• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

Raps, specifically Demar baiting for fouls is nothing new. Dude is like 3rd just behind Harden and Boogie at getting to the line. Pacers really bitching about calls this series despite shooting more specifically Paul George. Despite being frauds raps really havent called out the officiating. And Paul George been given a lot of leeway this series in terms of shooting fts and fouling. Basically the same as Kyle or Demar.

Game 6 will be interesting.

Yeah it's hilarious when it's the Pacers bitching and George gets a huge amount of calls in his favor.

Now if only the raps could actually hit 3s. Shit is embarrassing.

neptunes

Yeah it's hilarious when it's the Pacers bitching and George gets a huge amount of calls in his favor.

Now if only the raps could actually hit 3s. Shit is embarrassing.
Raps need to pass the ball more quickly, get teammates higher percentage open looks

Indiana was making 3s at an unusual rate, and in the case of PG some of them were contested.

shira

Dwayne Casy said:
We're going to ride or die with DeMar and Kyle

Who the fuck is Norman Powell?
fail.gif
fail.gif

RS4-

Raps need to pass the ball more quickly, get teammates higher percentage open looks

Indiana was making 3s at an unusual rate, and in the case of PG some of them were contested.

It's pretty bad when they're shooting 40% from the field and a lol 27 from 3. Demar has taken bad 3s in the playoffs, so I'm not surprised at his percentages. But man, Lowry had good looks and he's only hitting 16% of his.

Brutal.

It's pretty bad when they're shooting 40% from the field and a lol 27 from 3. Demar has taken bad 3s in the playoffs, so I'm not surprised at his percentages. But man, Lowry had good looks and he's only hitting 16% of his.

Brutal.

When I look at Lowry shooting. He's making the good shots that hes supposed to make. BUT nothing's going in. maybe this is a bit more Psychological since at the end of the season he had to get his elbow drained of fluid and that's what's bothering him,

RBH

WATTBA... What a f'n game last night. My vid of the Norm dunk from the ACC>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZzGz4shw1s

Can't believe we actually won that game. Miracles do happen.

That crowd looks and sounds awesome.

A far cry from the atmosphere at most Hawks games.

I'm a die-hard Hawks fan since '92, but I'll be the first to admit that the atmosphere at Hawks games is pretty flat the majority of the time. It might be because this town has become so jaded after all of the 1st round disappointments over the years (understandable to an extent) or because the Hawks haven't had a "star player" to rally around since Nique in the early 90's, but either way, it's always been noticeable to me just how flat the live experience is at Philips Arena most of the time. Even with the Falcons' extensive history of mediocrity, I still feel like the Falcons and Braves are above the Hawks in the pecking order in Atlanta pro sports.

phanphare

Banned

I'm a die-hard Hawks fan since '92, but I'll be the first to admit that the atmosphere at Hawks games is pretty flat the majority of the time. It might be because this town has become so jaded after all of the 1st round disappointments over the years (understandable to an extent) or because the Hawks haven't had a "star player" to rally around since Nique in the early 90's, but either way, it's always been noticeable to me just how flat the live experience is at Philips Arena most of the time. Even with the Falcons' extensive history of mediocrity, I still feel like the Falcons and Braves are above the Hawks in the pecking order in Atlanta pro sports.

yeah last season none of my atlanta friends knew what the hawks were doing until football season was over

kazinova

I love that fans always try and take the high road on people cheering for injuries. No fan base is immune to getting too into a series and being excited for another player to go down.

Boston fans complaining about Atlanta fans might want to reference the video of their fans cheering for Kevin Love running out of the arena last year...

If Blatt joins the Knicks, do you think they'll trade Melo? He was brought into Cleveland to develop Kyrie and their young core of players before LeBron joined and they went into full contending mode. Maybe he'll want a multi-year rebuilding gig with Porzingis as his Kyrie?

Fjordson

I am really nervous about tonight. Dubs are 9.5 point favourites and everyone is assuming they're going to the next round to play Portland, but they haven't sealed the deal yet. Hope all that assuming hasn't built up some bad karma.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

We're getting close to that with the Raptors. These last three years have been our best stretch in franchise history but people want the second round.

This is the Raps chance to really get on the landscape here in Toronto, with zero Canadian teams in the NHL playoffs and the Jays season just starting they can grab a lot of the audience.

But to casual fans they are just known as chokers who can't get out of the first round, so making it through here will be huge.

We're getting close to that with the Raptors. These last three years have been our best stretch in franchise history but people want the second round.

This is the Raps chance to really get on the landscape here in Toronto, with zero Canadian teams in the NHL playoffs and the Jays season just starting they can grab a lot of the audience.

But to casual fans they are just known as chokers who can't get out of the first round, so making it through here will be huge.

I'm a huge fan but they are chokers who cant get outta the first round. Lets be serious here.

Anyway. The East's first round has been disappointing. A lot of games going to 6+ but pretty much 0 close games besides Boston-Atlanta game 4 and Toronto-Indiana game 5.

Line_HTX

So Jason Terry is guaranteeing a Game 5 win.

Now's your perfect opportunity, Warriors. End this charade of a season once and for all!

DO NOT FUCK UP THIS TIME AROUND!!

I am really nervous about tonight. Dubs are 9.5 point favourites and everyone is assuming they're going to the next round to play Portland, but they haven't sealed the deal yet. Hope all that assuming hasn't built up some bad karma.

Lacob is going to come out tonight and proclaim himself the god emperor of basketball...

If Blatt joins the Knicks, do you think they'll trade Melo? He was brought into Cleveland to develop Kyrie and their young core of players before LeBron joined and they went into full contending mode. Maybe he'll want a multi-year rebuilding gig with Porzingis as his Kyrie?

Melo has a no trade clause and doesn't seem to want to leave NY.

Not to mention, it's going to take him a few games to get up to speed once he is healthy enough to play. Two weeks is typically enough to kill your conditioning (yes he's obviously doing rehab but you can't simulate actual game speed)

RBH

Fuck you Hawks fans booing Isaiah as he hobbles off the court.

I'm pretty sure they weren't booing him being hurt. Unless you were watching the broadcast, I don't think you could tell that he was injured. The fans were booing IT every time he touched the ball during the game, and by the time his limp became noticeable as he walked by the bench, the boobirds were already in full force after he stopped play with his intentional foul.

Bread

Banned
I'm pretty sure they weren't booing him being hurt. Unless you were watching the broadcast, I don't think you could tell that he was injured. The fans were booing IT every time he touched the ball during the game, and by the time his limp became noticeable as he walked by the bench, the boobirds were already in full force after he stopped play with his intentional foul.
Well he was running to the locker room after the foul and there were boos.

RBH

Well he was running to the locker room after the foul and there were boos.

Yeah, the same boos that had been attached to him the entire game regardless. Pretty sure they weren't cheering his injury (or were even aware that he was injured).

Fjordson

Windhorst reporting that Warriors are privately looking at less than two weeks as a return time.
Shit I just looked this up

But, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst, the Warriors might be happier with the results of the MRI than they're letting on. During an appearance on "SportsCenter," Windhorst said that he's been told that the Warriors are "thrilled" with the prognosis.

"I actually think the Warriors are not saying it, but I think that they're optimistic that Steph is going to be back sooner than later," Windhorst said. "I think that MRI, from what I've been told, had the best possible news the Warriors could have gotten."

It's lit. We back.

snebhuq0evqrc.gif

phanphare

Banned
lol, steve clifford commented on the flopping salt from whiteside

"If you're going to get into career flopping between the two rosters, it wouldn't be close. ... We don't have anybody that flops. We haven't had a flopping issue all year."

Clifford went on to say the Heat have the NBA's officiating reports from the series, adding, "I wouldn't say that if you read those reports they could have any complaints about the officials."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hassan-whiteside-accusing-hornets-of-flopping

I love coach cliff, always calls it like it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom