• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harden crying himself to sleep tonight thinking about the good old days.

0ca66.png

Yeah I don't get why he wants to opt out. What does he think he's going to get on the open market, 3/60? I wouldn't offer him half of that.

Tyson Chandler's corpse just got 4/$52 million and he's 3 years older than Dwight. DeAndre Jordan is a similar type of player, but 3 years younger, and got $88 million and had two teams fighting over him like he was the belle of the ball. You guys are really underestimating the market if you think Dwight doesn't have every reason to opt out of 1 year/$22 million. Somebody is going to throw mad money at him.

This season is finally over! Good luck on the next round GSW!!!!!

I hope the Rockets keep Beasley. They have a lot of work to do before the next season.

Dallas, Portland and even Orlando are said to be interested. Despite the dysfunction in Houston and his lingering physical decline, Dwight is still a good player, at a position (defensive anchor at the 5) that still carries some value around the league. Teams are looking for Centers who can anchor their defense while the other 4 guys on the court run around and shoot 3s.

Dwight and Porzingis would probably be a terrible fit, which means the Knicks will absolutely try and sign Dwight. Blake would be a much better running mate for the Zinger, if the Knicks can convince the Clipps to take Melo.

Gigglepoo

Dwight and Porzingis would probably be a terrible fit, which means the Knicks will absolutely try and sign Dwight. Blake would be a much better running mate for the Zinger, if the Knicks can convince the Clipps to take Melo.

I think LAC would have to convince NY to take Blake. Melo would be more than Doc could hope for. I expect his best offers to be Boston (or rather BK) draft picks.

So what's the story on this Rockets to Cancun thing?

Was the team planning a trip before they found out they somehow made the playoffs?
Is that why most of the Houston team was disappointed when Harden hit the shot that ended up winning game 3 and extending the series to 5 games?

So what's the story on this Rockets to Cancun thing?

Was the team planning a trip before they found out they somehow made the playoffs?
Is that why most of the Houston team was disappointed when Harden hit the shot that ended up winning game 3 and extending the series to 5 games?

I think it's a joke/reference to Nick Van Exel.

All it takes is one team to (probably Dallas or Portland) to offer big money and the market is set.

The Blazers getting Dwight would get me to stop rooting for them, at least for the short term*. You've got a competent young squad who is learning how to play the game, and you want to bring in the guy who leaves a trail of destruction everywhere he goes just because he won a dunk contest 8 years ago? Fuck that. I seriously hope that doesn't come to fruition.

*I look forward to viewing this post a year from now saying "Thank God we got Dwight; dude's a beast and Stotts really got him focused!"

Just saw that Golden State's pace has been 8% slower without Curry, but the offensive efficiency has been nearly identical.

B/c we call more set plays with him out (something like over 60% of offensive sets). When Curry is in, the coaches almost never call any set plays...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom