• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because 82 games is a stupid amount of games, and Pop is the only coach playing for the post season during the regular season.

Even Golden State who knew they had the regular season on lock had to start seeing injuries late in the season before they decided to moderate their players game time.

8 Spurs played at least 72 games this year.

Bowser

Cg8V8ZWWIAA1nLC.jpg

welp

Nafai1123

Banned
Or maybe the regular season takes it's toll and the players chances of major injuries instead of minor injuries becomes more likely.

Yeah sure that's possible with nagging issues, but at least in Curry and CP3s injuries they've just been freak accidents. I'm not sure how you can see them and think otherwise.

Um, this doesn't affect OKC's changes of the WCF. OKC plays the Spurs next. I don't think they're making it past 'em.

Mustve had a brain fart. Yeah, that squad aint making it past SA. Pre LMA, Id leave open the possibility because the Spurs choke regularly, but this season theyre too much of a force.

TSM

Warriors must be thrilled. If Curry can make it back for the WCF, they can probably beat a Clips team with no CP3 and a hobbled Griffon without needing Curry.

Warriors must be thrilled. If Curry can make it back for the WCF, they can probably beat a Clips team with no CP3 and a hobbled Griffon without needing Curry.

Clips are done. Portland has momentum now. Paul is gone. Griffin is a gimp. Another first round ouster for my Clips. Fucking shits.

Point Guard injuries in the Western Conference.

1 Golden State Warriors Curry MCL Sprain
2 San Antonio Spurs Parker
3 Oklahoma City Thunder Westbrook
4 Los Angeles Clippers CP3 Broken arm
5 Portland Trail Blazers Damian Lilard
6 Dallas Mavericks Deron Williams abdominal strain
7 Memphis Grizzlies Mike Conley Achilles
8 Houston Rockets Beverly day-to-day hamstring injury

These charts of how long players were out with fractures in their hands doesn't mean shit without distinguishing the dominant hand injuries from the others.

If all these injuries take longer than expected, I can safely say I don't know can take it all in June. It's open

open? It is Cavs vs. Spurs that is the most likely outcome.

Curry is the biggest x-factor that can potentially change that.

Cavs are sweeping through the Celtics/Hawks and Raps/Pacers/Heat/Hornets easily.

neptunes

Looks like the Spurs right now barring any injuries.
OKC is incredibly streaky, that series is going 6-7 games, especially if KD and YNB feel that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Do not count out talent like that, especially if said talent feels invigorated.

open? It is Cavs vs. Spurs that is the most likely outcome.

Curry is the biggest x-factor that can potentially change that.

Cavs are sweeping through the Celtics/Hawks and Raps/Pacers/Heat/Hornets easily.

(though I don't think Cleveland's sweeping both of their remaining East opponents - they're probably dropping one or two like last year)

it was gonna be Cavs/Warriors before all this, now the West can go either way

Cavs aren't sweeping the east

They will sweep next round - or lose 1 game max
Only real test outta the east is the heat and lol they might not even make it

WoodWERD

I always fear OKC a bit after that steamrolling in the 2012 WCF. Spurs caught a break in 2014 when Ibaka went out...it's gonna be a tough series.

Huge Portland fan, so I'm glad they won, but I'm just sick over the Chris Paul injury. Between that and Curry, these playoffs are shaping up to be a big shit sandwich. I mean, I'd love the Blazers to win the series against the Clippers, but I'm not so biased to think that they're the better team if Paul is healthy. That's a shitty way to win. And it just sucks that Curry has one of the best seasons of all time, and the exclamation point we get in the post-season is two minor injuries that will sideline him for a significant number of games. Fuck.

And Portland was winning even when Chris Paul was in, dammit. Why does fate have to be such a jerk?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Huge Portland fan, so I'm glad they won, but I'm just sick over the Chris Paul injury. Between that and Curry, these playoffs are shaping up to be a big shit sandwich. I mean, I'd love the Blazers to win the series against the Clippers, but I'm not so biased to think that they're the better team if Paul is healthy. That's a shitty way to win. And it just sucks that Curry has one of the best seasons of all time, and the exclamation point we get in the post-season is two minor injuries that will sideline him for a significant number of games. Fuck.

And Portland was winning even when Chris Paul was in, dammit. Why does fate have to be such a jerk?
Portland has had enough shit injuries over the years that I'm just like whatever.

I know CP3's broken hand is the hot news right now. But I have a question for Heat fans.

What do you think happens if Miami gets bounced from the 1st round? You gotta give Whiteside a new contract, do you bring back Luol Deng? What do you give Wade? Is Bosh still even going to play basketball at this point?

That team is going to be interesting to watch during the summer.

B.O.O.M

man ya'all talking about western conferences and shit and here I am thinking ..they said this Blazer team will the 28 or so by the end of the regular season..what a fking ride! So proud of this team

Chi3f went HAM today too

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 56s56 seconds ago
In addition to Chris Paul and Blake Griffin injuries, JJ Redick said his left heel will be an issue for rest of playoffs. Awful day for L.A.

JJ Redick has left heel injury.

Clippers lost big tonight. Big core might never be the same.
Doc The Gm might have to do something this off-season.

yeah, but, luck is always a factor. GS caught a break when they played the Cavs reserves+lebron last year. They might have still won, sure, but luck.

Kevtones

man ya'all talking about western conferences and shit and here I am thinking ..they said this Blazer team will the 28 or so by the end of the regular season..what a fking ride! So proud of this team

Chi3f went HAM today too

I don't remember seeing him miss. I only watched the final 26 minutes but he was pure tonight.

SO was Crabbe. 5/5. They weren't easy shots either. Guy stepped the fuck up.

TSM

OKC is incredibly streaky, that series is going 6-7 games, especially if KD and YNB feel that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Do not count out talent like that, especially if said talent feels invigorated.

Pop will make the other 3 guys on the court with them score in the fourth quarter or they'll have to win with hero ball 4 out of 7 games. Westbrook and KD plus three defenders in the fourth quarter is not going to get it done against the Spurs or a healthy GSW. They haven't trusted the other guys all season and I don't see them starting in the Playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom