• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
warriors unlikely to ever get moving screens called on them.....there whole team gets superstar treatment in that category

edit: LOL holy shit at the moving screen on harden.....fucking golden state really gets away with guys throwing a pick and walking with it

Yeah true, Draymond especially is known to do this shit and getting away with it.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I wouldnt say Harden was a top 5 player this year

honestly, they play a lot of iso ball and try to get inside for layups. teams will just clog the paint and if you dont have a shooter you're fucked

Small ball is the perfect gimmick response to these 7 seconds or less teams that depended on being super fast and penetration. But, small ball has a clear defined weakness in the fact that it has a hard time stopping certain bigs, it's why you saw them struggle against The Bucks this year and the Jazz (although the Bucks and Jazz both super underperformed this year)

It makes me want that Okafor and Embiid lineup in philly. Teams shouldnt be afraid of having huge post players anymore, its just that post players need to be good defenders nowadays

I go Steph/Westbrook/LeBron/Durant/Harden

I mean you can argue Kawhi... but yeah.. statistically it's his best season ever for Harden. His only real weakness other than D, is the 3pt.. he shoots too many for his %. Yet he's still one of the best finishers in the league, and he get's to the line a lot.

Jarate

Banned
I go Steph/Westbrook/LeBron/Durant/Harden

I mean you can argue Kawhi... but yeah.. statistically it's his best season ever for Harden.

Kawhi, Paual George, Klay Thompson, Boogie are all players id pick up over Harden. didnt Harden break the record for most Turnovers in a year this year? also, his defense is garbage.

I'm so glad the Rockets are losing, but a number of these calls are super questionable. However, after Patrick Beverly started out the game with his unique brand of bullshit "let's poke the bear repeatedly" brand of defense, fuck 'em. I don't know why people praise that nonsense; how effective is it to "get in your opponent's head" when that opponent responds by raining fire and death on you all over the court? Maybe pissing Steph Curry off isn't the best game plan?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Kawhi, Paual George, Klay Thompson, Boogie are all players id pick up over Harden. didnt Harden break the record for most Turnovers in a year this year? also, his defense is garbage.

You're crazy.

Kawhi and George you can argue.. Boogie is worse defensively than Harden.. and I like Klay, but nah.. he's not top 10 at all.

Also yeah, Harden is a TO machine.. but per 48 he's better than Westbrook and almost equal to Boogie.

So it's a knock, but the rest of his offensive game is matched by only Step, Westbrook, Durant, Lillard... then it's down a tier.

I'm so glad the Rockets are losing, but a number of these calls are super questionable. However, after Patrick Beverly started out the game with his unique brand of bullshit "let's poke the bear repeatedly" brand of defense, fuck 'em. I don't know why people praise that nonsense; how effective is it to "get in your opponent's head" when that opponent responds by raining fire and death on you all over the court? Maybe pissing Steph Curry off isn't the best game plan?

Exactly. I'd feel bad about these calls for any team other than the Rockets.

Jarate

Banned
You're crazy.

Kawhi and George you can argue.. Boogie is worse defensively than Harden.. and I like Klay, but nah.. he's not top 10 at all.

Also yeah, Harden is a TO machine.. but per 48 he's better than Westbrook and almost equal to Boogie.

So it's a knock, but the rest of his offensive game is matched by only Step, Westbrook, Durant, Lillard... then it's down a tier.

Klay is 2nd all time this season on 3 points made, is super tall for a SG, and plays really good defense. He's better then Harden at this stage.

Boogie is the only questionable one, but since both players are terrible defenders, I'd rather have Boogie on offense then Harden. Harden gets so many FT attempts that pad his stats, and once you hit the playoffs and teams get less lazy with their defense, his numbers start to get worse. I like Harden a lot, but you'd be crazy to put him top 5 this year.

megalowho

KAT, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Draymond Green and healthy Anthony Davis > Harden too. Puts up stats with poor defense, leadership and intangibles.

Jarate

Banned
KAT, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Draymond Green and healthy Anthony Davis > Harden too. Puts up stats with poor defense, leadership and intangibles.

Only one I'd might take over Harden is AD for a single season. Chris Paul actually too.

KAT is still a rookie (his upside is ridiculous but he's still somewhat limited) Blake Griffin is pretty limited as a player and can't carry a team like Harden can, and Draymond would not be nearly as efficient if he was on the Rockets as opposed to the Warriors.

Frenden

Banned
It's the right ankle, too--the problem one.

I'm a Spurs homer, but I don't want to see Curry injured. Especially not on account of the scrublord Rockets.

Frenden

Banned
The Rockets are the only team in basketball I actively despise. There is no more complete a collection of shithead players than their roster.

Servbot24

Banned
The Rockets are the only team in basketball I actively despise. There is no more complete a collection of shithead players than their roster.

Worst thing about them is that even as they get swept they're going to try to drag Warriors down with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom