• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
IT with the paul pierce special after being made a bitch by Schroder .

Big brad Stevens fan but VERY questionable coaching tonight. Let the team bleed out before trying to fix the issue. One of those issues was sulinger unable to muster up any sort if energy to carry his fat ass to the perimeter, somehow brad completely missed that. He could
don't get the team to keep trying, they just waved the flag after hoping Atlanta would stop making open looks and they kept doing it. Terrible coaching toniht.

TSM

Mild ankle sprain for Isaah. They aren't going to bother taping him up for this mess. Hopefully he's up for game 5.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah the concept of letting your team fight back against a huge run is idiotic coaching , just call the timeout

I'm OK with a little fight, but he called it when it got to 22. He also let the 10 pt lead turn into the hole without calling the timeout. Again leaving sulinger out there was a horrible decision. He is dig us tingly out of shape and unable to make the rotations needed to play against this team especially this late in the season.

Tom Penny

Doesn't matter how good you are when your opponent is shooting like 50% from 3 on an absurd amount of attempts.

Sure it does. The game would have been over in the 1st half when ATL was shooting 20% for over a quarter but the Celtics offense suck big fat cock.

You know what might have helped too? If Stevens didn't let a 6 point lead get to 22 before calling fucking timeout. He's more than half to blame for this game.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Point guards getting hurt all over the place. How long til Kyrie gets hurt?

IT is fine, he's been dealing with that for a while, he sold it so he could excuse his embarrasing show tonight. Missing that tech was pretty telling of where he was at mentally tonight.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Doesn't matter how good you are when your opponent is shooting like 50% from 3 on an absurd amount of attempts.

They booed him when he left the court with an injury? I missed that.

The defense had some thing to do with that 3 pt shooting if you didn't notice.

george-michael-snoopy-walk.gif

Bread

Banned
You know what might have helped too? If Stevens didn't let a 6 point lead get to 22 before calling fucking timeout. He's more than half to blame for this game.
He took a timeout after it became an 11 point game. He took a timeout 2 minutes later and it was a 22 point game. Do you want him to take a time out after each made shot? Give me a break. The team didn't have it tonight, so bullshit to blame that on Stevens.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He took a timeout after it became an 11 point game. He took a timeout 2 minutes later and it was a 22 point game. Do you want him to take a time out after each made shot? Give me a break. The team didn't have it tonight, so bullshit to blame that on Stevens.

Lol what?! Leaving sulinger in made 0 sense. He sucks this series and he sucked tonight he didn't even bother to run players off the 3. He should've been on the bench the whole night.

Bread

Banned
Lol what?! Leaving sulinger in made 0 sense. He sucks this series and he sucked tonight he didn't even bother to run players off the 3. He should've been on the bench the whole night.
the only guy who could have filled Sully's place is Zeller and he is absolutely useless.

Tom Penny

the only guy who could have filled Sully's place is Zeller and he is absolutely useless.

Or they could have played Jordan Mickey over Zeller the entire year and developed him...then he'd be in these games. He should have been getting minutes when piece of shit David Lee was here.

Bread

Banned
Or they could have played Jordan Mickey over Zeller the entire year and developed him...then he'd be in these games. He should have been getting minutes when piece of shit David Lee was here.
Lol are you one of those Mickey fanboys too? He's an under sized center with barely any offensive skill. He's not a difference maker. I'd love for him to prove me wrong in the future but I know it's not happening this year.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Lol are you one of those Mickey fanboys too? He's an under sized center with barely any offensive skill. He's not a difference maker. I'd love for him to prove me wrong in the future but I know it's not happening this year.

Sulinger is a headcase, out of shape, overrated offensive talent. He settles for way too many threes and his fat has caught up to him in a huge way in this series. He shouldn't be seeing any time whatsoever.

Edit- and did I miss something but what happened to amir?

Tom Penny

He would have had little problem outplaying Zeller with Zeller minutes. Sullinger is also the worst player on the floor for both teams the whole series.

spyder_ur

Cmon, Jordan Mickey is not the solution to their problems right now. He was a second round pick that everyone knew needed development. Which happened, he had meaningful minutes in the NBA and performed well in the D League.

I'm as high on Jordan Mickey as anyone, but he's not the answer here. The answer is making shots. They didn't do it tonight, and role players for the Hawks like Bazemore and Scott did. Unfortunately the Celtics have lost a ton of shooting with Bradley out and the reduced effectiveness of Olynyk and Crowder.

I still think they win game 6 at home and game 7 is anyone's; playing in Atlanta is no real issue, even though they haven't won there yet.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Cmon, Jordan Mickey is not the solution to their problems right now. He was a second round pick that everyone knew needed development. Which happened, he had meaningful minutes in the NBA and performed well in the D League.

I'm as high on Jordan Mickey as anyone, but he's not the answer here. The answer is making shots. They didn't do it tonight, and role players for the Hawks like Bazemore and Scott did. Unfortunately the Celtics have lost a ton of shooting with Bradley out and the reduced effectiveness of Olynyk and Crowder.

I still think they win game 6 at home and game 7 is anyone's; playing in Atlanta is no real issue, even though they haven't won there yet.

A ton of those shots were uncontested due to poor defense. There was confusion and there was fatigue. Sullinger was 2 sometimes 3 steps behind the rotation at all times. What happened to amir? 13 minutes tonight.

Mickey is not the answer, and yes you have to hit open looks. The celts really haven't done that for a bit now. KO one of their best shooters is a shell of himself, crowder a huge piece is clearly not close to 100%. Tonight was an example of mentally checking out. Nothing was working for brad at the ,oment, isaiah let Schroder in his head and sully couldn't move his ass. It was a bloodbath.

Bread

Banned
Sulinger is a headcase, out of shape, overrated offensive talent. He settles for way too many threes and his fat has caught up to him in a huge way in this series. He shouldn't be seeing any time whatsoever.

Edit- and did I miss something but what happened to amir?
And with all those problems, he's still head and shoulders above every other big on the team. It's a talent problem, not coaching.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1016148

The back-and-forth between the Toronto Raptors and Indiana Pacers doesn't appear to be ending any time soon.

After seeing his team blow a 13-point fourth-quarter lead, the Pacers' Solomon Hill ripped the Raptors for their style of play, claiming Toronto's players rely too heavily on whistles.

"You want to play basketball, but it's not really basketball out there," Hill told Fox Sports Indiana. "Guys are playing for fouls, guys are going away from the concept of scoring just to try to get fouled."

This isn't the first time this series a member of the Pacers has called out the Raptors for trying to draw fouls, as head coach Frank Vogel accused Toronto of embellishing contact prior to Game 1.

Hill's criticism of the Raptors didn't end there, as the 24-year-old accused the Raptors at going after three-time All-Star Paul George.

"They're going at our best player, trying to get under his skin," Hill added. "If it causes them to get a tech, it really doesn't matter on their end. They're more desperate, so they're going after guys like that."

While Hill may not be a fan of Toronto's approach on offense, the Pacers appear to be copying the Raptors' style, as they've actually drawn more fouls this series (23.4 per game vs. 22.8) than their opponent.

Expecting a hard as hell game 6 coming up, hope Raps can pull it out.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
And with all those problems, he's still head and shoulders above every other big on the team. It's a talent problem, not coaching.

Why did amir play 13 minutes? He's not head and shoulders above jerbko or ko. I genuinely don't believe rhat. He's very talented but he has no work ethic and he's too much of a headcase. He also chucks 3s relentlessly despite being horrible at it.

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1016148

Expecting a hard as hell game 6 coming up, hope Raps can pull it out.

Raps, specifically Demar baiting for fouls is nothing new. Dude is like 3rd just behind Harden and Boogie at getting to the line. Pacers really bitching about calls this series despite shooting more specifically Paul George. Despite being frauds raps really havent called out the officiating. And Paul George been given a lot of leeway this series in terms of shooting fts and fouling. Basically the same as Kyle or Demar.

Game 6 will be interesting.

spyder_ur

A ton of those shots were uncontested due to poor defense. There was confusion and there was fatigue. Sullinger was 2 sometimes 3 steps behind the rotation at all times. What happened to amir? 13 minutes tonight.

Mickey is not the answer, and yes you have to hit open looks. The celts really haven't done that for a bit now. KO one of their best shooters is a shell of himself, crowder a huge piece is clearly not close to 100%. Tonight was an example of mentally checking out. Nothing was working for brad at the ,oment, isaiah let Schroder in his head and sully couldn't move his ass. It was a bloodbath.

I don't actually disagree with much of this. The Celtics D was poor tonight, but a large part of that was that the gameplan was clearly designed to allow shots by guys not named Korver, Teague, Millsap. Those guys hit shots and credit to them.

Like I said, the injuries really hurt them, even if the guys that are hurt aren't Curry or Blake. The Celtics, lacking a superstar, are a collection of finely tuned good players, none of which are ready for a larger role, I don't think. When you take a couple pieces away, the system crumbles, but I think they're still holding up remarkably well.

Eos

Wasn't able to catch the game so I just saw the boxscore and wow. Raptors going to get the next one as well.

Series getting chippy, I hope one game our 3s start to fall especially for Lowry. This is just ridiculous with him.

If he keeps playing like this we are going to get swept next round even if we make it through first round. Fake series win indeed

Bread

Banned
l
Like I said, the injuries really hurt them, even if the guys that are hurt aren't Curry or Blake. The Celtics, lacking a superstar, are a collection of finely tuned good players, none of which are ready for a larger role, I don't think. When you take a couple pieces away, the system crumbles, but I think they're still holding up remarkably well.
I read a good quote about Stevens that his margin of error is nonexistent because of the lack of talent. It's so true. The team needs like 3 guys to over perform per night to have a chance at winning a game.

Meanwhile Lakers-GAF
New coaching candidate emerges Nick Young tweeted "I'll be yo coach"
Can SwaggyP do a better job than his predecessor? I think so lol

Series getting chippy, I hope one game our 3s start to fall especially for Lowry. This is just ridiculous with him.

If he keeps playing like this we are going to get swept next round even if we make it through first round. Fake series win indeed

We are Raptors fans, there is no such thing as "fake series wins". Bro, we don't even have a "real series win" in the best of 4 era.

If the Heat make it through the first round I feel like Toronto wins that series in 5 or maybe 6 games.

Heat really struggle on the road and the interior defense has been awful. I feel like DeRozan and Lowry would just attack the paint and either score at will or draw fouls.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I read a good quote about Stevens that his margin of error is nonexistent because of the lack of talent. It's so true. The team needs like 3 guys to over perform per night to have a chance at winning a game.

That doesn't rid him of blame. He was bad tonight period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom