that stretch with Livingston, Verajao, and Barbosa. They had Durant out there against them and it ended up being a little run for the other side.

sytadel

The injuries forced that team to play a lineup that matches up better with GSW. They basically played a grind it out type of game. Plus it was clear the Warriors were caught up in the moment in the first couple of games. Once they settled in it wasn't a contest. With a healthy Kyrie and Love they are going to try and out run/gun the Warriors and they are going to get their asses kicked. KD on defense, Roberson and Adams were the biggest impacts for OKC to do what they did to the Dubs. The Cavs have nobody that can replicate what those guys did. Iman Shumpert and Tristian Thompson are, like, a homeless man's Roberson and Adams.

We just got done with a crazy 7 game series that made it readily obvious that matchups matter and people ignoring that and acting like the Cavs can do what OKC did like it's nothing.
Cavs took Game 3, pretty sure they were settled by then. It is absolutely incredible that LeBron + trash took 2 games, it can't be understated. If they lose it will be in 7, but my money is on a healthy Cavs + Frye.

MoeDabs

Curry has every right to thank some mythical creature for his "blessings. Just as anybody has the right to say how dumb it sounds. Chill.

You accuse someone of just now watching sports while at the same time proclaiming that "cleveland's defense is still good". Heh.

Their defense was "good" last year against the Warriors because Kyrie and Love were out. I know it's hard for people to wrap their heads around the idea that a team could play better in a particular matchup without two of their "superstars" but that's exactly what happened.

Lol wow. Okay then we'll just see what happens in the series since you're so sure they're gonna win.

Kusagari

What can't be understated about those finals was how un-Curry-like Curry looked for most of it.

I've felt this entire season that he'll be on a warpath this time and make sure he gets finals MVP.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Going to go with Cavs in 6. I have no reason for it other than simply not liking the style of basketball Golden State plays. I can respect them for being a great 3 point shooting team but it doesn't mean I enjoy it.

SCChappy

Banned
Cavs will sweep in 2 behind Playoff Kevin Love's Finals MVP performance

pretty much everyone saying the Warriors will win easy are the ones who said they'd sweep last year

Lol wow. Okay then we'll just see what happens in the series since you're so sure they're gonna win.

Having Delly and Thompson and Mozgov playing major minutes forced them to play a style that worked against the Warriors. It was slower, less possessions, grinding out. Not sure why that's so hard to believe. Thinking Love and Kyrie are automatic upgrades because they can score a lot or make a lot of money or have big names seems naive.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Cavs took Game 3, pretty sure they were settled by then. It is absolutely incredible that LeBron + trash took 2 games, it can't be understated. If they lose it will be in 7, but my money is on a healthy Cavs + Frye.
If CLE wants to get in a 3 point shooting contest with GS then good luck with that.

Exactly. It is easy to blame Westbrook for missing those shots and trying to be "hero", but there was no one willing to take charge. Not even Durant.

Because the role players were fucking garbage tonight. I knew Watiers and company were gon regress back to their garbage selves. It's hard for Durant and Russell to score everything when they get swarmed. The role players just need to hit their shots. All those guys need to spend the rest of the summer working on their game because they were the better team this series and they pissed it away being shit in key moments.

And Russ was forcing to an extent. When the game gets out of control he looks like a fucking fish out of water. Flopping everywhere, turning the ball over, launching bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom