• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

bPod

I was cheering for Toronto to lose and they did. Jurassic park covered in salt lol

Hope they get eliminated first round

Cant watch the game at the moment but according to Twitter, Beverly is being his usual piece of shit self in this game?

lol @ Raptors losing their first playoff game at home.

Jarate

Banned
Beverly is going to look silly by the end of this.
he got a T on curry

not his fault that Harden cant make layups and they cant shoot 3's

also, the Rockets offense looks like the sixers offense, doesnt look like they have a guy who can hit a 3 point shot, and their ball movement has been dreadful. Small Ball is the answer to these teams that just try to run on teams.

this game is gonna suck

Oh the Curry women

large.gif

Line_HTX

Lol Mark Jackson "Dwight Howard, future HoF."

This one and Jeff van Gundy saying Bickerstaff "did one hell of a job" on that one other game where they choked away a 20 point lead and folded AGAIN in the final minute just makes me frown at both him and Mark...

>:/

Now where is my blowout sweep, Gully State? I'm waiting...

Edit: Shameful, Toronto. SHAMEFUL IMBECILES!!

Jarate

Banned
its really amazing how much better at ball movement the Warriors are then the Rockets. This is something that we're starting to see a lot of young players be good at. Young guys in the USA are being developed really well now.

Line_HTX

Rockets are the worst team in the playoffs this year, and honestly, the Jazz are a better team, and are much better against the dubs

This is why I never wanted them to make it to begin with.

Also, that 1st Round draft pick we had? Gave it back to Denver from that Ty Lawson trade because we made it.

Jarate

Banned
Craptors why you do dis to me?

Why?

Come on fam.

I dont think people realize how good of a year Paul George has been having

yeah, his team is the 7th seed, but hes been an absolute monster this year and has carried the team all year. He can easily steal a series

he'll probably struggle against Lebron though

This is why I never wanted them to make it to begin with.

Also, that 1st Round draft pick we had? Gave it back to Denver from that Ty Lawson trade because we made it.

They sold their souls to win a chip last year

unless they can pull off some good trades, I think they need to think about eebuilding. Harden is a guy that can still win games, but small ball invalidates a lot of his ability to make contact against huge guys

Jarate

Banned
Patrick Beverly is the only guy on the Rockets thats showing any type of urgency

Howard and Harden look so bleh

Jarate

Banned
this rockets team is so poorly coached holy shit

so many times they dont make an extra pass, and dont look for the open guy. I giess thats what happens when you dont have a knockdown 3 shooter

ViciousDS

Banned
what the hell kind of rebound was that howard lol.....you made no effort to even grab the damn thing......this team....dear heavens

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Houston is just head cases... Dwight seems like a cancer for some reason.. but there's no reason for a team that has one of the best players in the league in Harden and a top 5 center can't play better than this.

Maybe it's coaching, but something in that locker room ain't right.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Houston imploding... damn.. just imploding..

That's 2 offensive fouls, a off ball foul and a Howard missed dunk in like 2 mins.

Jarate

Banned
Houston is just head cases... Dwight seems like a cancer for some reason.. but there's no reason for a team that has one of the best players in the league in Harden and a top 5 center can't play better than this.

Maybe it's coaching, but something in that locker room ain't right.

I wouldnt say Harden was a top 5 player this year

honestly, they play a lot of iso ball and try to get inside for layups. teams will just clog the paint and if you dont have a shooter you're fucked

Small ball is the perfect gimmick response to these 7 seconds or less teams that depended on being super fast and penetration. But, small ball has a clear defined weakness in the fact that it has a hard time stopping certain bigs, it's why you saw them struggle against The Bucks this year and the Jazz (although the Bucks and Jazz both super underperformed this year)

It makes me want that Okafor and Embiid lineup in philly. Teams shouldnt be afraid of having huge post players anymore, its just that post players need to be good defenders nowadays

ViciousDS

Banned
lol Another moving screen. Beverly with the "thats fucking bullshit!" to the ref there haha

warriors unlikely to ever get moving screens called on them.....there whole team gets superstar treatment in that category

edit: LOL holy shit at the moving screen on harden.....fucking golden state really gets away with guys throwing a pick and walking with it

Jarate

Banned
NBA really needs to tell refs to call moving screens more. Not saying it's only the warriors, or hating on the warriors for taking advantage of refs, but this shit is sometimes ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom