• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where does crowder rank in al time playoff disasters? Seriously on both sides of the ball the guy is a fucking trainwreck. You can't win on grit, I let my self buy the hype on this team, and this series reminds me just how far away they really are from competing.

Well he's kinda hurt :/

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Getting Bradey with the 18th pick in the draft or whatever it was is absolutely a great pick.

It's a solid pick, I mean damn Leonard and gree freak were 15th.
Solid rotational players are taken all the time outside of the top 10. Bradley is an overrated defender, and a streaky shooter. At best he's a d and 3 guy who is undersized, fragile, and inconsistent.

spyder_ur

Good enough to play 35 minutes but not good enough to shoot 20%..yeah. Not buying that type of leeway.

Do you need to see more Hunter? Rozier? Want a little James Young? Go big with sully? Those are the options.

He's been bad but he's obviously banged up...I think they were hoping he'd play his way into rhythm a bit.

...because we had a team without a point guard for two seasons.

Idiot.

Well, he did have Rondo who couldn't stay healthy enough.

He then traded their only center to get jeff green back and tried for years to convince us he could actually play basketball.

Green was a mistake, but their "only center" was Perkins who then proceeded to absolutely suck ever since, so that's a plus for not betting on a bad player more than he had to.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Do you need to see more Hunter? Rozier? Want a little James Young? Go big with sully? Those are the options.

He's been bad but he's obviously banged up...I think they were hoping he'd play his way into rhythm a bit.

It's game 6 he's not going anywhere. The leash should've been shortened much earlier. Luckily he forced brads hand and took him off the floor.

Sanjuro

Green was a mistake, but their "only center" was Perkins who then proceeded to absolutely suck ever since, so that's a plus for not betting on a bad player more than he had to.

So, one glass point guard is good?

Nah. Idiot.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I don't care if they signed perk or not. They were DESPERATE for a presence at the rim and some form of rebounding. So much so that they banked on troy Murphy filling the void. They were a decent center short of contending that year. When Shaq was playing they were unstoppable.

spyder_ur

It's a solid pick, I mean damn Leonard and gree freak were 15th.
Solid rotational players are taken all the time outside of the top 10. Bradley is an overrated defender, and a streaky shooter. At best he's a d and 3 guy who is undersized, fragile, and inconsistent.

Ok he's not as good of a pick as Kawhi. Great point.

And no they're not really. Look at the 10 picks on either side of Bradley to see that.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Ok he's not as good of a pick as Kawhi. Great point.

And no they're not really. Look at the 10 picks on either side of Bradley to see that.

That's cherry picking one draft pick though. He drafted a decent d and 3 guy. He's nothing spectacular. Like I said solid pick, but pump the breaks on great. Guys like a very are drafted late all the time.

So, one glass point guard is good?

Nah. Idiot.

Well look at the Cavaliers last season, when they lost Irving they had to start Dellavefuckingdova. Not every team can have insane depth in every position, the Warriors kind of do but they won 73 games so that's the exception.

I don't care if they signed perk or not. They were DESPERATE for a presence at the rim and some form of rebounding. So much so that they banked on troy Murphy filling the void. They were a decent center short of contending that year. When Shaq was playing they were unstoppable.

But Kendrick Perkins sucked. Besides, that team had bigger issues in the offense than in the defense. They could't buy a bucket for long stretches and no presence at the rim would have changed that. Green was at least a hail mary to try to help with that.

Besides, they faced a really motivated Lebron and nothing would have stopped him of losing in the Finals that year.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Well look at the Cavaliers last season, when they lost Irving they had to start Dellavefuckingdova. Not every team can have insane depth in every position, the Warriors kind of do but they won 73 games so that's the exception.

But Kendrick Perkins sucked. Besides, that team had bigger issues in the offense than in the defense. They could't buy a bucket for long stretches and no presence at the rim would have changed that. Green was at least a hail mary to try to help with that.

Besides, they faced a really motivated Lebron and nothing would have stopped him of losing in the Finals that year.

That is not true at all, not sure what year you're thinking of. The offense was top notch at the start of the season. Jeff green was not a hail Mary for that season, he was there to start the rebuild. Danny gambled on the wrong guy. Their biggest issue was rim protection and rebounding.

Edit- and perk did not suck in his prime. He was a strong presence down low and a solid rebounder.

That is not true at all, not sure what year you're thinking of. The offense was top notch at the start of the season. Jeff green was not a hail Mary for that season, he was there to start the rebuild. Danny gambled on the wrong guy. Their biggest issue was rim protection and rebounding.

Edit- and perk did not suck in his prime. He was a strong presence down low and a solid rebounder.

Perk was a beast in prime.

Sure, Perk was good in his prime, but he wasn't in his prime when Danny traded him. Besides, Kendrick Perkins would never have been the difference between winning or losing to that Heat team.

And the C's defense improved without Perkins anyway.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Sure, Perk was good in his prime, but he wasn't in his prime when Danny traded him. Besides, Kendrick Perkins would never have been the difference between winning or losing to that Heat team.

Yes he was in his prime. He was coming off the ACL but he was playing well. I truly believe he would've been the difference. The celts had no interior defense and we're one of the bottom rebounding teams. The perk trade made 0 sense for his aging superstars, and only looked to start the rebuild early.

Sanjuro

You moved field goal posts. What does this have to do with not having a point guard?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You moved field goal posts. What does this have to do with not having a point guard?

I stand by the statement, the jeff green move made virtually 0 sense for the Celtics and only made them worse. I'll give danny this he hit on the big 3 obviously, but McHale had something to do with that. He fleeced the Nets which was his 2nd best move.

That being said while isaiah was a nice get he timed it wrong, blowing their draft position for a few extra dollars from their faux playoff appearance. The nate Robinson swap was a bust, the jeff green trade was a bust, the mid season acquisitions all were busts from steph marbury, to Miki moore, to troy murphy, etc. He mostly blew the rondo a true despite landing crowder, the timing was wrong nonetheless. The jason terry signing was a big flop, Jermaine o Neal big flop, etc.

His drafting outside of Bradley who I stand by as just a solid not spectacular pick, has been subpar. Fab Melo was an obvious bust sulinger was a value pick, and he's lived up to his negative hype-out of shape headcase. He chose KO over giannis, terry rozier too soon to tell but was widely seen as a big reach. James young also appears to be a bust. It's tough to fault someone for NBA drafting since there's such little talent available, however I feel his is noteworthy for some of the extreme misses.

Yes he was in his prime. He was coming off the ACL but he was playing well. I truly believe he would've been the difference. The celts had no interior defense and we're one of the bottom rebounding teams. The perk trade made 0 sense for his aging superstars, and only looked to start the rebuild early.

I just don't agree, I think he a declining player for a more talented one that could have helped in the future even more. Things didn't work, but I don't dislike the move per se.

That's my opinion anyway. If Perkins was the championship Perkins, yeah I'd agree it would have been bad.

He never didn't have a point guard, dude only got injured and it was unfortunate. Like I said, Dellavedova started in a few Finals games because the Cavs PG got injured, it happens.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I just don't agree, I think he a declining player for a more talented one that could have helped in the future even more. Things didn't work, but I don't dislike the move per se.

That's my opinion anyway. If Perkins was the championship Perkins, yeah I'd agree it would have been bad.

He never didn't have a point guard, dude only got injured and it was unfortunate. Like I said, Dellavedova started in a few Finals games because the Cavs PG got injured, it happens.

That's fine I can tell you the vast majority of people who remember that season vividly will agree with me. A inge waived the flag when he tried for green.

Edit- championship Perkins was not prime perkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom