• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
by taking away drives yall unlocked our 3-point shooting. it's like spo forgot why he was letting us in the paint in the first place.

naw, the plan is foolproof so long as the people running it aren't fools: Stop the 3 point game forcing them to try to come closer to the rim, where Whiteside would then defend the inside.

Problem is that whiteside has stunk defensively and that plan hasn't worked out because he's a knucklehead.

so then we're left with either defend the 3 or defend the interior because our initial plan to defend both has failed thanks to whiteside being a chump. If Bosh was playing we'd be defending the PnR without much of an issue but alas he's done for the year.

phanphare

Banned
naw, the plan is foolproof so long as the people running it aren't fools: Stop the 3 point game forcing them to try to come closer to the rim, where Whiteside would then defend the inside.

Problem is that whiteside has stunk defensively and that plan hasn't worked out because he's a knucklehead.

so then we're left with either defend the 3 or defend the interior because our initial plan to defend both has failed thanks to whiteside being a chump. If Bosh was playing we'd be defending the PnR without much of an issue but alas he's done for the year.

I'll give you that, whiteside is something else both in a great way and an awful way

after game 1 and 2 I was convinced he'd get max money somewhere. not anymore lol.

he is ridiculously talented but he also seems like a big baby and a liability in crucial situations.

ChGqVX3VEAA_ahz.jpg

Steph...please think about your MCL...

The Blazers getting Dwight would get me to stop rooting for them, at least for the short term*. You've got a competent young squad who is learning how to play the game, and you want to bring in the guy who leaves a trail of destruction everywhere he goes just because he won a dunk contest 8 years ago? Fuck that. I seriously hope that doesn't come to fruition.

*I look forward to viewing this post a year from now saying "Thank God we got Dwight; dude's a beast and Stotts really got him focused!"

It's not about his dunks or flashiness, lost in all the drama is the fact that Dwight is still a pretty good player, at a position where there aren't a ton of great players available and at a position where a team like Portland could really use his skillset. Front offices will routinely talk themselves into grabbing talented players with off-court issues thinking they will be the ones to figure him out, and on top of that, I think a lot of the off-court stuff with Dwight has been sort of overblown. Yeah he's handled large parts of his career poorly in a lot of ways, but a lot of the drama in his last two stops (Lakers and Rockets) have not been completely of his own doing. The one thing I'll say about Dwight is that he doesn't seem to mind being a secondary type player to a certain extent. If you are a team like Portland, you are looking at Dwight as being another cog alongside Lillard and McCollum, and not necessarily putting the pressure of being the 2nd coming of Wilt/Kareem/Shaq on him, which I don't think he wants.

Tom Penny

Celtics shooting killing them. They Hawks haven't changed the drop back in the paint D the whole series because they can't make them pay.

spyder_ur

Celtics shooting killing them. They Hawks haven't changed the drop back in the paint D the whole series because they can't make them pay.

Yeah, I'm getting the sense the Hawks D has solved the Celtics to an extent. They really need to generate some transition opportunities.

Tom Penny

Yeah, I'm getting the sense the Hawks D has solved the Celtics to an extent. They really need to generate some transition opportunities.

It's laughable. Crowder been hot garbage all series trying to pump fake then drive into the paint when he hasn't shot to save his life? Bradley would be pulling the trigger on every single one of those open 3's..it is what it is.

spyder_ur

It's laughable. Crowder been hot garbage all series trying to pump fake then drive into the paint when he hasn't shot to save his life? Bradley would be pulling the trigger on every single one of those open 3's..it is what it is.

Yeah, same discussion we've had before. Between Bradley being out and olynyk and Jae's rustiness they've lost a ton of shooting.

Smart has no idea how to pass. He is the Avery Bradley of point guards.

Nah, he's made a ton of good passes this series. That pass to olynyk is one where you expect your big man to make a play. Unfortunately that big man is a corpse right now.

Sanjuro

Smart is fine, he just isn't a great great PG. The meaning being Bradley isn't a point guard ever, but Danny loved him there for reasons...

spyder_ur

Smart is fine, he just isn't a great great PG. The meaning being Bradley isn't a point guard ever, but Danny loved him there for reasons...

Danny? You mean Doc?

But yeah, he's so much better off the ball. I think the concern was that he was considered undersized but the nba is much more friendly to combo guards now. And to his credit Avery improved his dribbling and decision making.

Sanjuro

Danny? You mean Doc?

But yeah, he's so much better off the ball. I think the concern was that he was considered undersized but the nba is much more friendly to combo guards now. And to his credit Avery improved his dribbling and decision making.

Danny. The guy who didn't trade for point guards for two seasons. Who has ruined this team more than made it better.

Danny Motherfucking Ainge.

Toronto Blue Jays Legend.

Tom Penny

Danny. The guy who didn't trade for point guards for two seasons. Who has ruined this team more than made it better.

Blew up the whole team and and two years made the playoffs back to back,fleeced the fuck out of the Nets and have money for 2 max players. What an idiot.

spyder_ur

I can't tell if you're joking. Bradley was a fantastic pick and Danny isn't responsible for his relative misuse for a couple years there. Either way though Danny made an incredible pick in Bradley and then signed him to a even better deal after his rookie deal. He's getting better year after year. Where's the issue?

The Celtics had either Rajon Rondo or Isaiah Thomas on the team for the past, what 8 years? What PG did you want him to trade for? The backcourt is the strength of this team.

Bazemore has made himself some money this series. I don't particularly like his game but he's been damn solid at the right time so good for him.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So where does crowder rank in al time playoff disasters? Seriously on both sides of the ball the guy is a fucking trainwreck. You can't win on grit, I let my self buy the hype on this team, and this series reminds me just how far away they really are from competing.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I can't tell if you're joking. Bradley was a fantastic pick and Danny isn't responsible for his relative misuse for a couple years there. Either way though Danny made an incredible pick in Bradley and then signed him to a even better deal after his rookie deal. He's getting better year after year. Where's the issue?

The Celtics had either Rajon Rondo or Isaiah Thomas on the team for the past, what 8 years? What PG did you want him to trade for? The backcourt is the strength of this team.

Bazemore has made himself some money this series. I don't particularly like his game but he's been damn solid at the right time so good for him.

Hold up bradley was not an amazing pick or an amazing player. He's solid but far from amazing.

Tom Penny

So where does crowder rank in al time playoff disasters? Seriously on both sides of the ball the guy is a fucking trainwreck. You can't win on grit, I let my self buy the hype on this team, and this series reminds me just how far away they really are from competing.

Fat ass or Crowder ass shittiest player in the series?

How many championships has he won in comparison to wasted HOF talent?

Kind of an idiot.

Danny traded Al Jefferson, Jeff Green and trash for KG, Allen and a championship that easilly could have been more if everyone stayed healthy or if Pierce and Allen don't shoot 8-29 in a Game 7 against a Metta World Peace led Lakers team.

How is that being an idiot?

Sanjuro

Danny traded Al Jefferson, Jeff Green and trash for KG, Allen and a championship that easilly could have been more if everyone stayed healthy or if Pierce and Allen don't shoot 8-29 in a Game 7 against a Metta World Peace led Lakers team.

...because we had a team without a point guard for two seasons.

Idiot.

The guy doesn't seem completely healthy, I'm willing to give him a break.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

He then traded their only center to get jeff green back and tried for years to convince us he could actually play basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom