• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I was just trying to make winning plays for my team." Marcus Smart.

HAHAHA.

I'm excited (or scared, not really sure) for Game 4. It could either be an extremely physical game or the refs clamp down and neither team can play defense properly. I hope it's a good game either way.

phanphare

Banned
man, I wish the NBA used a better video player or put all their stuff on youtube

steve clifford had a drop the mic moment in his postgame interview yesterday

when asked about frank kaminsky he said:

steve clifford said:
you know it's funny, is that patrick and I talked two days ago and he's always saying, "we gotta post frank some" and he's right. and I was going to the game thinking, "we're gonna post frank" and I don't always get to it. so actually yesterday in communicating with michael, michael said, "I'd think about posting frank some." if you have two first ballot HoF'ers, and you averaged 4 a game at Maine Farmington, and they both say post frank? hell shit, you gotta post frank.

he got a big laugh, chuckled, and then just said "seeya" and walked off

it's at 4m42s here - http://www.nba.com/hornets/video/teams/hornets/2016/04/24/1461464473272-160423-Coach_002.m4v-470315

rambis

Banned
It makess sense that your team is full of fucking little whiny bitches when your team leader is one. Luckily this version of the Clippers will never amount to jack shit because they can't handle anything come pressure time. Ultimate chokers because you can't fake heart.
I hate the clippers overall like most people but CP3 isnt a choker. The way he pretty much single handly closed out the Spurs and the end of G7 last year was epic. Its crazy that an aging 6ft guard with one good knee can still have it like that. I hate how his career has ended up like it has thus far.

hi nbagaf,
started watching playoffs this year more intently but I am still a rookie.

Got a question about this new rule change that will be added regarding FT shots? making it easier for terrible shooters or something? I dont understand it please help thanks.

El Topo

I don't think they've announced any official rule change, although at this point it seems all but given. I guess they'll change non-shooting fouls when a team is in the bonus, i.e. maybe the team gets to choose who takes the free throw?

TSM

hi nbagaf,
started watching playoffs this year more intently but I am still a rookie.

Got a question about this new rule change that will be added regarding FT shots? making it easier for terrible shooters or something? I dont understand it please help thanks.

Basically instead of using it strategically some coaches would spend most of a quarter fouling a bad free throw shooter which basically makes the game unwatchable as no one payed or tuned in to watch a guy brick free throws for 15 or 20 minutes. It just kills the flow of the game.

Nafai1123

Banned
I don't think they've announced any official rule change, although at this point it seems all but given. I guess they'll change non-shooting fouls when a team is in the bonus, i.e. maybe the team gets to choose who takes the free throw?

Seems like a good option. That way they won't have to deal with determining what's a hack.

That would kill the game IMO. The only logic thing is to allow the team to choose between keeping possession or letting the guy who was fouled shoot FT.

megalowho

man, I wish the NBA used a better video player or put all their stuff on youtube

steve clifford had a drop the mic moment in his postgame interview yesterday
Great response. And yea, would much rather have the NBA put everything on YouTube, including uncut postgame interviews.

Okay, that makes even more sense, assuming the clock is set back a bit.

Yes, maybe even allow the clock to fully reset. The problem of having a designated FT shooter is that guys like Steph and Harden are going to average 50 points per game shooting a bunch of freebies they didn't earn. Not to mention how the defenses would slack.

Marz

Yes, maybe even allow the clock to fully reset. The problem of having a designated FT shooter is that guys like Steph and Harden are going to average 50 points per game shooting a bunch of freebies they didn't earn. Not to mention how the defenses would slack.

If the rules in place, you're not going to see a million off the ball fouls.

I'm not following your logic here. The issue currently is the intentional off the ball fouls. Unintentional off the ball fouls are not actually that common.

If the rules in place, you're not going to see a million off the ball fouls.

I'm not following your logic here. The issue currently is the intentional off the ball fouls. Unintentional off the ball fouls are not actually that common.

You already see a lot of off the ball fouls on screens and stuff. For example, why should a player shoot a couple of FT because an opposing player ran over his teammate on a screen? I don't think this situation is uncommon enough, and when you know you could be called for something like this and put Stephen Curry on the line it could lead to defenses playing a bit looser.

I just don't like this (although I exaggerated on my 50 PPG example). Giving a team the choice of letting the player shoot the FT or keep possession would make more sense IMO.

Marz

You already see a lot of off the ball fouls on screens and stuff. For example, why should a player shoot a couple of FT because an opposing player ran over his teammate on a screen? I don't think this situation is uncommon enough, and when you know you could be called for something like this and put Stephen Curry on the line it could lead to defenses playing a bit looser.

I just don't like this (although I exaggerated on my 50 PPG example). Giving a team the choice of letting the player shoot the FT or keep possession would make more sense IMO.

Fighting through a screen is not an intentional foul. The league already gives the referees a lot of freedom when it comes to judging what is and isn't a foul, i think they're capable of spotting the difference.

Fighting through a screen is not an intentional foul. The league already gives the referees a lot of freedom when it comes to judging what is and isn't a foul, i think they're capable of spotting the difference.

What if you're fighting a screen set by DeAndre Jordan?

Marz

What if you're fighting a screen set by DeAndre Jordan?

Then if the ref decides its a foul its treated like it always has been and Jordan shoots 2 free throws if the other team is in the penalty.

Big difference from hugging Deandre Jordan intentionally off the ball for 5 possessions in a row.

Then if the ref decides its a foul its treated like it always has been and Jordan shoots 2 free throws if the other team is in the penalty.

Big difference from hugging Deandre Jordan intentionally off the ball for 5 possessions in a row.

I agree that there's a difference, but I don't like the idea of letting another player shoot the FT when something looks intentional (because let's face it, this doesn't kill the strategy, it just makes it less egregious since you could just ram DeAndre Jordan every time he sets a screen). It feels like a confusing NFL rule and refs can't even get flagrant fouls consistently so I dislike giving them more subjectivity power.

I do think that something needs to be done, I personally prefer allowing the team to keep possession instead of shooting the FT.

Fjordson

Curry back and Klay already has two 3's. Also, don't want to jinx this *knock on wood* but Curry looks just fine so far. Especially on the inside-out and 1 against Beverly. Will have to see how it holds up.

phanphare

Banned
curry looks good, don't see anything out of the ordinary. he's being very active without the ball and isn't afraid to get in the paint. was just fronting his man hard on the post. good to see.

Fjordson

Good to see gsw actually playing the boards on offense.
Yeah, Bogut looks much more active.

I think that's just kinda how he is these days with the injuries and mileage. He'll have a great game or two, and then just look out of it two days later and go on a fouling spree and play 14 minutes. Thankfully he usually comes back around when it matters, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom