• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead.

Cg82QXIW0AIyQ94.jpg

My friend always said that on my grave stone will read "enduring pursuit followed by self sabotage"
I feel like that applies to the Clips as well. Sigh.

Haha I feel sorry for the Clips. Well not really. CP3 is a great player but I hate his antics and I hate Blake Griffin the same. Hope CP3 can get a ring one day but not Blake.

Ronin Ray

I was reading Marc Cuban's comments on Westbrook this morning and all I took away from it was Cuban admitted putting some garbage teams around Dirk.

He's 1-1 against them when he actually has had a squad.

2007 he was pretty much in the finals by himself. They definitely aren't his demon if that's what you're saying.

I dont think the Cavs are good enough to beat the Spurs team, though they definitely have an incredibly dangerous trio of offensive weapons and 3 point shooters galore. Luckily for the Spurs, Kyrie and KLove are not without their own set of issues, namely, over-dribbling and ball stoppage from Kyrie and wishy washy defense from Kevin Love. I hope MIA can deal with that Charlotte squad next two games and go on to face the Cavs, cause that would be an interesting series and test for Cleveland.

Calling it now

Won't see Cavs, OKC, Clippers in the finals. These teams don't seem to want to win as much as a few of the other teams in their expected divisions and I will add GS to the list of teams you won't see in the finals. I am curious to see how the Cavs come around after a fairly sloppy season for a team that is expected to win the East. If lebron starts acting up I don't see them making it, but if he gets his game and head straight they could pull it off.

ViciousDS

Banned
I dont think the Cavs are good enough to beat the Spurs team, though they definitely have an incredibly dangerous trio of offensive weapons and 3 point shooters galore. Luckily for the Spurs, Kyrie and KLove are not without their own set of issues, namely, over-dribbling and ball stoppage from Kyrie and wishy washy defense from Kevin Love. I hope MIA can deal with that Charlotte squad next two games and go on to face the Cavs, cause that would be an interesting series and test for Cleveland.

I want miami to face cleveland sooooooooo bad

Calling it now

Won't see Cavs, OKC, Clippers in the finals. These teams don't seem to want to win as much as a few of the other teams in their expected divisions and I will add GS to the list of teams you won't see in the finals. I am curious to see how the Cavs come around after a fairly sloppy season for a team that is expected to win the East. If lebron starts acting up I don't see them making it, but if he gets his game and head straight they could pull it off.
Keep writing those checks.

I don't see who is defeating the Cavs in the East. Can you indicate who?

unless Love or Kyrie gets hurt Cavs are probably going to the finals

Heat would be the biggest threat , lots of bodies to try to contain LeBron - Deng, Joe , offensive boards handled by Whiteside , SHOOK when LeBron plays in Miami, he's still weak as fuck mentally for stuff like that

Wade is ready to troll

phanphare

Banned
no one's beating the cavs in the east unless lebron gets injured

I thought miami could do it after game 1 and 2 of that series but they just don't have enough to sustain that level of play over a 7 game series. they're not getting by the cavs without some serious help from their bench. whiteside is salty about getting fouls from cody and jlin? lebron would feast.

I thought I was getting serious replies. Nah, I don't believe you mean what you posted. That's not how basketball works.

well i guess youre right, the pistons couldn't beat them. but the rest? Yeah, definitely.

If you haven't watched the other teams in the east you wouldn't know it but this is the strongest the eastern conference has been in ages

well i guess youre right, the pistons couldn't beat them. but the rest? Yeah, definitely.

If you haven't watched the other teams in the east you wouldn't know it but this is the strongest the eastern conference has been in ages
I have watched them, that's why I'm saying that the Cavs would be favored over them to advance. Having a greater than zero chance to beat the Cavs don't mean they possess a significant chance to do so. Hawks lack the leadership and the players, Celtics lack the personnel, shooters, Heat provide the most significant challenge on paper but they lack offensive consistency that you would need. The hornet's are a very intense team but have consistency and personnel questions that could make the match up with the Cavs a nightmare for them. The raptors are no threat to beat anyone in the playoffs and the pacers don't have the roster or the consistency to be favored.

Am I wrong?

I have watched them, that's why I'm saying that the Cavs would be favored over them to advance. Having a greater than zero chance to beat the Cavs don't mean they possess a significant chance to do so. Hawks lack the leadership and the players, Celtics lack the personnel, shooters, Heat provide the most significant challenge on paper but they lack offensive consistency that you would need. The hornet's are a very intense team but have consistency and personnel questions that could make the match up with the Cavs a nightmare for them. The raptors are no threat to beat anyone in the playoffs and the pacers don't have the roster or the consistency to be favored.

Am I wrong?

it's a reductive assessment of the eastern conference but overall, seems like it's mostly on the money.

the only argument i think is off is about the heat's offense. They're facing one of the toughest defensive teams in the league in the hornets right now and it's no wonder the series is even. I wouldn't let how that series has played out be a testament to how streaky the heat's offense is so much as how effective the hornet's defense has been as they settled into the series.

The Heat went from averaging 96 points before the All-Star break to 107.4, behind only the Warriors, Oklahoma City, Portland and Houston. That’s the fourth-biggest jump in NBA history, Elias said Thursday.

Charlotte gave up just over 100 points per game during the regular season, ninth-best in the NBA

So it's been a top tier offense against a top ten defense. The lopsided ness of it all kinda makes sense with some context

it's a reductive assessment of the eastern conference but overall, seems like it's mostly on the money.

the only argument i think is off is about the heat's offense. They're facing one of the toughest defensive teams in the league in the hornets right now and it's no wonder the series is even. I wouldn't let how that series has played out be a testament to how streaky the heat's offense is so much as how effective the hornet's defense has been as they settled into the series.

So it's been a top tier offense against a top ten defense. The lopsided ness of it all kinda makes sense with some context
Yes, I acknowledge it's intentionally reductionist, this is a forum, so brevity is required IMO. They do have offensive firepower but I don't see the weapons to be a consistent offense in the playoffs, that allowed the Hornet's, which aren't a hi-power offense, to win 2 games. They lack the consistent shooters to space the floor against a disciplined and athletic defense that will allow Wade/dragic/Winslow/Deng to shoot 3s, while aiming to close the driving lanes and the passing lanes inside the paint. I also acknowledge their potential, I just doubt their consistency levels.

Fjordson

So as a Warriors fan I became a Blazers fan last night and for the rest of this round...but now maybe I'd rather play the Clippers? Portland only won 44 games, but I feel like they'd be tougher than the Clips with no CP 3 and an injured Blake.

So long as GS takes care of business tomorrow that is. Don't want to assume tbh.

I was reading Marc Cuban's comments on Westbrook this morning and all I took away from it was Cuban admitted putting some garbage teams around Dirk.

So it been explained to me a few times, and I still don't understand why he broke up his championship team, it was so bizarre, he let everyone walk away.

I loved Cuban getting burned in every possible way for talking shit yesterday. Has anything a team owner said ever helped their team?

Perhaps he should take a cue from Jim Buss, and become a deaf mute, who hides underground in order to not be shamed publicly.

I'm feeling better about playoff OKC against the Spurs than I did in the regular season. I think it's going to be an uphill battle for sure but I think we'll see a 7 game series.

Everyone at /r/NBA is assuming that whoever wins the clippers/Portland series will automatically beat the warriors since curry is gone for two weeks. It doesn't make sense. The warriors are still a really fucking good team without him, I bet they could still hit 60 wins if he was gone all season. It won't be that easy.

Fjordson

Everyone at /r/NBA is assuming that whoever wins the clippers/Portland series will automatically beat the warriors since curry is gone for two weeks. It doesn't make sense. The warriors are still a really fucking good team without him, I bet they could still hit 60 wins if he was gone all season. It won't be that easy.
If CP 3 and Blake are out no way the Clippers would win that imo. GS still has two all-stars and starts 4 plus defenders. Not nearly as good when they have Curry, but not a pushover team.

Blazers would be tough, but they're a below average defensive team and their offensive firepower on the perimeter would be going against the strength of Golden State's defense.

Brinbe

Six people are fucking morons. No way Casey should be anywhere close to COTY. And how can Kerr be the COTY when the team won so many games with him out? Pop should win.

And, yeah the dubs should be heavy faves regardless of whether Curry plays or not. Draymond/Klay/Iggy should still be able to beat and shut down Dame/CJ or a CP-less Clippers. Hell, Livingston might be a better matchup to shut down Lillard than Curry. In fact, it might work out well if Curry gets rest and is good to go for the conference finals against the Spurs/Thunder than if he gets dragged through this next series.

Kerr should not get COTY when he missed a third of the season. Especially when they didn't miss a beat with him gone. Stevens, Stotts and Carlisle should be the top 3.

spyder_ur

That's dumb. Walton coached more than half of the season, right? Absurd. And Casey above the perfect man Brad Stevens is a fireable offense.

Fjordson

Surprised Kerr won, figured he and Walton would split too many votes.

Have to wonder if some media voted on this for the last two years. Kerr's 140 and 24 so far as head coach which is pretty insane.

Lol so the coach with the team that just broke the all time season record should not get COTY? That's classic...

Yeah Walton held the fort down but Kerr layed the foundation from the get go. This is even silly to argue.

Lol so the coach with the team that just broke the all time season record should not get COTY? That's classic...

Yeah Walton held the fort down but Kerr layed the foundation from the get go. This is even silly to argue.

Would a guy get MVP if he missed half of the season? Even on a record breaking team?

Stotts should've won, no one did more with less. The Warriors were already a monster even without Kerr coaching them for 30 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom