• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

Haha.

The league would be a complete joke if this came to fruition.

Bogut elbowed Lebron in the head and didn't get suspended so i fully expect IT to get suspended. If you're going to foul use elbows like this and don't even get foul calls

giphy.gif

megalowho

If there's no consequences, then I expect a very boring, physical game 4.

Edit: Zachary Randolph had a similar incident and was suspended for one game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PrrwkewwQ2w

However, his is obviously more deliberate. Isaiah tried to disguise it as an accident but you can clearly see he was trying to get some kind of reaction on Shroeder. I mean, I don't see how you just slap someone in the face like that on accident without the ball anywhere in the area lol.

Also, even if he does get suspended, Hawks tend to get pretty lax. Take last year for example. No John Wall! No problem! Not. But I guess the Wizards were a better team without Wall than compared to what the Celts would be without Thomas. Thomas is basically the entire offense.
He was pointing at Marcus Smart initially. Contact wasn't intentional, no reason Dennis had to run up against him either in open court. IT got a belated tech in game, could have been a flagrant but that's on the refs. If anything, upgrade it to a flagrant upon review or give him a fine, but a review leading to a suspension would be nuts. Game was full of face whacks, none of which were over the line.

He was pointing at Marcus Smart initially. Contact wasn't intentional, no reason Dennis had to run up against him either in open court. IT got a belated tech in game, could have been a flagrant but that's on the refs. If anything, upgrade it to a flagrant upon review or give him a fine, but a review leading to a suspension would be nuts. Game was full of face whacks, none of which were over the line.

Wasn't intentional? I don't care if he does get punished but there's no way that wasn't intentional. Isaiah must gave you an Oscar winning performance lol. And Dennis did have a reason, I believe he was supposed to stay on Isaiah at all times. It's not about over the line or whatever, clearly there was no basketball in the vicinity so it wasn't a basketball play. He wasn't going for a rebound or loose ball or something where contact like that does happen. I'm not going to argue, but whatever happens will dictate game 4. The refs will be keeping a close eye on Isaiah and Dennis, and I don't expect Isaiah to get those phantom shooting fouls.

On another note, Rafer Alston was just trying to get a bug off Eddies head.

As expected, there's no way the NBA messes with the most competitive series so far. Plus it's the Hawks, I wouldn't have been surprised if Dennis got suspended instead lmao.

Tom Penny

Smart fined $5,000 for his flop. IT won't be suspended but he was issued a flagrant-1.

Smart should have been suspended then beaten for taking another stupid 3 in tight game. Why he can't just take spot up jumpers instead of trying shit like he is Curry is beyond me..

Celtics have a better shot of winning their respective series than the Raptors do. No lie.

Probably.

Paul Pierce is right. We don't have "it"

I think when he meant "it" is that we don't have a bonafide NBA superstar. Lowry is okay. Derozan shows up when he feels like it. Trade both or one of them.

Bread

Banned
Probably.

Paul Pierce is right. We don't have "it"

I think when he meant "it" is that we don't have a bonafide NBA superstar. Lowry is okay. Derozan shows up when he feels like it. Trade both or one of them.
Get rid of derozan, he's the most overrated player in the league

This is a loss the raps need to look at and realize they aren't good enough to just clown around. They turned the ball over so much and and didn't stick wide open looks.

Oh, Demar was bad. The dude just doesn't move the ball or come off screens and shoot. Just runs around on iso.

Derwind

Honestly, I dont feel the Raps deserve to win this series. Pacers/Raps series is basically a race to see which team will shit the bed the hardest and Raps are working very hard to make themselves the obvious winners here. The Pacers havent even been playing great either but they're playing like the hungrier team.

The Raps need to get their shit together or we need to start thinking about who want to keep next season, Derozan is not a max contract player.

Tom Penny

Celtics have a better shot of winning their respective series than the Raptors do. No lie.

Nope. ATL is still controlling the games and making the Celtics take ton of jumpers and they fall in love with the shit. It won't get them the series. I'm pretty confident they are top 5 in missed open shots in then NBA this year. Like GS shoots better from 3 then they do on open jumpers.

It also makes no sense that Deng is really good at basketball things now..

TSM

Nope. ATL is still controlling the games and making the Celtics take ton of jumpers and they fall in love with the shit. It won't get them the series. I'm pretty confident they are top 5 in missed open shots in then NBA this year. Like GS shoots better from 3 then they do on open jumpers.

It also makes no sense that Deng is really good at basketball things now..

The Celtics have no choice but to shoot a bunch of jumpers to try and space the floor for Isaah and Turner anyway. The Celtics generally can only win by volume shooting, and have to have an extra 10-20 shots over the other team to compete. Luckily they usually have the defense to make it work.

Tom Penny

The Celtics have no choice but to shoot a bunch of jumpers to try and space the floor for Isaah and Turner anyway. The Celtics generally can only win by volume shooting, and have to have an extra 10-20 shots over the other team to compete. Luckily they usually have the defense to make it work.

They have to generate offense on defense that's why Bradley is really screwing them. Teague is really getting were he wants.Reality is like I said they are a terrible shooting team among the worst in the entire league. Their scoring average is due to pace not efficiency. ATL is just a bad matchup with Milsap and Horford just dropping back and daring them to shoot. I don't blame them one bit either. It's crazy when the Swedish Larry Bird has to play 37 minutes..it's insane lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom