• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkboy

That has to be one of the biggest choke jobs of all time, holy shit.

OKC really beat themselves, and you can't do that against a team like Golden State.

SaviorX

Cavs have a decent shot at winning this based on what I just witnessed.

What really killed OKC (besides poor decisions in consecutive key moments) was awful 3 point shooting. I don't think the Cavs have that problem.

Now whether their defense cancels that out, that's the question. If the Cavs don't win its definitely going to 7 games

spyder_ur

Fantastic series - fun following it with you folks.

I was laughing when the Thunder were down 8 or so and Waiters passed on an open three for a pullup 18 footer which he clanked. You can never fully tame Waiters.

I guess my prediction is GS in 6. The Cavs are similarly talented to the Thunder, but they don't present the same matchup problems.

I still think Green is a punk, but respect to the Dubs. That was an amazing comeback.

KD is gone to the East. I think the Wiz are a possibility to put him with Wall and Beal.

LeBron + trash took 2 games last year, now he has a healthy Love/Krie + Frye. King > Warrior.

The injuries forced that team to play a lineup that matches up better with GSW. They basically played a grind it out type of game. Plus it was clear the Warriors were caught up in the moment in the first couple of games. Once they settled in it wasn't a contest. With a healthy Kyrie and Love they are going to try and out run/gun the Warriors and they are going to get their asses kicked. KD on defense, Roberson and Adams were the biggest impacts for OKC to do what they did to the Dubs. The Cavs have nobody that can replicate what those guys did. Iman Shumpert and Tristian Thompson are, like, a homeless man's Roberson and Adams.

We just got done with a crazy 7 game series that made it readily obvious that matchups matter and people ignoring that and acting like the Cavs can do what OKC did like it's nothing.

LeBron + trash took 2 games last year, now he has a healthy Love/Krie + Frye. King > Warrior.

Yea, GSW is not playing the same Cavs from last year. If GSW does win, it will be a struggle. Cavs aren't going to lie down and die.

Though, its going to be interesting seeing who is going to stick Curry/Thompson

Two Words

wtf this doesnt make sense at all

shaq won 3 titles in la

try again

Plus, if you look at most of the NBA championship teams of the 2000s, they're from teams that stayed together until it worked.

Lakers, Spurs, Mavericks, Pistons, Warriors. Celtics and Heat are really the only examples of teams that quickly built a championship team through free agency.

Eos

grats warriors gaf
okc should be ashamed of themselves

yup love is going to get exploited
dude plays no defense at all

J2 Cool

If KD did come back, where do you upgrade OKC. I cant see how the team changes for the better. Theres still that critical flaw.

ViciousDS

Banned
Refs don't get complemented much, but I though they stayed out of that game really nicely. You could tell from the opening quarter.

Tempo was really nice, I mean it sucks for some calls..... But usually it gets ignored on both ends at times to make up for it. But fast insanity basketball like tonight towards the long stretches was awesome

Still wouldn't be better than those Bulls Teams /s.

Why a /s for a non sarcastic comment?

Cipherr

So the NBA got what they wanted huh. I guess it was to much to ask for them to not get the matchup that would drive the most ratings.

I was really hoping for Raptors OKC just to spite the league on that bullshit with Green, but he house always wins.

Always.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I've got to say that defensive performance by OKC was something special. No one has given GS that much trouble in 2 years. Shots are going to feel easy against CLE after that 7 game battle.

Sad about Westbrook though, dude deserves a ring. West is too crowded, maybe he should try the Lebron special of playing in the East and giving himself plenty of Finals. I mean, if Lebron can reach it with Ty fucking Lue as a coach, there's no way Westbrook can't with Brad Stevens.

9th loss in a win or go home game for the Zombies.

Sad about Westbrook though, dude deserves a ring. West is too crowded, maybe he should try the Lebron special of playing in the East and giving himself plenty of Finals. I mean, if Lebron can reach it with Ty fucking Lue as a coach, there's no way Westbrook can't with Brad Stevens.

He's from SoCal guy, I don't see him going to the East.

Any chance he will go the Rockets? :D

That way he can team up with his boy Harden again. Also, Rockets' defense will be more improved and comparable to GSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom