• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos

Apparently, Kyle Lowry is playing through an elbow injury but I don't believe it. Fuck you Lowry just playing like trash Lol. I don't buy it.

nah i definitely believe it. he's been playing with a banged up elbow since january, they even drained it a couple of times.

OKC is incredibly streaky, that series is going 6-7 games, especially if KD and YNB feel that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Do not count out talent like that, especially if said talent feels invigorated.
They dont even run an offense most of their games and they are poorly coached. Theyll be out in 6 games. You cant win more than that playing the way they do against a cohesive and talented and well coached unit like SA. LMA and Kawhi ensure they can absorb whatever scoring bursts OKC goes on and answer it on the offensive end. (the way LMA has changed the way this SA team matches up with teams like OKC cant be overstated)

Alex Kennedy ✔ ‎@AlexKennedyNBA
Doc Rivers on Griffin: "It doesn't look great for him either. He said he planted and felt something... I'd say he's 50/50 for next game."

As a Raptors fan, I wanna see Paul Pierce play because "that is why they brought me here" right Paul?
Just 2 more games till you retire.

Tomorrow, Raps better take care of business against the Pacers something tells me they won't.

TSM

Im taking Portland to win the series. The Clippers dont have the mental toughness to get by without CP and Blake has poor leadership skills. I feel bad for Paul Pierce.

Actually the Clips were surprisingly good when Paul was out and Griffin was playing a point forward. Unfortunately a hobbled Griffin isn't going to get it done.

B.O.O.M

I don't remember seeing him miss. I only watched the final 26 minutes but he was pure tonight.

SO was Crabbe. 5/5. They weren't easy shots either. Guy stepped the fuck up.

Exactly. And Crabbe has been struggling badly so far too so this was really needed for his confidence.

Eos

in the mavs-thunder series, durant's shooting percentages were 36.8 FG% and 26.8 3PT%, which are some of his worst percentages in a playoff series. He better hope that he find his shot again... cuz he won't be shooting any better with Kawhi on him.
spurs in 6

Kevtones

Exactly. And Crabbe has been struggling badly so far too so this was really needed for his confidence.

I think he gave Gerald and Lillard whatever his affliction was. Lillard funked out of it but Gerald was shooting through new gravity tonight. Shit was ugly.

random25

I really don't see the Spurs losing another game until WCF should they meet a healthy Warriors team, barring any freak injuries to the Spurs' main squad. They are just so good right now, and probably the best the team has ever been in their history.

I'll give OKC one game max. This is gonna be Spurs in 5.

Chichikov

Kawhi can casually walk into pull up 3 pointers? Or does he need 3 different screens and 4 passes?
Yes he can, he's one of the best 3 pts shooters in the league.
Now it's true, he doesn't take as many walk into a pull up 3 as Durant, but that's because The Spurs actually have an offensive system while OKC run a "let's give it to Durant/Westbrook and see what happens" style offence.
But he is capable of making them if need be.

p.s.
I'm not saying he's as good as an offensive player as Durant. He isn't.

I was considering going to the Hawks game but I don't want to be let down and jinx the team since every game I've been to have been L's. I hope we win D:

Bowser

Magic actually did that because Mo was no longer in their plans but they genuinely liked the guy and wanted to send him to a good situation:

It never shows up in the transaction log, but in the NBA personal relationships are often the driving force behind a successful deal, whether it's a free-agent signing or a trade. In many respects the deal was constructed on the strength of a pair of relationships:

Olshey and Orlando assistant general manager Scott Perry had been friends for years, and Perry was aware that Olshey liked Harkless' game.

The Orlando front office sincerely liked and respected Harkless and wanted to make sure he landed in a good situation. These are the kinds of gestures that earn an organization goodwill around the league, and Orlando has developed a superb reputation around the league in this regard.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15316064/trail-blazers-streamline-fly-renovations

Misterhbk

Getting a good one in during the regular season ain't the same as doing that four games out of seven.

But yeah, Blazers match up well w/ Golden State. Or decently, at least.

Blazers vs Warriors will be a massacre. Kerr will just force constant switches with Lillard, forcing him to guard bigger guys like Livingston, Klay, Barnes, Draymond. He'll either be in foul trouble or just get destroyed in the post. You can't play Dame and CJ against that lineup because they're both too small. They'd get bodied. Even sans Curry.

UncleMeat

pfffttt Ginobili will beat OKC with one nut and use his leftover other nut to boost the Spurs power levels DBZ style like a senzu bean.

His solar-powered-bald-spot superpowers do concern me some....

I wish the Spurs would be as overconfident and dismissive as their fans, but of course they won't be. Spurs in 7, Patty Mills flop count over/under: 56.

UncleMeat

He was always going to face either Spurs, OKC, or Warriors and have no home court against any of them. So unless all three collapse nothing changes for him.

Cavs have a better record than OKC I believe. Also, it would be a very Thunder thing to do to somehow miraculously get out of the west only to lose the finals to LeBron again.

Spurs winning a title is just boring for the NBA. I said it.

Again the way they play basketball is exciting and outstanding but them winning another title isn't appealing at all.

Eos

GOATcan will be getting his 6th
full

h1nch

Kawhi can casually walk into pull up 3 pointers? Or does he need 3 different screens and 4 passes?

He can hit a walk up 3 with a dude in front of him. He doesn't do it as often as KD does since the Spurs move the ball around a lot more, but he picks his spots.

I think he gave Gerald and Lillard whatever his affliction was. Lillard funked out of it but Gerald was shooting through new gravity tonight. Shit was ugly.

I was watching the game with my buddy, and he made the morbid, but perhaps accurate, assessment that Gerald Henderson's ass was the Blazers MVP when it broke CP3's hand. So from the shitty "any means necessary" perspective, Gerald Henderson did pretty good. But from an actual basketball standpoint, yeah, that was a bad game for Gerald. The Clippers' defense is overplaying the guards and forcing the Blazers overmatched frontcourt to beat them; if Henderson can't hit open midrange shots, they'll let him shoot all night.

J2 Cool

OKC is incredibly streaky, that series is going 6-7 games, especially if KD and YNB feel that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Do not count out talent like that, especially if said talent feels invigorated.

I entirely agree. Yet I see them going down to Lebron if they knocked off SA and a weakened GSW haha. Either from the moment being too big, Lebrons mental edge, or experience. Just see OKC as the perennial dangerous but falls short team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom